Archived BenBuckeye

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Nov 26, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Please Use This Area To Post All The Excuses For Why Y'all Lost. This Is Your Area. Take Your Time On This. #GoBlue

• Like Like x 1
  2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

This is what you expect when you haven't beaten your rival in what 6 tries?

Don't worry Florida State dealt with this with both of their rivals, Miami and Florida...

Keep it classy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hail. To. The. Victors. He knew this was coming, he probably won't log onto the forums for a few days. He knows my mouth will be running. #BeatOhio

4. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Is it just me or do these to fat guys sound an awful lot alike JerzeyReign

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LOL...

Riddle me this -- Its 3rd and 6, what do you do?

7. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I was like WTFAYD. 50 secs left, 3rd down, run a play.

if its 1st down clock stops anyway, incomplete clock stops, if you get tackled short you can still get off another play on 4th down.

No worries though, the coach was just a muppet this year. Jerzey better gloat now cause with your new coach, it my be another 7-10 years before they get another one. I think Urban will get all the players he needs, even with loss of scholarships, and win the head to head games. Probation wont make them count as much.

for the record. Mich was my favorite team during the Anthony Carter days and i really only rooted against Mich vs the Washington schools in the 90's and Oregon the year with Jonathan Stewart, since he went to high school right down the road from me where i lived at the time.

So while i usually want a mich win, i see the matchup as going to be one sided if Meyer accepts the job. I think some of those florida teams were overrated and lucky. But Meyer gets pllayers and puts players in position to maximize their skills.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I really hate how the college football world thinks Meyer is just a godsend. Seriously, that guy had about 20 players arrested under his reign, to include some kid named Cam Newton, and magically him nor the University of Florida was ever investigated. In fact, most of those things never even came to light. Just swept under the rug by the NCAA, Florida, and ESPN -- we all know they have a lovefest for Meyer/Tebow. Maybe, just maybe, he was given a 'free pass' to leave Florida and nothing would be brought up. He was on top of the world, he built a dynasty, and he just up and left. Kind of funny to me.

Now enough of my Meyer hate but wanted to give some slight background on my final statement. #BeatOhio needs a guy that rules with a iron fist at this juncture, not another 'player's coach'. A school that is about to be 'punished' for a lack of discipline doesn't need a coach with a track record similar to Meyer.

Now, Meyer's success on the football field is undeniable but he's not the perfect fit for aOSU.

You've heard it here first. Watch, after they hire Meyer, some columnist will have a similar observation like the one I just made. In fact, I think they come to TSO and read my posts for ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  9. smace767

smace767 Walk On

First thing, as a OU fan i have ZERO love fest with Meyer. However a player coach who can have the media ignore team transgressions, get 5 star recruits to stack up in the depth chart and still only have minimal impact players transfers will survive and be successful at Ohio St.

He can hand pick who he wants and his system works in college. He will get strong tough assistants and associate head coaches to get control of the team. He also will have a higher standard of recruit as far as academics and discipline.

All college towns can be wild but Columbus is not Gainesville and Ohio St football players are not exposed to everything the Florida BCS schools are exposed too.

Meyer = Tebow= overrated player/ coach who most people love / respect and get results on the field.

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

They said the same thing about Lane Jerzey....they thought the job was to big for him and we should have gotten Jeff fisher from Tennessee , lol.

11. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Nothing makes me more happy than all those bandwagon fans with all those Florida and Auburn avatars switch them now that they are back where they belong avg teams in a cycle of good / great teams in the SEC.
    Half created by schedule some created by coaching and some luck. The perceptions will always keep an SEC team near the top and good coaches get get you ready for a game when you have a month to get ready.

the first 4 of the 5 in a row bcs champs from the sec were lucky to be in the game or lucky All American type players for the other team didnt play.

Auburn while lucky during the season earned their championship playing the best teams at full strength.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Your older than me so you know what I'm about to say already. Those kids are probably treated BETTER in 'non tourist' cities because their aren't too many other things to get into. They piss gold in those 'small' cities. Kingpin status. It'll probably be a little easier in Ohio than Florida but at the end of the day the temptations will be there. If he goes in with this 'relaxed' attitude, aOSU will be in a similar spot in a few years.

His pops made him a hot prospect. I actually like Lane Kiffin and really believed he would turn the Vols around. He has a passion for football plus I like the way he just called a spade a spade two weeks into the Vols job. From my understanding he hasn't had any players arrested in any previous jobs. Then again, if he didn't take any stuff from grown men, I'm pretty sure he's not taking any from a college kid.

I think he was more suited for the USC job than Meyer is suited for aOSU. I'm not saying he's a better coach/recruiter but I believe he's a better fit.

During this time aOSU should be looking for someone who just loves the hell outta their program like Michigan did with Coach Hoke. Plus, you're going to need someone that is willing to sit with those restrictions they will probably be put on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Honestly the main reason i am excited that Meyer is taking the job....is to get rid of Jim Bollman, their offensive line has been average at best with top high school talent, and yes talent from the south, since he has been there...And also Braxton Miller may have made some bad decisions in that game, but dont get used to it..That team up north will be lucky to beat him agin....Oh and JerzeyReign has Hoke ever said why he refers to THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY as Ohio...just wondering...

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Not sure but putting 'The' in front of your school name doesn't make it any more important than just calling it Ohio. In fact, why do you guys spell it T-H-E but pronounce it T-H-E-E? ;)

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I am not even going to start on Urban "deceiving / lying" Meyer...

16. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

hahaha i have no idea... I just started calling it that when the ex-osu players would call it "The Ohio State University " on monday night football all the time, when they used to introduce themselves...than noticed people calling it that online

• Like Like x 1
  17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thats keepin' it real