Before recruiting gets out of hand...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Should we not be allowed to recruit newly added players unless we are in their beginning top 10? I feel like the AI is broken as the CPU does not actively pursue these guys correctly. I realize some people (including myself) have already signed guys that are way out of the realm of their teams.

If we let this continue, our teams will soon be way more talented than any of the other teams in our conferences.

Should we eliminate it completely? Perhaps make a rule that we cannot recruit top 100 players in the offseason? What do you guys think?

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

If you are going to make a rule, you should make it that you have to be in their top 10. Don't penalize people that might have someone in the top 100 that is interested in them.

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I agree with this, last offseason was ridiculous... I didnt even recruit those guys week 1, and signed 1 guy and almost signed 2 more. If I had started early I might have had a bunch...

That shouldnt happen.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, that is what I meant. Not recruit top 100 guys unless you are in their top 10. If we are going to say the top 100 is off limits, then we would put in place something along those lines.

5. Bondzai

So what about going after people that don't have you in their top 10 during the regular season?

6. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I don't have a problem with that. Personally I signed one player that was added last year, and he came in as a 67 OVR CB. I think Keller and JR each signed one player a piece. Obviously I signed two big time players in season 1, and last year Drifter signed the only five star I believe.

I don't have a problem with not going after anyone that not in the top 100, but the bigger problem is that teams like Buffalo, Central Michigan, Rice and UCF are going to potentially have free reign in the offseason because they will all start being 4-5 star programs soon and they will start being in the top 10.

At the end of the day I will go along with whatever anyone wants to do. The only downside I see is that it made the offseason fun. Trying to grab a stud player made it fun and I think we were talking about 1 or at the most 2.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    This is just for offseason. Because it is just to easy to get those guys.

I think the regular season is pretty much fair game. Most of the time the CPU comes in late, it seems to be a huge risk.

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Personally if someone wants to try and waste their time during the regular season, I don't have a problem with that. Normally the CPU lands that guy and you waste time.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, but now the cat is out of the bag, for the most part. Most people didn't realize it could be done. Now everyone is going to hard sell out with even better pitches.

IMO, if you get your team up to the level where those guys are interested then good for you. If it comes to a point where we are discriminating against the lower 3 or 4 teams, then we can open it up.

10. Bondzai

My team was a 4-star last year and I think that I had only 1 person in the top 100 interested all year so I don't think it'll be a problem.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

And hopefully for the sake of your opponents in T2, you keep believing this ... :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah recruiting is screwy this year. I am currently #1 on a 5 star HB. There is a chance I don't get him but he should be punched in the junk for wanting to come to 3 star, 2-6 overall Tulane!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I have Tulane and they aren't too bad to recruit with - If you stick to players right in and around your state and positions of need, you can have 4 pitches A or better... ac prestige, camp life, prox home, early PT

I recruited a 4-star speed back J.J. James in year 1 and he is dominating for me. In Season 3 I have a chance to land 5-6 guys that didn't like me from the beginning... If not more.

14. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I'm down for whatever is decided. CPU still can't recruit....shocking :rolleyes:

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Did you start out the season 0-6? lol.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

close... lol

17. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

haha yeah I sucked ball sack after Griffin left. I have a True Frosh with 90 THP and 62 THA holdin it down. I think he has double the interceptions than TD's.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

During year 1 I nabbed a 2-star Juco with an A- / B- arm and he has been o.k. for a couple years... Bout to turn it over to a true freshman next year who is redshirting.... If we sign some of the WR's on our board we will be a powerhouse offensive school soon. I haven't had as much success signing linemen, however... ugh.

and since it's O-coordinator only, i have no idea how good my defense is...

19. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I would agree with not going after anybody not in your top 10 during the offseason if they're top 100. What about if/when we move up to the bigger teams? Will we still need to keep these restrictions?

20. Bondzai

When you have a BCS school, most of the top 100 will be interested anyway so it won't matter.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Probably not.

22. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

It is what it is... as a 2 star school, i can barely get recruits in the top 1000 interested..... let alone the top 100....

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    But what do you think about guys going after the new recruits added in the offseason?

24. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

I mean it really depends on the team to be honest.... if the guy isnt in your pipeline, most of the time you are wasting your time... for every one stud player you might get, you probably strike out on 3 or more.... so its more of a risk reward situation.... i feel like if you have the extra scholarships and the time to burn.... have at it.... i understand your point about the top 100 though.... currently its not really a problem for me.... but the 4 and potentially 5 star school have a totally different view point than i do.....

I guess i would say if they are in your home state... (not pipeline because we all can agree that is BS) but if its your home state and they are top 100..but your not in their top 10... you should be able to take a crack at them....

25. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I actually think this makes a lot of sense. Of course, all those Texas guys may have an advantage....