Bears vs Lions S2 W10

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Anthrax78, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Lions Win Pivotal Game Against Rival Bears, 42-24
    The Lions, who have caught fire recently, knocked off the Chicago Bears moving to 5-4 on the season and moving into a crash course with the Packers for a wild card spot. The Lions, who are winners of three straight and are looking good on both sides of the ball but coach Westcott is still not pleased! "This NFC North is the toughest division in the league right now, we don't get the press that the NFC East gets but all these teams are brutal." Westcott commented after the game.
    The Bears, under new head coach Jon Kapp, look a lot more explosive than the previous regime. "They move the ball way better through the air. I don't know what drills those guys are running during practice but those wideouts are deadly in the open field." Westcott said.
    On the opening drive the Bears, on a third and long connected to Devery Henderson, who did a spin/juke move leaving Louis Delmas in the dust for an opening 7-0 lead. The Lions answered right back with a curl route pass to Calvin Johnson, who then trucked Charles Tillman and then ran by the Bears defense for a 61 yard TD reception. "I knew that after the first two possessions that this was going to turn into a shoot-out and I knew we needed to alter our approach" coach Westcott said during the press conference.
    After trading scores and big pass plays from both Brandon Marshall and Walker Stream, who kept blasting through the Bears and Lions presses and coverage, the Lions went into the half with a 28-17 lead. "We couldn't sustain the flying circus act they were producing on us" Westcott added "Whenever they caught the ball they got so much YAC it was insane, I cautioned our secondary to keep them in front of you and called a heavier zone package the second half."
    But the real story was slowing the pace down with 7th round pick and feel good-story this year for the Lions, HB rookie Ladarius Mitchell, who ended the game with 139 yards on 24 carries and a TD. The Lions opened the second half and burned half the third quarter's clock down, giving the defense time to compose itself while Mitchell kept chomping 4 and 5 yard runs keeping the drive alive, finally being capped by a slant route TD catch by Walker Stream. "He really saved the game for us, keeping Cutler on the sidelines and forcing the Bears to hurry their offense more." Westcott then added, "I knew his agility and elusiveness would pay off for him if he kept working hard, he just needed an opportunity." The Lions secondary finally forced the Bears to punt and Detroit cruised into the fourth with a commanding 35-17 lead and never looked back, closing the game 42-24.
    "These division games are so important to win, this is how you get into the playoffs" Coach Westcott concluded "The Bears have had coaching instability and if Jon Kapp's defense can come around they will easily be one of the most dangerous teams in the league!".
    stats:
    Stafford 12/13 302 yrds 4 TD
    Cutler 20/27 301 yrds 3 TD
    Mitchell 24 att 139 yrds 1 TD
    Forte 22 att 86 yrds
    Stream 5 rec 142 yrds 2 TD
    Henderson 4 rec 120 yrds 1 TD

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

This was quite a strange game, no turnovers. It turns out that possession means twice as much field position in this release of Madden. The Bears, historically one of the great defense teams constantly have trouble wrapping up the ball carrier and defending the pass. Coach Anthrax78 took the game over once he balance out his offense, and his D-line shut down the Bears running game. The Bears will need to look to get more pressure on defense and their former all pro corner backs need to watch film of previous seasons. The Bears are slowly fading in the playoff picture, and hope this will turn around.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

GG Jon MK, the last coach who had the Bears ran a vastly different scheme than what you do. Maybe in the offseason/draft you can get the personnel to fit the game style you like to play. (had same problem when I picked the Lions up last season). I can tell you this, you picked my secondary apart so I definitely need to do things different too!