Best Damn League. Period- Playoff Edition

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by PAgamer07, Jan 7, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

Welcome to the 2012/2013 TMFL Playoff Edition of the Best Damn League. Period. We are going to take a whirlwhind look at the playoffs, and we will each pick our Superbowl Champions and of course the teams who don't stand a chance. Due to the quick turn around on today's show, Matt Wood was unavailable for this episode. My apologies.

Our Panel of Experts:

Matt Keller, Buffalo Rumblings
    Shaun Mason, WaitingForNextYear.com
    Matt Wood, Stampede Blue
    Michael Timpe, The Arch Rival
    Daniel Finch, Seattle Trollies
    Jesse Rockwell (Host), The Black and Yellow Beat

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    JR- Every year it seems like a team from the wildcard round makes the Superbowl. Which of our teams playing this first weekend do you like to make it?

MK- Cowboys for sure are a threat. Giants as well. The only team I'm not taking seriously are the Cardinals, and thats just because they have a new coach, which is unprecedented.

JR- Haha. totally agree about the cardinals situation. I agree with you that I really like NY and Dallas. Also don't sleep on that Dolphins team. They played very well this year, and their coach is one of the best in the game.

MT- Definitely the Cowboys. Coach Saw just plays the type of game that translates well to the playoffs. I think the Lions upset the Giants as well. Hovas been running the ball well, and with CJ on the outside, I expect that to continue since the defense can't really afford to load the box.

JR- Come on now... Detroit? Didnt we all agree they were completely overrated?

MT- We sure did. But even a blind squirrel finds a nut.I think Hova finds his nut this year.

SM- I don't know if sawemoff will have his heart in it, since he is retiring at the end of the playoffs. I think the Giants have the most potential to make a run. They started off terribly but got hot late

DF- I think the best wildcard teams would have to be Giants in NFC and Texans in AFC. Giants have history of good playoff runs as where the Texans coach does not, nor can he beat Baron at anything .... according to Baron

MK- No one can beat Baron at anything according to Baron. I'm sure he's still baffled how he hasn't won a ring yet.

SM- He ran into Josh

MK- I beat both Baron and Josh in the regular season that year. Baron and I dc'd in our playoff game, the simulation gave him the win.

Guess I'm still licking my wounds on that one.

SM- Should have manned up and played.

[​IMG][​IMG]

JR- Of the teams with a bye this week, whose chances do you like the least of making the Superbowl?

SM- The Bears. They will run into someone who can play defense and shut them down.

MK- Bears for me as well. New England, KC and the Saints are all very strong. Very strong. Either everyone has overlooked the Bears or they have quietly had a really nice season.

DF- Bears have least chance IMO , they do not seem to play great defense and they will run into a game where they get some bad breaks and be able to overcome them

MT- Bears for me. He's going to run into a good opponent coming out of the wild card, and that'll make things tough right away. Also, one of his few (3?) losses was to the Rams. That can't be a good sign.

JR- I have to go with KC. The Steelers destroyed them, and word from an unnamed source claims they were "very beatable".

Seems like the Bears are the consensus pick here. I love Forte and how well they ran the ball this year, but is that going to work in the playoffs?

Alright then... Let's hear your Superbowl matchup, winner and MVP guys.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

MK- Saints and New England for me with the Saints taking home the W in a shootout. MVP Drew Brees.

SM- Giants vs New England with NE winning. Gronk for MVP.

JR- Giants vs Patriots. Both defenses are fantastic and in terms of points allowed, the Giants are #1. That's enough to get them there. Patriots have been on cruise control all year. Giants return to glory and Eli notches another MVP.

MT- Patriots vs Cowboys. As I mentioned before I think the Cowboys will grind out some wins, and make a run. The Patriots have just been almost unstoppable this year, and I don't see that stopping in the playoffs. As for the outcome, I'm going with the Patriots 24-21. Dallas will hang tight and lead 21-17 until about 5 minutes left in the 4th when Brady and Gronk put together a drive capped off by a short Ridley run. The Patriots D holds Romo in check on the 2 minute drill for the win. Super Bowl MVP will be Brady. The Pats just have too many options to spread the ball to, so the guy slinging the rock will win it.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 12
  2. PAgamer07

3. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Excellent job as usual guys. Always enjoy reading this when y'all post it.

5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Nice job guys....

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Excellent job guys! Even though I have struggled late in the season and this will be my last stand I will give everything I got. With the game HovaTheGodMC and I had last time it wouldn't surprise me if he gets his revenge.

7. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Great work guys!

I thought I had the #1 scoring defense unless the Panthers put up an insane amount of points in the last week sim.

8. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Great stuff guys! However...

Keller : Nah. I know exactly how I haven't. Lost a sim to Bawvu97 in the AFC title game, (but probably wouldn't have beaten Peench in the SB anyway). Season after that I lost against Philstyle's stick skills and Pats in Foxboro on a game that went down to the wire.

Care to mention how, in that game, I was up by 7 in the 4th, and had just gotten a stop when the game dc'd? No? Ok, I'll do it for you to aid in the healing of your "wounds".

As I'm sure even the Steelers know, everyone has an off game. :p

As to everyone picking the Pats to represent the AFC... hard to argue with that.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PAgamer07

Oops... Guess I missed the memo that LSU Truth was not going to be able to coach his team. Looks like the Texans got an easy win.

10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

He mentioned it numerous times ;) ...... you're slipping old man, you're slipping...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

You just keep on looking ahead to the Patriots.

12. Cheez

lost JJ Watt in the process though :(

13. Baron

Pats are my pick against the field, brah. But you just keep on trying to summon imaginary chips to place on your dainty, feminine shoulders.

14. Cheez

Even you don't believe in Kansas City.

15. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

If Cheez somehow upset Baron it would be the greatest TMFL story ever.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Baron

Karma does seem to be on his side. Here's to hoping TMFL doesn't turn into the Karate Kid.

17. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cheez

19. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Where are the playoff game summaries? I had to jump in game to see how things are playing out.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    This.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Off topic but I can't determine if your avatar looks more like Ron Jeremy or Saddam Hussein

22. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahid_Khan

Yeah, somewhere between those two haha.

23. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

• Like Like x 1
  24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

25. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

[​IMG]