Bears vs Packers Week 2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dakota7, Sep 21, 2012.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

[​IMG] 21
    [​IMG]24

Early season showdown in the NFC North, as the Bears traveled to Lambeau to take on their bitter rivals. Chicago opened the scoring on their first possession, using a power run attack and some well timed passing. HB Micheal Bush punched it in from 1 yard out. Aaron Rodgers was sharp, responding with a drive of his own. Rodgers found tight end DJ Williams on a wheel route for a 38 yard touchdown. Both teams traded interceptions on their next possessions, with neither team scoring. The Packers got things going on the ground, as James Starks banged out just enough yards to set up some play action passes. This got the Pack into the red zone and Starks finished it there with a short td run to make it 14-7. The Bears got backed way up on the ensuing kickoff, but faced with 3rd and 20 HB Matt Forte took a screen pass to the house. The teams went into halftime tied at 14. The Packers added a field goal in the 3rd quarter to take a slim 17-14 lead. After a couple of punts by both teams, the Packers moved methodically down the field. Looking at 3rd and goal from the 2, Rodgers found tight end Jermicheal Finley on a crossing pattern to take a 2 score lead early in the 4th quarter. The Bears responded with an 80 scoring drive, capped off by a Forte td run. The Packers received the kickoff and knew they needed a drive to preserve the victory. Using a blend of runs and short passes, the Packers strung together 3 or 4 first downs to burn out the clock and lock up the victory. Rodgers finished the game with 11 consecutive completions. The Packers travel to Seattle to take on gowazzucougs and the Seahawks next week.

Good game AgenT Smith I enjoyed our game and look forward to this match up going forward. That HB screen pass was a great call....caught me with my pants down.

packersbears.PNG
    packersbears2.PNG

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

hmm, i guess maybe the D sliders are ok?

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Funny how different scores look when games start to matter.:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Despite some crazy scores in Week 1 we averaged 24 points a game per team. NFL average least season was 22 points a game per team. So I really think we're pretty good. And honestly i think its going to take a bit of time for folks to figure out defense. it always seems to come last in the evolution of things.

5. BlyGilmore

To be fair so far you've played a guy who we removed because he was doing some suspect stuff, and then Aaron Rodgers. Not sure if you've watched a lot of Packers games, but "defenses can't stop the packers, the packers have to stop themselves" is a pretty accurate statement. You've got Bradford (17 pts in week one) Romo (3 points in week one) and Gabbert (17 points in week one) coming up.

this is why i say you can't look at one game and say "the shits broken." you need to look at a bunch of games, across different kinds of players.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    A good suggestion to follow: Unless you are in charge, don't provide unsolicited feedback. It works great.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BlyGilmore

honestly i'd rather see balls go over the head of a player down a level than having the superman linebackers from NCAA last year who'd jump 15 feet in the air and pick off passes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

since people had been complaining for users about super DBs reacting without looking at the ball, seems like DBs dont react unless in position and looking at the ball, or unless you take control yourself. DB/Safeties dont seem to react as good as last year.

9. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

My take on the game...

Offensively, I thought I did well. I had success running the ball early, but I got away from it somewhat and that really affected my gameplan and chances of winning. Also, you got a lot of timely sacks that basically killed key drives for me. I actually kept a TE in to block and shifted my line to the left multiple times because I forgot Matthews was hurt lol.

Defensively, I flat out couldn't stop you. Realized that for the most part, my Cover 2 did it's job by keeping everything underneath, I just probably called it too much. Calling it on 3rd and 4 is basically handing an offense a 1st down. Also played the run too conservatively, let Starks get outside one too many times. Not having Brian Urlacher definitely was a factor in my struggles. Overall though, I prevented the explosive plays but didn't make enough big plays and key stops.

I definitely plan to improve by Week 15. GG dakota7, hopefully by Week 15 we're battling for the NFC North.