Best Game You Have Ever Seen

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Mike E, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Best Game You Have Ever Seen

Im watchin Big Ten Network and they just showed the 2003 Ohio State vs. NC State 3ot game. It got me thinking, what is the best college football game you can remember seeing?

Maybe not that the stakes were the highest, but just a damn good game.

The Vince Young Ohio State game comes to mind. Also, a few years back LSU played at Auburn and won something like 9-6, i dunno, JaMarcus Russell played that year. Matbe Auburn won. Either way, I remember being so fired up after the game at the defensive play. Some of the best defense i can ever remember seeing.

Just bored I guess, but what were some of the best games you remember?

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

The Texas A&M - Oklahoma game back in 2002, where Freshman Reggie McNeal was unleashed for the Aggies..

Oklahoma was ranked #1 at the time, and A&M had been struggling offensively with Mark Farris and Dustin Long running at QB. McNeal came into the game early in the 2nd Quarter and ended up throwing for 350+ yards and 4 TDs... Final score was Texas A&M: 30 - Oklahoma: 26

A&M ended up losing their last two games that season, but the win was something for the books..

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

OCT 2000 Miami vs FSU in miami
    wow what a game my wife and I went to the game. ESPN gameday was at the game the atmosphere was electric . Jeremy Shockey caught a TD to put miami up in the 4th. Weinke drove FSU down the field and they missed the FG. Great game I remember my emotions were peaks and valleys all game. We went to the game with 2 FSU grads who had Bobby Bowden at their wedding. Needless to say it was a sweet drive home to Orlando!!!!!!

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Got to be the National Championship Texas vs. USC. 4th and 5 for everything

everyone saw that though, so Ill go with...

Vince Young @ Oklahoma State.

Down what? 28 at half? or something ridiculous like that. Everyone on the Longhorns had given up, and with a bad ankle, Vince Young goes for 506yards by himself and single-handedly wins the game and saves Texas' season. The game/season was epitomized by VY's 80yd TD run where he pump faked an OSU CB into jumping in the air and ran past him before he hit the ground. Took him about 6 steps to go 80yds.

5. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I remember watching the Ole Miss vs Arkansas game back in 2003 I think. I didn't start watching it until the fourth quarter but at that point the game was just getting started basically. The game went seven overtimes as Eli Manning and Freshman Matt Jones battled it out. That was Matt's first start I think and he was amazing especially in the overtimes. Arkansas ended up getting the two point play in the seventh OT to give them 58 points and then Ole Miss scored but didn't convert their two point play. It was definitely one of the best games I have ever seen just because of how the teams exchanged blows in those overtimes, and how exhausted they were and looked.

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

For me it was the Braylon Edwards game where he single handedly carried Michigan to beat Sparty in OT in Ann Arbor... I was still in school at that time and was with some Sparty friends in the student section... Sparty was jawing all day long and then Braylon woke up...

Look at these catches:
    [​IMG]

3 OT's! What a game...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mikedesimone.com/m04/michiganstate/dn05.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mikedesimone.com/m04/mspix.htm&usg=__b6L8MJoO627uT1xIW52X53TJs0w=&h=200&w=171&sz=16&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=SIqt6RRO3iYuCM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=89&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbraylon%2Bedwards%2Bvs%2Bmichigan%2Bstate%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7ADFA_en%26tbs%3Disch:1

One of the most fun games I've ever been to (outside of 97 vs. the Buckeyes).

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

For me the "best" game (that I enjoyed the most, thought had big stakes, and pitted a david vs. goliath) has to be the Boise State / Oklahoma game. I'm sure that one gets mentioned too much but it was a huge game, showing that a team like Boise with athletes that are probably less than HALF as ballyhooed as the Oklahoma athletes can actually get a win.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The game that I most remember for it's entertainment value was the Texas @ Texas Tech game from a few years ago. I remember thinking that whoever called that pass to Crabtree to win the game had some f'n brass.

But I'll never in my life forget the 2002 National Championship game..... :D

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The OU players didn't looked like they cared as much as the Boise players... and I'm not a big fan of trick plays.

The OSU v Miami Fiesta bowl was probably my favorite to watch.

10. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Air Force vs Tennesse. Just a great game all around, shows how certain teams can win with stategy not just skill. was actually at that game, at one point could hear a pin drop in Neyland stadium,

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Douche Bag lol

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Boise v. Oklahoma gets my vote, too.

13. Twinky34

Twinky34 Walk On

The Nebraska @ Va tech last year I am a Tech fan and cant believe we won. Left after the game worrying how we won,

14. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

Well best game I would have to say the nationsal championship where all of Texas just heopped on Vince Young's back and rode him to the finish against USC, and then a close 2nd and number one as far as being a fan of the team would be when LSU beat Florida several years ago when they were both in the top 3 and then LSU went on to beat OSU in the National Championship. The game was back and forth all game, Les Miles went for i ton 4th down 4!! times, and Jacob Hester carried Florida defenders on his back to convert 4th downs

15. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

I remember, unfortunately, the PSU vs. Michigan game. I'm not sure when it was, I think 2004 or 2005. Anyway, it was a great game right down to the last seconds. Michigan was driving, and time was said to have run out. Lloyd Carr argued a little, and 2 seconds got put back on the clock. Then, a TD pass to Mannigham was fired and the hopes for a Nittany Lion championship went down the drain. It was painful to say the least, but I can appreciate a great game, still.

16. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

As far as games that I've attended:

LSU - Florida 2007. LSU-UGA 2003 was pretty good too.

TV:

USC-Texas for the title was a classic.
    Nebraska-Mizzou in I think 97.. with the "kicked" deflection TD

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

For me it would have to be Penn State beating Ohio State in the Horseshoe a couple years ago. A low scoring, defensive game, where EVERY play and EVERY drive was intense! I never got so loud in my living room after that fumble. It was the one Penn State game I cried when they actually won...Iowa on the road that same year was a tear jerker, but for all the wrong reasons.

Best game I personally attended and watched...either Penn State losing to Ohio State by 1 point back in 2002 I believe, where the game winning field goal for PSU fell feet short and I was sitting directly inline with that goalpost, was my first Penn State game too...OR the PSU loss to Iowa last year. I can appreciate a good game, even if it is a loss for my team. That game was a great experience. My first game in the best student section in the country, cold and wet...Big10 football. Watched Clayborn blocked that punt right in front of me...and I can honestly say I saw it coming before the snap, the special teams were getting worked all night. The atmosphere at that game was intense! It was soooo loud, I believe it reached 118 decibels.

18. Wick36

I remember that...

That pissed me off quite a bit.

Freakin' coach carr.

19. Wick36

All of those games were amazing.

20. thehardknoxlife

thehardknoxlife Walk On

That was a game. Tennessee was not ready for AF option attack. I remeber Robert Ayers saving the game for the Vols when AF went for two and he stuffed the runner who looked like he was going in.

21. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

App St. Michigan was pretty good.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I remember the 05 national championship game, I was only lik 14 years old (to lazy to do any math right now) but that game single handedly turned me into the HUGE college football fan I am today.

23. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

1994 Orange Bowl

Florida State - 18
    Nebraska - 16

[YOUTUBE]vk8FB8bD9Jo[/YOUTUBE]

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I knew if I read this entire thread somebody would mention my Wolverines ruining Penn State's NC shot... One of the best games I've seen...

Worst Game I've Ever Seen: I was 9 years old... sitting in the living room watching it with my mom's friend... Colorado fan.... Lenny... all I can say is I cried all day because Kordell F'N Stewart threw a 64 yard... man... that shit still hurts 16 years later, don't even wanna finish...

25. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends