Best game so far this season...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Anthrax78, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Aug 7, 2012
    If anyone wants to post their best game so far this season feel free...I am going to share mine...

Week 3 Broncos vs Texans

I went into this game taking it way too light, @QJB was 0-2 and I was 2-0 so I felt pretty good about it (I should of known better!)

Needless to say it was 14-10 in the 3rd quarter and it was a defensive struggle for most of the game. QJB got a lot of pressure on me and forced 3 turnovers in the end. What was the difference was the running game. I had to honor his running game and passing game. Eventually I broke one of my cardinal sins in Madden and start gambling too much with plays and defense and sure enough he broke it open big time. I was down nearly twenty and then ran my desperation offense and starting moving the ball consistently for the first time during the whole game. I completed a 60 yard pass to my TE in the end zone for a TD, tried an onside kick, failed. QJB broke another run out for a TD. So I am down 2 scores at this point and drive down the field again for another TD, tried onsides, failed. QJB scores again, at this point it's officially over except for pride. I get the ball with 24 seconds left and down 2 scores and playing for pride only. I completed a hail mary pass to D Thomas but was stopped at the 3 yard line.

All the scoring happened in the last 4-5 min of the game simply because I started to get desperate. QJB controlled the game with a balanced attack and deserves a lot of credit for his win. After the game I did a lot of what if's but all in all it was the best game for me because it was a snoozer until the last 4 min then it got absolutely insane for the last 4. I lost, but it was a learning lesson (even for a 34 year old Madden player who's been playing the game for 15 plus years). The lesson was...never take anyone lightly!
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 2