Best college bball game for PS3?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by BigSmooth33, May 3, 2011.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm interested in buying one of the old ones, and I've noticed a lot of guys seem to bring up College Basketball 2K8...

Is this this popular consensus for the best game?

What about NCAA March Madness '10? '09?

How many teams are available and how's recruiting?

Looking for recommendations...

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

College Hoops 2K8 is the way to go, just for the Career Mode alone. 2K's recruiting shits all over EA's when it comes to college b-ball

And 2K8 has like 318 teams or something like that, all D-1 teams up until 2008. I'm sure EA has the same in their game

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

CH2k8 is head and shoulders above anything EA has ever produced in college basketball.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Yup....there's a reason you'll see college hoop fans rejoice in the streets once 2K announces another CH2K game (if ever, *fingers crossed*)

5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

If only there was an online dynasty feature. Id love to see a college basketball or baseball game with that. Ive never played 2k but I do have ncaa bball 10 and I liked it. Never played a career on it though.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I have both and I actually prefer EA sports NCAA Bball 10.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I've looked into this a few times, and I have 2k.. but from what I've seen if you really care about the graphics and presentation go with EA-- if you are aiming for the core dynasty structure and what not.. 2k def.

8. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I also have EA Ncaa BB 10 and CH 2k7 & 2k8. Love them all, but i prefer the 2K series for fact of better setup in the offline dynasty. plus on 2k8 the 2k servers are still active and Users still produce a roster for the coming season. Love the 2k share feature. A Major plus in my Book. in the matter of Gameplay and Flow then i feel most people will go with the EA version. Good but not great. But liked the ESPN & Cbs add in for that version before EA scrapped the series all together.