Best Buy fucking sucks

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I read somewhere that their profits have decreased so much that the store is in serious trouble. The service has always fucking sucked there, they seemingly prefer to staff the entire store with 20-somethings who have no influence over anything. If anybody is extremely bored, here is one great example of why I hope this fucking place goes the way of Circuit City (which I actually liked). A complaint letter from over a year ago....

-----------------------------

Using bestbuy.com and attempting to pick up two items at the store resulted in the most frustrating retail experience of my life.

I had a couple days off around the New Year and I wanted a certain game and a controller to be able to play it, since my other one recently stopped working. I decided to look on bestbuy.com and see if I could see where it was in stock. Both items were in stock at the Oceanside store, approximately 30 minutes from my house and about 10-15 minutes further from the nearest best buy store.

I ordered both products online, paying the bulk of it with two $50 gift cards, and immediately received an email saying not to come to the store; that they were verifying the store had these items. About 10 minutes later I received an email saying "your items (plural) are ready for pickup. After receiving this email I left for the store. Shortly after leaving a second email came saying one of the items could not be found and was not available, but of course I didn't get this one.

At the oceanside store there was a designated online pickup line which I entered. The employee seemed confused about the whole process and took at least 25 minutes to tell me that my item wasn't available. He told me that I could go pickup the item in San Marcos, because they had 7 of them. I signed for the item they did have. At this point, I had spent an hour trying to get my items between driving and waiting at the the store. I drove to San marcos.

At San Marcos I actually found the second item I wanted on the store floor. When I arrived at the pickup counter, they informed me that the employee at the first store had failed to actually transfer the fulfillment to their branch. I asked to speak to a store manager, and the person identifying herself as such appeared to be under 30 years old and couldn't help me. I showed her my item which was identical to what I'd ordered online and asked her to just fulfill it somehow. She couldn't help me. After a half hour of trying, they told me I had to cancel the order online. So I drove home. I tried to cancel the item online but it said the system wasn't working, so I called a customer service number.

The customer service person indicated that she could actually transfer fulfillment to San Marcos herself. This would have been nice to know in the store, and conceivably could have saved me a trip home. I drove back to San Marcos a couple hours later, already having spent almost 2 hours between the two stores.

Once I got to San Marcos for the second time, a handwritten sign indicated that online pickup was now joined with the customer service line, where there were about 15 people in front of me. Well over a half-hour wait later, I got to the front. I was informed that yes, fulfillment had been transferred, but the person had "no picked" the item again. Once again I produced the item myself from the store floor. Yet the person STILL could not help me, even though fulfillment had been transferred over. I explained that I had now spent close to three hours trying to procure these two items and it was to no avail; they couldn't help me. She suggested that I pay cash for the item, and cancel the item online, and then use my gift card for something else.

I told her that I preferred not to do it this way, and to please figure something out. What frustrates me about the situation is at no point did I meet an older, responsible person of any "influence" who could override the process. It seems that they have absolutely no control over anything and the first thing they do is throw their hands in the air. Also, explaining that I had been at this for hours produced blank stares; If it was me running a store I would see it as disastrous for my patrons to spend 3+ hours on a single purchase.

Finally, I purchased the additional item with cash and went home. I complained via the customer service number and was informed that they would cancel the item and put funds back on my card. I asked them to just pay me via a check since I didn't want to visit the store again. This request was ignored. I would prefer not to shop at Best Buy again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Gamestop sucks harder

3. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

funny i read this.. I seen this clip 2 years ago about a undercover sting where a engineer setup a perfectly running cpu and unplugged harddrive and sent it in to all the computer places in area to fix it.. only place that failed BESTBUY lol watch this clip

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I promised to smack the next idiot at Best Buy who tried to sell me anything. They hire morons and do not train them at all.

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I remember when they tried to get me to buy a $5 or $10 product replacement warranty on a $12 computer mic. I just laughed

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

7. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I went to GameStop once in a local mall...after making a purchase, one of the dudes asked me if I wanted to preorder something (can't remember the game). This guy literally spent about 10-15 minutes ALONE trying to convince me to preorder it, while the other guy behind the register found it funny. Mind you, he also had a customer or 3 in that timeframe. This dude actually ends up just processing a preorder without my consent (I think I had leftover credit from buying something, didn't give him any money), and I'm pretty sure he "forced" me to sign so complete it. Thing was, I'm pretty sure I said I was gonna come back and do it another day/time, but he kept forcing the issue.

Now, I realized I got duped when I got out of the store, but being that I may have been 14 or 15 at the time, plus I was naturally a shy guy instead of speaking out all the time (and still am to an extent), I didn't say anything because I didn't know what would happen. But that was so disgusting to me man...

Some Gamestops are ok. It really depends on the people who work there.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

damn, i need to run into more 14 or 15 year old agentsmith's.

• Like Like x 3