Best College Football Game You Have Been To?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by RadarRider, Jun 6, 2011.

1. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

With NCAA Nearly a month away, I figured I would ask people what was the best game they'd been too. Tell us everything: the tailgate, the atmosphere, the events in the game, etc.

2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

For me it was the 97 Ohio State/Michigan game...

I was in 8th or 9th grade at the time and tail gating wasn't a big deal at the time, however the game was everything...

On our way in, my buddy got spit on by some miserable O$U hag. She was at least 40, and wasted... Pretty embarrassing stuff for the $uckeyes... but anyhow, the game was EPIC.

David Boston and Charles Woodson duked it out within minutes of the game kicking off, or the Woodson punt return...

Swear it was the loudest Michigan Stadium has ever been. We were all given Maize/Blue pom pom things and everyone waved them nonstop so looking around the stadium was awesome.

After the game, my buddy and I just stood there for about 15-20 minutes after everyone rushed the field just to soak it all in. To date, that is still the best sport experience I've ever had.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

There is always one game I remember when I was in college, it was the 97' UCLA v. WSU game. As for tailgating, there wasn't much tailgating because well the seating was first come first serve in the student section. It was hot summer day, and it was one of those classic high scoring PAC-10 contests featuring QBs Ryan Leaf and Cade McNown. What I will always remember from this game is not so much anything a single Cougar did, but what UCLA's HB Skip Hicks did. The guy was truly amazing that day, he literally ran over the Cougs, if you were to ask me he rushed for over 200 yards without looking up the official stats. It was probably the best rushing performance I had ever seen in person. However, when the game mattered, WSU up four with UCLA on the Cougar goal line with seconds remaining, Skip Hicks took himself out on 4th and Goal. WSU stuffed the run play at the goal line, and would win the game.

Prior to that season, it had been 67 years without the Cougs playing in the Rose Bowl, but this one game launched a magical season that ended with the Cougs winning the conference and playing in the Rose Bowl. UCLA would dominate that season and would finish second in the conference, how was anyone to know that day, that one play would decide so much. In addition, @recchem2000 why did Skip Hicks leave the game on that crucial play?

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    97 Ohio State/Michigan, my mom got wasted and spit on some dumb Michigan fan.

It was awesome.

• Like Like x 5
  5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Yeah, not so much... It was a pretty low-life thing to do, but hey, whatever you trolls in Ohio enjoy is fine by me.

6. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

For me it was the 315 Game of 81. I was 9 at the time and me and my dad were able to get some rare tickets for the game. We sat on the Bama side(which back when Bear was coaching was always the visitor side). It was a great game and great atmosphere. tailgating was off the Hook. (Course it got better when I could be old enough to drink). It was fun hanging out with my friends Bama & Auburn friends a friendship that continues to this day. It was fun after the Game was over and my dad leaned over to me and said "We just winessed History Today" Course I didn't get it til I was a bit older. As i look back at the game on DVD, I'm glad to have been There to see a great game and to see a record go down.

RTR!!

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Man, lighten up.

8. bamagrad

I've been to a few Mich-Osu games and Just don't see how spitting on someone proves a point. Shows that u Have No-Class in my Book. If u need to spit at or into something take up Tobacco Chewing. least u have a can or cup to Spit into.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You guys must be dense.

#2 post he said some old hag spit on his buddy, so I was pretending like my mom was the old hag. She's dead and she got the joke.

• Like Like x 4
  10. bamagrad

Not dense Shaun, I've seen it Happen when i attended the 95 game.

@Shaun Mason

Good Joke though.

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I understood the joke... It was funny. No need to go further... Nothing to see here. I appreciate the humor and I was shedding light on the more unfortunate memory of great game.

12. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Suggest: Read what the Thread Title says, and post about that :D There is no reason for us to fight, or spit...unless you are at a Mich-OSU game

• Like Like x 2
  13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2007 #1 LSU @ Kentucky
    Cats Win 43-37 in OT
    Fans at Commonwealth Stadium stormed the field, in a scene reminiscent of 2002, the last time these teams played in Lexington. Only that time, it was a false alarm because LSU's Devery Henderson scored on a 75-yard tipped pass as time expired in what is still known in Baton Rouge as the "Bluegrass Miracle."

Also attended that "Bluegrass Miracle" game.

2006 #5 Louisville hosted #3 West Virginia
    Cards win 44-34, West Virginia quarterback Pat White ran for 125 yards and four touchdowns and added 222 yards through the air. But he couldn't overcome three WVU turnovers and a relentless Louisville offense that racked up 468 total yards and kept the Mountaineers on their heels all night. Heisman Trophy hopeful Steve Slaton ran for 156 yards and a touchdown for West Virginia, but fumbled on consecutive snaps in the third quarter -- apparently bothered by weakness in his left arm.
    ---- Remember this game and Steve Slaton for being a pussy

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Boise St/Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl (the statue of liberty one)

I don't remember much, me and my roommates were already wasted before the game started.

15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Don't know who they were playing but when I went to see the Delaware Blue Hens play. I was about 6 and I thought I was really watching the Wolverines, happiest day in my life. I still root for Delaware because of that day.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

That's kind of awesome.

18. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

I went to the 2008 Nebraska/Colorado game where Alex Henery nailed a 57 yard field goal to give us the lead, then Ndamukong Suh got an interception and ran over Cody Hawkins on his way to the endzone to send us to the Gator Bowl, which felt really accomplishing after still having the bad taste of the Callahan era. Other than that I went the 300th consecutive sellout for the Huskers, which was exciting to see them wear throwback jerseys, but the score ended up being 55-0 Nebraska, so the game itself wasn't very exciting besides the atmosphere.

19. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

1998, Home team university of Tennessee away team Florida. Top 5 programs face in a battle what seemed at the time to be the game to determine the SEC champion.

Vols win in OT, the crowd storms the field, and the goal post is tore down. Home crowd ends up draging the goal post down the main drag on campus. Person who is caught with ESPNs goalpost cameras charged with felony theft. UT ends up with the National Championship.

I was there. Only time ive ever been on the field level and prob the last time. Every time i think about it i get goose bumbs
    [​IMG]

20. mrmiller84

mrmiller84 Walk On

The best college game I have been to was not an actual game, but a series of games. I had the privilege of watching Steve McNair play in college against Jackson State every year he was at Alcorn and during his Heisman campaign. The man was amazing. He was a fearless competitor in the NFL, but he was a giant amongst men in college.

21. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

The best college football game I've been to was hands down the '05 #16 Fresno State @ #1 USC game. Not sure how many of you saw it considering it kicked off at 730 PT on Fox Sports. Fresno State was at the peak of Pat Hill's anyone,anywhere,anytime campaign and after calling them out, got the granddaddy of all opponents- #1 USC. The Bulldogs entered the game ranked 16th on a 7 game winning streak and was coming off their first conference win over Boise State. Fresno State's red wave invaded the coliseum with around 20 thousand fans, filling the entire end zone as well as the opposite corners of the stadium. The 'Dogs dominated the first half and took a 21-13 lead at the break. Those USC fans were shocked big time, you could hear a pin drop in the stadium. USC opened with 21 unanswered, but Fresno State rallied back and took a 42-41 lead late in the 4th. The Trojans ended up winning the game, (thanks to 513 AP yards from Reggie Bush and 5 Bulldog turnovers) but it was still the best game I've seen, between all the momentum shifts and one of the greatest single performances ever by Bush.

Here's some video, its part 1 of 3. I won't clutter the page with all 3 vids.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I can watch Suh trampling Hawking time and time again.. and that Henery kick was aboslutely incredible.

I have a couple friends that went to the 300th game as well.

• Like Like x 1
  23. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

I've been going to every UH football game since I started attending games in 1999. But I think the best college game I have been to was definitely during the 2007 undefeated campaign. The last game of the regular season against Washington. It was a huge game for the Warriors, and clinched the BCS berth. If only they didn't get so humiliated in the Sugar Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  24. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I dont have a ton of games under my belt llike most of you lol. Went to my first college football game last year in Tallahassee for a huge rivalry game Florida State vs Clemson for a night game and it was absolutely electric and ended on a 55 yard GW FG by Hopkins.

needless to say i will be going to several more games this year. Go Noles! sorry @TEClemson53

25. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

haha it's okay Pepper. Clemson should've put that game away early and they didn't. As a Tiger fan for so long, it's pretty easy to know when they are going to lose as I've watched it numerous times over and over and I knew midway through the 4th they weren't going to win that one. :)