Being That the Offseason is comming on Fast

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RCF33, Feb 13, 2010.

1. RCF33

RCF33 Walk On

Being That the Offseason is comming on Fast

Ok I know we have 2 weeks left but do we have a draft class update or maybe a sneak peak at the upcomming Rooks ? Also Everyone lets try to get on top of our teams and prepare for the offseason, so we dont have another draw out one this time around

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

There is really nothing much to do Rich for Mega offseason but to prepare for the draft and make trades if we are able.

3. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

True Gaddy but still would be awesome if we can get through offseason quickly since there is little to actually do.

4. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

I think before we get to the offseason, certain things need to be addressed. I'm sure Mags has a plan and timetable for everything so its really premature to start posting anything about the offseason.

5. RCF33

RCF33 Walk On

This is true but well last Offseason was a little longer Than we had hoped

6. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Being prepared on the up coming offseason and with only 1 week left which is now (Sunday) there is nothing wrong with asking for some insite on what might be head. But, I am sure you being the "wee-mack" or police around here a.k.a..."running up the score" which started nothing but a flaming war on the forums. If you are concerned about things you should address those to the correct police (RC Mags) before opening a can of worms. So that being said....

One big issue was the HUGE blow out of portion "so and so kept their rookies that the cpu drafted"....so on and so....Here is a way we could do it (as Tank and I talked) 1. draft all 7 rounds, 2. Give the GM the right to keep whoever.

Btw TheLou..."how yourrr derrring";)

7. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

For record I definitely think we should just draft all 7 rounds this year.

And also for the record I think having a timetable set up and a draft date set up in advance will make planning easy for everyone.

And - for the record :) - I know you guys (Mags and RC) all probably know and do this already :) But I don't think with a week to go in season it is premature to begin having this discussion.

8. scarface

scarface Walk On

Not to flame anyone but its up to the RC and Mags.

Last offseason would have been fine if people would have followed what the commish had asked people to do. Though I and I am sure everyone else would like a shorter offseason.

Remember the reason we did it that way was because of the shit EA gave us for drafting.

The system we used with LP was good and we should use it again and do the same thing with minor adjustments, make more of a penalty system for people who do not follow the rules.

9. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

We talked for a bit after our game - and a fraction of the conversation was about the upcoming offseason. And my thoughts have already been shared in this thread. They are basically for a quick offseason, 7 round draft (as the draft is only way to add players without giving up stuff), and obviously all of this is up to MAGS and RC.

But I do believe in adding to the discussion. I feel it is a good sign when owners bring up ideas or share their thoughts in the open.

And for guys who can't reference past MEGA offseasons (AKA the new guys in the league like me) how long did those usually take? Obviously you guys had all the bells and whistles (free agency, etc) so I imagine they'd take a bit longer.

10. Luis

Luis Walk On

The offseason usually took 2 weeks in PC, and we did everything. We have 3 Fa periods (restricted, unrestricted before draft, and another unrestricted after draft), plus 4 or 5 rounds of draft and in we were able to make trades during the whole offseason.
    It ran very smoothly, as I know this one will do. Last year was an aberration, not the usual offseason. So lets wait till it comes, Mags and the RC will take care of it (with the help of US ALL).

11. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

I'm new at this but i would love to see the draft class already.

12. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Kick rocks

13. Trashyman44

Trashyman44 THELOU CRUSHER