Bengals / Chargers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RynoAid, Aug 27, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Bengals / Chargers

Bengals Trade

Chad Ochocinco WR
    Nedu Ndukwe SS

Chargers Trade

Ladainian Tomlinson RB
    Clinton Hart SS

I vote HELL no... it's way to early in the game for earth shattering franchise players to be dealt. Let a season go by, if your a solid owner for a season... maybe we would have more leeway here...

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I look at this trade this way. This past offseason the Chargers were thinking about trading LT. The Chargers still have Sproles who is younger and a dynamic RB. They get a #1 WR. The Bengals get a much needed superstar RB. I think I would have liked this trade more if the Chargers included a WR in return instead of swapping the Safeties. For now I'm fine with the trade but it's def going to be debated heavily.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

but what makes you think EITHER one of these guys is going to make it a full season here? And then we are stuck with trying to fill a team in the first season that has NO representation of it's real self.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Well I know in the game Tomlinson doesnt play that great but Sproles is real quick and bounces off of a lot of tackles. I think mazz will stick around and as for the Bengals guy, well they are the Bengals.

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    If that is the reasoning then all major trades like this would be questionable. There's no guarantee a lot of guys will stick around. The trade is not outrageous, it fits needs for both teams.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'l probably have to agree with this, I think in real life the Bengals would jump at this trade and the Chargers would think long and hard about it. I wait to see what the other guys say before I make my final decision.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

bingo, i think that is my point exactly... i think we should really scrutinize these type of trades year 1.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i mean, we might as well have had a fantasy draft...

9. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

I dont like the trade either to be honest. Sproles in an avg back LT may be crusty in real life but in this game is still awesome. And we do have to factor in owners leaving. Look at Pryor as an example. Can you imagine if he pulled that trade off with Cole than quit. For the 1st year I am going to be real conservative about the superstar guys that are traded, becasue franly I want to see who sticks around and is in this for the long haul. (If Charger quy quits potential new owner of Chargers sess 94 Hb gone no LT but 89 ovr WR, I would be bummed) That is just my view on it though. I am a no vote

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

*disclaimer

Obviously am not on the committee. I have access to the forum so i'm just making a quick point but I can keep it to myself if preferred, please don't hesitate to ask me....

-----------------------------------------------------

-Big thing to keep in mind is the Chargers receiving corps is pretty underrated in this game. Even a guy like Malcolm Floyd (Chargers 3rd guy) are pretty much impossible to cover 1-on-1 in real life, but are very pedestrian players in this game. There's only one ball in San Diego, unfortunately, and the only offensive skill players that are accurately rated are Gates and Sproles. Tomlinson is rated too high, and all the WR are rated too low. If I were the chargers I'd want a legit receiver too.

This is gonna be a big precedent setter, I've got my popcorn :)

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Like Helli, not in the committee, just making a point.

LT, while in real life might have lost a step, is a top 5 ovr RB in this game I believe

Ochocinco is not a top 5 ovr WR

I have no idea what the safeties are rated. But I would think an LT would/should go for a better WR than Chad Johnson. If it was to NE for Moss, it would seem more realistic to me. Again, just me.

12. totalwreckage

its understandable to want a better reciever but I dont beleive Chad Ochocino is the value that fall in line with tomlinson. LT may be overrated in the game but he is still rated extremely high especially since Madden producers lowered the Overalls. I dont beleive the value at WR is as high as the value at RB either. ocho is a solid player LT is a great one

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I agree with all this, although I'm not sure - isn't COC a lot younger than LT? Theoretically Chargers would have a good COC for several years, LT would be done in a couple....

14. totalwreckage

hes actually a year older than LT lol ( i was surprised by this myself I thought he was younger too. On the website he is listed at 32 and Lt is 31..In the game they are both a year younger)

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I vote no on this trade.

1. If it was an offseason trade I would be more willing. By then we will have a good idea of who is a solid coach / GM.

2. IMO, if you look at the dynamic both would add to their new team, LT is of much higher value to the Bengals than Chad Ochocinco (I hate typing that) is to the Chargers. I think IRL there is NO way this would happen unless the Bengals through in at LEAST a 2nd round pick, which are valued much higher IRL than here.

3. I thought the Hester trade was bogus, and this is worse.

4. IRL the only reason this would be CLOSE to possible is due to the typically huge drop off in performance for runningbacks over 30 (See Shaun Alexander). We have no idea how that will play out in Madden.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I approve the trade considering that the Chargers have a Sproles who is not as highly rated as LT but just as effective within the game. He also adds a top notch receiver to go with Rivers and Gates. I think that the Bengals are the ones who actually made the bad trade since they could have probably gotten two starters for one with a different team.