Belated summary of USF hosting UW

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Belated summary of USF hosting UW

I like to give Blaza crap about how he's never beaten me in a game (he has but I didn't care about that game...lol) but I know he's a good player and what made it worse was he had just demolished some guy in the uprising 55-38 so he was warmed up. Ugh.

USF won the toss and elected to defer till the second half. We took the opening kickoff and embarked upon a 3:55 drive that resulted in a 1-yard rush. We had to convert four 3rd downs on the drive for various reasons but kept the drive going for a 7-0 lead.

USF tied it up on the subsequent drive with a 13-yard psas from B.J. Daniels to Lindsey Lamar, 7-7.

We countered with another drive, scoring on a 20-yard run from Deontae Cooper right up the middle as he broke a tackle, 14-7. If memory serves there were then two stops in two drives (INT thrown by Nick Montana, and a 3 and out by them) and the defenses sort of dominated the rest of the second quarter.

Blaza had the ball at the end and could have managed the clock better, after a completion the clock ran out and they got no points. 14-7 at half.

The third quarter was more of the same, defensive minded as we stopped them then got stopped ourselves, at the end of the quarter Nick Montana threw a 50-yard touchdown pass to our best receiver (now hurt) James Johnson, giving us a 21-7 lead. Our defense was playing really, really well. USF is challenged on the offenisve line and Andru Pulu had two sacks, with Everette Thompson starting to look like a dominating player grabbing the other one. We dominated the fourth quarter defensively then kicked a field goal with 1:03 remaining.

USF ran a hurry-up offense and we didn't react that well to it, allowing a long drive and a garbage-time touchdown with 0:16 remaining. What was worse was then they kicked an onside kick about 6 yards, one of my idiots touched it, and they recovered and had opportunities to add more yards. However the game was basically over. Defensive game overall, and we controlled the clock 19:27 to 12:33 with 26 first downs.

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

who gives a shit ...