Beating the Cheese #1 Quick Match

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by Chris Macon, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Chris Macon

Chris Macon Walk On

Oct 4, 2011
    So I've been very near to breaking my controller after facing some seriously ridiculous unstoppable cheese. So I thought. It just so happens that there are some simple ways to overcome cheesey game play. Mind you, I don't play with the heat, bulls, lakers or spurs. I play mostly Hornets, Grizzlies, Buck, Pacers and occasionally the Clippers or Magic. So for you guys who play with mid level teams this should be good for you.

Steel Spamming.

My initial though when it came to this was to be patient and run plays to get open shot, but I was wrong. The ball will eventually be stolen if you stand in one place too long. So after playing a game agianst the thunder where I actually scored 0 points in one quarter (that has never happened to me before) something inside me broke a little and I decided to just take what is given to me.

Every time a guy goes for a steal I will drive on him. EVERY TIME!! It is no longer cheese at that point. It is just plain stupid to keep reaching when you are just giving the player a free pass to the lane. once you get in the lane then you patiently wait for something to open up (patient as in take a half a second to see how the defense reacts.) I will take a midrange shot a few times if there bigs don't step up. I'll hit a shooter behind the 3 line if help comes. I'll look for my bigs if theirs step up. So many options. I have been beating cheesers by 20 or more using this method.

I hate cheese. Unless it came from a cow (or goat,) I don't want it. I've noticed that most cheese leaves huge openings but we "sim" players hesitate to take them because NBA players wouldn't do that so your left without a "sim" reaction to "unsim" game play.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. G_T_G

Jul 21, 2010
    Yeah I will only go for a steal if I see them setting up a play.. outside of that I reach in on the ball handler maybe 2 or 3 times a game.
  3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Jul 21, 2010
    Featured Threads:
    great stuff, keep this up