Best Division in the TMFL Poll

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by rushers24, Feb 5, 2011.

?

What is the overall best and toughest division in the TMFL this season?

1. AFC East - Bills (Keller), Dolphins (Stryder), Jets (XxTriX R4Bb1TxX)

6.3%
  2. AFC North - Browns (kdpnutter), Ravens (fuzzylogic), Steelers (Taken)

6.3%
  3. AFC South - Jaguars (Papa Perry), Titans (Giantsrool36), Texans (ZCar352)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AFC West - Chiefs (Subkontraktor), Broncos (hitchhiker), Raiders (JoHud)

31.3%
  5. NFC East - Cowboys (RusH), Eagles (Betz you Up), Giants (Brett Hart sucks)

31.3%
  6. NFC North - Lions (CAPP34 xSOGx), Packers (CWT 3000), Vikings (Jmustang1968)

12.5%
  7. NFC South - Falcons (Capparelli), Panthers (TEClemson53)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. NFC West - Cardinals (Sibellius), 49ers (Benjamin186), Rams (MIZ Nighthawk), Seahawks (Churnobyl)

12.5%
  1. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

There are alot of good divisions this year. Me and Keller came up with our top divisions during our last podcast, but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks. There's only 1 division that only has two owners, which is the NFC South. Every other has at least 3 with the NFC West being our only full division with 4 owners.

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I really see a tough division in the NFC West, but also see the AFC West as an ultra competitive division. Each division has it's strong suits and can be dominate. I am going to have to go with the AFC North as the second toughest division and here is why.

It has been known as the black and blue division for years and years, with the Ravens and Steelers LB's as well as RB's and offensive lines beating on each other for weeks and weeks and weeks. With the additions the Browns made at LB and the hard hitting ability of their two safeties which the Ravens and Steelers have had with Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu it is going to be a hard hitting in your face division and each week going to be a battle just to try and keep everyone on the field healthy. DeMond Cooper, Kierre Roberson and Perry Riley are 3 up and coming hard hitting fast LB's and the addition of Brian Orakpo is going to be one that could pay major dividends to the Browns defense. Ray Lewis is still there at MLB for Baltimore and Terrell Suggs is still rushing from the outside. For Pittsburgh, Jerome Harrison is still there, Lamar Woodley and James Farrior, so it's like a murder's row of LB core in the AFC North. Even the CPU Bengals, just took Durst in the first round to take the MLB spot, also with Bart Scott on the roster, Ray Malaluga on the outside and Jonathan Joseph and Hall at the CB's they will be a tough defense, and Ochocinco over under for fines this year from Commissioner Keller is 35,000.

As for the toughest division, AFC West.

AFC West sports some great talent across the board, with the Speed of the Raiders WR's and the play of Vince Young and the young TE for the Broncos there offense seem to come up with the big plays when needed. The Chiefs came out of the draft with the fastest WR in the group but the question remains, he is small so will that speed pay off during the big hits he might have to take. Each division game is going to be a barn burner and slobber knocker (had to throw the Jim Ross line in there) if VY plays like he did last year look for this to be a seriously ultra competitive division and one you need to hope you don't see a lot of, or like the AFC North, that they beat on each other enough to wear down those guys or get a few key injuries to help opponents out.

3. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Bret Hart sucks lol....nice

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

AFC West. Looks like everyone is tooting their own horn it seems.

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I didn't toot my own divisions horn, I voted for the AFC West. I simply stated I think you'll probably see more injuries out of the AFC North than any other division simply due to the bruising defenses they are touting.

6. score23

score23 Walk On

i just hope we can get more owners on board to make it even more interesting...

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Just think where we have come from so far, I actually like where we are, it would be good to have 3 owners in every division. So like one more for the NFC South would be good.

8. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Haha, yeah it does seem like everyone is tooting their own horn- including me. As far as straight up skill I don't know that the NFC West is the best (although there are some young, talented quarterbacks in this division). But my main reasoning is that all 4 teams are user controlled. That is going to make for a heck of a year. I think I only have 2 games against a CPU the entire year... There is no telling who is going to take this division.

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I just know a quarter of the AFC South sucks and that's all for now...

10. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Its tough you got 2 teams (Lions and Packers) that made the playoffs in the North and also 2 teams from the NFC east (Cowboys and Eagles) and 2 teams from the AFC East ( Bills and Dolphins). Then on top of that we have 24 users so its gonna be real intense and competitive this year. But at the only end of the day Im gonna go with the NFC east for one reason only and that's because Rush beat me TWICE and knocked me out the playoffs.

11. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

I think having 24 owners in February is great. I'm hoping most stick it out til August. If that happens, we got a great shot at 32 for Madden '12.

I do really like the quality though. Hopefully we can add some more quality, but even if we get some weak owners I don't think it can hurt our solid league too much.

I did toot our own horn in the AFC West, but NFC West does have an argument. Having 4 users will make it very interesting.

12. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

afc south will surprise a lot of people

13. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Now after the smoke has cleared a bit it seems that the NFC North and AFC west are the best divisions. We still have a few user left so a lot can still change in the coming weeks.

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I'm actually going to disagree with you capp but only slights. I will agree with the NFC North at the moment but do not count out the NFC East yet as Rush and Xlence are both formidable teams and playing very well. As for the AFC West I will agree for now only pending the results of the games between the Chiefs and Ravens and Ravens and Raiders as the AFC North "black and blue division" is definitely living up to it putting people on the shelf in just about every game we play and really beating on teams. I finished 2-1 vs the AFC West and right now I will leave ours at a very close second pending the results of those games. Between Fuzzy and myself we have lost to the Broncos by a combined 11 points. So I will give us a close second depending on the results of the Ravens games but either way I still put us at almost a 1 and 1a right now in the AFC and of course let's not forget Keller who is playing great ball this year and I see a turn around happening with the Dolphins the last few weeks and could be a heart breaker for a lot of teams.

I'll have to revisit this thread as the season draws nearer to a close.