BerkleyChronicles.net

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by xXPHACTR, Aug 3, 2010.

1. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

BerkleyChronicles.net

[​IMG]

2. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Week 1
    Fresno State - 0
    Cal - 38

The defense came to play in week 1. The Bears defense gave up 98 total yards of offense to Fresno State. The Cal offense racked up 490 yards of total offense. The game plan was to come out conservative to feel out the sliders. Then pass off the run game if I could get it going. Shane Vereen had a great game rushing 20 times for 165 yards and 3 TD's. Kevin Riley added some big plays in the passing game to compliment the running game. Most of the big plays in the passing game were on play actions that had the entire Fresno State defense flying up to stop the run. DJ Holt lead the team with 5 tackles 4 of those being solo. No sacks for the defense and only 1 INT so we will look to up those numbers in week 2 against Colorado State.

3. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

In the locker room after the game Norwalk, California product Chris Smith gave his pledge to the Cal Bears. Smith is a 6'3 240 lbs OLB rated as the 9th best OLB in the country. Smith is a top 100 player in the ESPNU 150.

4. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Week 2

Colorado State - 14
    Cal - 35

This game was tougher than the final score indicates. Colorado State had a really good run game going early on and seemed to hit every single pass. I was able to open up a touchdown lead. They then went into full passing mode which was a bad, bad idea. I think my DE King had 3 or 4 sacks in the last couple minutes of the game. One setup a TD to make it a two score game. Then they turned it over again inside the 5 to totally put the icing on the cake.

Vereen had a monster game over 200 yards. My recruiting board had to be totally done after we failed to make the list on any of our targets. Hopefully this new group will be interested in Cal.

5. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Week 3

Don't know what to say about this game really.

EDITED FOR FORUM SAFETY
    WATCH YOUR STEP

(y)

BK was here

6. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

What rules and regulations and I am not a kid. It was a great game came down to a clutch play in OT. Great game!!!

7. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Just saw the outcome on the online dynasty website. That had to be a tough loss to swallow.

8. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Week 4
    Cal 24
    Arizona 21

This was a game of missed chances and making some big plays to pull out a victory. The defense played amazing for stretches and head scratching during others. Kevin Riley had a rather poor game overall. He was constantly a second slow on getting his passes out which could have resulted in huge plays for the offense. Shane Vereen was contained for the most part rushing for only 74 yards on 17 attempts and 1 TD. Marvin Jones was the leading WR this game with 5 REC for 68 yards and 2 TD. Jeremy Ross caught a 61 yard pass with little time left in the 4th to setup the game winning FG. Trevor Guyton and Kendrick Payne were monsters on the defensive line account for 4 sacks, 9 tackles and 1 fumble recovery.

Luckily we have a bye week in week 5. We need to get more consistent on offense and work on our run blocking. We have 0-3 UCLA in for a big recruiting weekend in Berkley week 6. Then it's a huge game against USC.

9. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Week 6

UCLA 10
    Cal 35

This was another lackluster effort by our offensive line. I really don't know what the deal with it. But Shane Vereen rushed 23 times for 68 yards 2.9 yards per carry against UCLA. The defense seemed to know the exact run I was going to run before I snapped the ball every play. Luckily they couldn't contain the passing game and Kevin Riley passed for over 250 yards and 3 TD. Jeremy Ross had 130 yards and 1 TD.

We had 6 recruits in this week for visits. All but one I was in second place for them so hopefully I jumped into a commanding lead or even got commits from them.

The team will need to find a run game if we expect to compete with USC next week or it could get really ugly.

10. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Cal - 35
    USC 24

This was a game I really had no business in with the way it started. USC just came out and pushed me around like a jv pop warner team. They get out to a 17-0 first half lead totally destroying my OL and DL. I come out in the 2nd half and hook up on a 77 yard TD pass from Kevin Riley to Marvin Jones on the first play to make it 17-7. USC came up with a quick answer to make it 24-7. You would think I would be toast at this point but I answer back on a Kevin Riley to Spencer Hagan 21 yard TD pass. The 4th quarter was all Cal and Covaughn DeBoskie. In the middle of two Covaughn DeBoskie rushing touchdowns Kevin Riley hooked up with Tevin Carter on a 66 yard strike. I still can't believe I scored 35 second half points to beat USC after the way they destroyed me in the first half. This will go down as one of the great wins in Cal Football history! Kevin Riley gets the game ball in this one. Riley passed for 367 yards and 3 touchdowns.

On a a sour note we lost Shane Vereen for 5 weeks with a dislocated elbow and Jeremy Ross for 3 weeks with a MCL Sprain. Vereen will have 1 week to get ready for our showdown against Washington. Hopefully he is ready to roll against the Huskies.

11. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Arizona State 3
    Cal 34

This was one of my better wins of the season. We had the passing game going the rushing attack was getting good yards and the defense was forcing turnovers. The first quarter was rather slow with two fields by my team to take a 6-0 lead into the 2nd. Arizona State drove down inside my 15 yard line. On 3rd down I think they blew the play and the QB was scrambling for his life. One of my defensive linemen nails him from behind forcing the fumble which is picked up and returned for a TD. This opened up the scoring as we put up 24 points in the 2nd quarter. Kevin Riley passed for 219 yards and 2 TD 0 INT. Covaughn DeBoskie rushed for 108 yards. Tevin Carter continued his emergence in the offense with 4 REC for 89 yards and 1 TD. Marvin Jones added 3 REC for 45 yards and 1 TD.

Next week we travel to play 1-5 Oregon State. The recruiting front is looking rather bleak at this point. We might get a few more commits this season but we will be lucky to top 10 commitments at this point. Hopefully our strong season this year will garner more interest from recruits next year.

12. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Cal 35
    Oregon State 25

Wow this one was a nail biter! It was rainy,cold and windy in Oregon. My team came out like it was still in the locker room. Before I knew it I was down 10-0 and they were gashing me on almost every single run play. I couldn't get anything going on the ground so I had to turn to the passing game early and often in this one. Kevin Riley had a huge game passing for 373 yards 2 TD and 0 INT. Tevin Carter had 112 yards and Marvin Jones 115 yards receiving. Mike Mohamed had his best game of the year He had 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT and 1 forced fumble. Gabe King made the game clinching play when he sacked the Oregon State QB forcing him to fumble and DJ Holt picked it up for a easy touchdown. We wouldn't have gotten to that point if it wasn't for our Junior TE Anthony Miller. He made the catch of the year for the Cal Bears on a 4th down and long with less than a minute left in the game. He caught a tipped pass at knee level to keep the drive alive and a chance at a perfect season.

Next week should be a nice easy game at Washington State. We will try to get out early and rest up our player for our huge stretch run against Oregon, Stanford and Washington.

13. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Cal 38
    Washington State 3

This game wasn't as big of a blowout as expected, but it was a nice easy win. Kevin Riley had a good game passing 14-21 for 257 yards 3 TD 0 INT. Covaughn DeBoskie continued his solid yet unspectacular play in the absence of Vereen with 17 for 92 yards and 2 TD's. The defense was lead by Mike Mohamed, DJ Holt and Gabe King. DJ Holt had 7 tackles 1 sack and 1 FF. Mike Mohamed had 9 tackles and 1 INT. Gabe King had 5 tackles 2 sacks and 1 FR.

The next two games will go a long way to deciding the ultimate fate of the 2010 Cal Bears. If we can pull off these two wins at home against Oregon and Stanford we will be in perfect position for a perfect season with only Washington in our way. On the recruiting front we picked up our 4th verbal and second from Florida this week. We are trying to make a major move on two players hitting advisory help on both. One was highly recruited Blake Robinson from Florida. If we can steal him away from LSU it will be the icing on our mini cupcake. :)

14. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Oregon 20
    Cal 34

This one wasn't as close as the final score indicates. Oregon scored on the final play of the game after taking a timeout with one second left. Kind of bush league but i'll remember it and smear them even worse next year in Eugene.

Kevin Riley had another wonderful game passing the ball for 279 yards 3 TD's and 1 INT. Covaughn DeBoskie had a rough start against a talented defensive front. But in the end he was able to get his numbers 20 rushes for 121 yards and 1 TD. Anthony Miller lead the team with 5 receptions for 76 yards and 2 TD's. My other TE J Sparks had his best game of the year grabbing 4 for 53 yards.

The defense was amazing all game long. They shut down LaMichael James limiting him to 38 yards on 18 rushing attempts. RJ Mullins and DJ Holt lead the team with 6 solo tackles. Holt forced a fumble that was recovered by Chris Conte. The only thing I would like to see fixed up is being more aware on defense. We forced 3 fumbles and only could recover one of them. With how poorly the INT settings are for user we need to capitalize on the fumbles we force.

Recruiting front is sad and rainy my friends. Looks like we will finish the season with only four commits to the #2 team in the country 10-0. We had a 704 point week last week for Blake Robinson. Only being behind -1 I really thought he would commit to us. But I guess those soft commits are to much to overcome on this game. Maybe some kids in the off season will be interested in the Cal program.

15. ThePaw

Dear Cal,

Please lose.

Love, NC State.

16. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

LOL,

Couldn't we just hope for Ohio State to lose so we can play each other for the NC? Either way I have a tough user game against Washington looming. Can't count my eggs before they hatch. (y)

17. ThePaw

That sounds like a plan to me. Yeah, I have a game against a tough North Carolina squad and it looks like i'm going to have to play Cimmy in the ACC Championship Game, so I shouldn't be counting mine either haha.

18. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Stanford 10
    California 45

What a great win for the Cal Football team. We not only beat our instate rival but we got our 11th win of the season in the process. We have now filled all our key goals for the season. Beating Stanford, USC and finishing top 3 in the Pac 10. Now we can look forward to possibly winning the Pac 10 and a shot at the Rose Bowl or NC Game.

On the opening kickoff Stanford fumbled it and freshman SS Keenan Allen picked it up and returned it for the score. We got another gift deep in Stanford territory when DJ Holt forced a fumble. Kevin Riley had a great game going 18-25 for 295 yards 5 TD's. The run game was atrocious as Covaughn DeBoskie rushed 14 times for 16 yards! Marvin Joens and Anthony Miller lead the team with 5 REC each. Anthony Miller caught 2 TD, Michael Calvin, Alex Lagemann and Spencer Ladner all had 1 TD. DJ Holt was defensive player of the game with 6 tackles 5 solo 1 sack and 1 FF.

Next week is the game that will decide everything Washington @ Cal!!!!!!!! :)

19. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Washington 23
    California 28

Great game BT! I know neither coach was extremely happy with the overall play of the defenses today. The Cal defense made life hard on the Washington offense just enough to pull out the victory. The defense was able to hold Washington to 3 FG attempts in the red zone. We were always able to answer the scoring drives with some points keeping a extremely talented team at arms length. Both teams had some turnover troubles the key one being a pass to the HB that was called a fumble that Mike Mohamed picked up and ran in for a TD. Covaughn DeBoskie redeemed himself in a big way rushing 16 times for 150 yards and 2 TD's. No idea why Shane Vereen wasn't back for the game he should have been but I guess he's soft :D.

I would like to congradulate the Cal Football team on a Pac 10 Championship! We will be idle now until we play in our bowl game hopefully against Ohio State for the National Championship!

20. ThePaw

Good win man.

Are you sure if I win the ACC Championship Game that I won't jump your idle team?

21. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Why would you jump me I was over 100 point ahead of you before a win against a ranked Washington team. Dream on my friend. :p

22. ThePaw

Hmm, we'll have to see. If not I wish you the best of luck in your game.

23. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

2010 NCAA BCS National Champs California Golden Bears!!

California 28
    Ohio State 21

Wow what a game instant classic #1. The first quarter was mostly both teams feelings each other out. Ohio State kicked a FG with 1:25 left on the clock to take a 0-3 lead into the 2nd quarter. California got things rolling in the second quarter scoring through the air and on the ground. Covaughn DeBoskie got another start since Vereen has been milking this injury all season long. They said he would be back for the Washington game and this is 3 games plus conference championships since then and still no Vereen. With 5 seconds left in the first half Brandon Saine punched one in from 5 yards out to make it 14-10 at halftime.

Third quarter saw Covaughn DeBoskie destroy the Ohio State defense on the ground. He scored on a 48 yard run against a all out blitz. The OL did a great job picking it up and Marvin Jones came in to block the SS as Covaughn went untouched. Ohio State scored a FG to cut the lead to 21-13 going into the 4th quarter. With 2:36 seconds on the clock Brandon Saine punched one in and got the 2 point conversion to tie the game up. No problem this California team was well tested this year and bounced back. Kevin Riley hooked up with Jeremy Ross for a 40 yard TD against Thorpe Award Winner Jermaine Hines. The Ohio State offense took the ball with 1:01 on the clock and marched down the field to the 7 yard line. That's when the Cal defense stepped up and stuffed them on 3 straight plays. On 4th down and goal from the 7 yard line Ohio State put the ball in Toilet Papers hands. He drops back and looks at the Cal defense blanketing his WR's. He starts to panic and moves to the right. Lombardi Award winner Gabe King gets up and puts pressure on him and he moves to the left. Then two Cal defenders get free and smash Pryor as he lets go of the ball that dies at the goal line... Incomplete pass Cal takes over on downs!!!

Kevin Riley 12-23 309 yards 2 TD 1 INT
    Beau Sweeney 3-4 49 yards
    Covaughn DeBoskie 12 ATT 82 yards 2 TD
    Michael Calvin 4 REC 120 yards
    Tevin Carter 3 REC 44 yards
    Marvin Jones 3 REC 80 yards 1 TD
    Jeremy Ross 2 REC 75 yards 1 TD

Cameron Jordan 5 tackles 4 solo
    DJ Holt 3 tackles 3 solo 1 sack
    Gabe King 3 tackles 1 solo 1 sack

Video Highlights from the National Championship

[youtube]gK0jwEUeLjY[/youtube]