Bears vs Lions S3 W3

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Anthrax78, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Aug 7, 2012
    Lions Win Big Over Bears, 45-14
    and lose big too, with 2nd round pick Jayrone Harris out for 8 weeks
    The Lions have so far loved their new-found rushing attack with the addition to Jayrone Harris, who has added another dimension to their offensive attack.
    Now they will have to find another way to continue their ground success.
    Harris started off the game shaky, with a hard hit by Urlacher that was nearly coughed up. Detroit continued their ground attack though, keeping the Bears defense guessing and taking a commanding lead into halftime, 17-0. The Lions scored on a TD reception by Titus Young and a rushing TD by Harris. The third quarter began and Harris took a handoff that ended with a ground shacking shot from Lance Briggs that silenced the Ford Field crowd. He was carted off with a broken collarbone.
    "Its a real shame, considering the promise he showed so far but that's the nature of the game and I feel we are deep enough at the position to keep our gameplan" coach Westcott said after the game. The Lions also lost FA acquisition Nick Barnett so far this season too, with the injury bug hitting the Lions hard early.
    Ladarius Mitchell came in the third quarter and ran hard against the Bears formidable front, adding two more rushing TD's and keeping any hopes of a Bears comeback on the sidelines as the Lions chewed clock. "I liked this guy since he got here last season and he is a great pick considering we got him in the 7th." Westcott said "We need him to play like this every week if we are going to contend for a NFC North title and we certainly have our work cut out for us."
    The Bears added two passing TD's from Cutler who got picked 3 times during the game but coach Westcott feels they are heading in the right direction. "I know coach Craig Brown and I think they got out of their game a little bit." Westcott concluded "I'm sure that these guys are going to come out stronger in Chicago later this year and coach Brown always has his team prepared."
    Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 3.PNG