Best H4Y Moments!

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by JQwon13, May 23, 2011.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

With the league slowing way down as we prepare for 2012 to come out, I figured rather than do a half-hearted Hardies this season, we'd all share our favorite parts of this dynasty over the course of our 8? seasons together. Here's just a few questions, but feel free to add your own. Please include details to each answer.

Who did you consider to be your biggest rival?

What was your favorite victory?

What was your toughest defeat?

Most entertaining thread/topic in the history of the league?

How do you feel about how you progressed as a player over the course of the league?

Name your favorite 3 players that you had on your team in this dynasty?

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

You don't do half-hearted Hardies every season?

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Now, to answer it myself...

This one is tough for me as I had my rivalries with both Dylan and Hammer, but I'm gonna go with CenTech (Fever). It really hurt our rivalry that we were only able to play half the years, but definitely a fun one every time.

What was your favorite victory?Several come to mind, with my only victory over Nik, my 45-14 beatdown of CenTech, my beatdown of Hammer to end a 4 year drought against him...But I'm gonna go with my 31-27 victory over UL Monroe in 2017. I played terribly that game and had to rally late, and at the very end, scored the winning touchdown. Heck of a game.

My back to back losses against Hammer in which he hit game winning field goals as time expired were tough... The freaking holding penalty with a minute to left that screwed me in a 3 point loss to Nik was bitter... obviously there was the game in which Hammer told me I had to kick the fg, but I'm not gonna get into that one... So I'm gonna go with my game against Steamer in which I took a 4-point lead with like 10 seconds left and then he got it to midfield and that son of a bitch threw a 50 yard hail mary on the last play of the game to beat me. I turned off my Xbox right then and there...I was so angry. In fact I believe he still has the highlight which I'm sure he'd be glad to share...

I know my meltdown with Hammer was probably highly entertaining, but I was so angry at the time that I can't say that was my favorite... But maybe the first time I offered to put my H4Y's life at risk in order to bring back Fuzzy. That one was fun. But I also enjoy all the East-West trashtalk threads.

How do you feel about how you progressed as a player over the course of the league?
    Highly improved. I think I went 4-8 my first season. And here this season I went 11-2 with my only losses being to Nik and when I was on AP against DirtyCash. I've won at least 10 games in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, and I've done that playing in the East.

I thought this would be hard cuz of all the players that I've loved in this dynasty... But there were clearly 3 that I loved above the rest.
    Adam Collins- My HOF linebacker that I renamed my stadium after. He was tragically gunned down after murdering several Idaho players during the early years of the Ohidaho feud.
    Adam Carter- Sack Machine. He was a stud before this conference had studs. I landed him in year 2 and he was a huge mismatch for every offensive tackle in the league. Also a HOF and 4-time All-American and set the career record for sacks for the conference with I believe 41, and that's with him only getting 6 his frosh year cuz I played him at LB rather than his real position of DE which he moved to his soph year.
    Gerald Johnson- My offense was completely run through him and I didn't care if other teams knew it. I always ran to his side as his blocking skills were better than my linemen. He also was a perennial AA and Mackey Finalist and won the award his Junior year. He is also a H4Y HOFer now.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Hahaha, touche.

But actually another question...

What was everyone's favorite feature in H4Y? (All-Nikpin team, All-Snoopy team, Hardies)

Personally I really enjoyed the All-Snoopy team. I think it will be an even better feature if started year 1 when our Frosh are more expected to contribute immediately

5. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Hammerhead... I upset him my first year and he has stormed back and beat me the past two years even though one I was on autopilot.

When I beat Steamer... because it caused not only him but also fever(who had yet to even play me) to accuse me of cheesing. Now thats some serious shit.

Nik was up 70-0 at half in my 2nd year vs him. So that could easily go down as my programs low point but my toughest defeat would be either last years game against qwon or last years game against nik. I was in the game at the end in both and couldnt pull them out. Either win wouldve been huge for the program.

Hammer/Qwon fued.

I havent progressed. I've regressed. I went 5-3 in the conference my first year and ended the year ranked only to follow that up by going 1-15 the past two years in teh conference.

Ray Fisher x3.

6. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I think the only 2 people I played every season in the dynasty were Full Moon and Snoopy. I considered Full Moon to be my biggest rival even though Idaho dominated the series for the most part. That damn Potatoe Magic was cursed on me. Also I think me and Redd might have developed a rivalry if we played more than one game.

My favorite victory is a split. The Hail Mary vs Qwon wasn't the most satisfying win but just to know it was against him and his reaction was priceless. The other would be my 59-27 win over Full Moon. It was my first win over him and the only blowout of the series and easily my favorite and most satisfying victory.
    Now for your viewing pleasure... once again I bring you- "The Hail Mary"

Toughest defeat hands down was in season 1 in the Conference Championship. I played the guy Legasee (or whatever) who was MTSU and I had the game under control late and that fucker stormed back and stole my championship. I've always been pissed about that game since it was my best chance at a conference title.

Has to be the Hammer/Qwon fued IMO. I also had fun with the Fantasy Football which had its own thread.

I think I've progressed a lot as a recruiter. I'm not really sure what to think about the sticks though. I went to 2 of the first 3 championships with no talent, but then when I recruited and established a badass roster I could never put together that one big season. I still managed to stay consistant though with 4 10+ win seasons and with my worst record being 7 wins which only happened once.

Dennis Brewster- the 2 star athlete who turned out to start at QB for 4 seasons and won the West as a freshman. He was my best QB and provided the most versatility as he was fast as shit with a rocket arm by the time he graduated.

John Warren- Never had a DT like Warren who would completely take over. It was strange as well as his ratings weren't through the roof or anything, but the guy could make one move and blow up a run or chase down a QB. Started every game for his 4 years as an Aggie and set records that won't be broken.

[​IMG]
    John Warren being a beast

Cache Morgan- CB - This is a major throwback as he was already on the roster when the dynasty started. He wasn't very highly rated, barely made it into the cornerback rotation. The thing was though that he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. He ended up with 3 TDs on defense that first season that either won the game or sealed it.

What was everyone's favorite feature in H4Y? (All-Nikpin team, All-Snoopy team, Hardies)

For me it was definitely the Hardies. It was hilarious how past players/rivals/events got thrown in there and worked perfectly.

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

@Steamer43

I really enjoy the fact that you even added music to that highlight...bastard

8. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Lol @ the music!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

LOL! I was looking for something especially sarcastically dramatic. (y)

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

It's too bad you couldn't put it in slow mo and really draw it out, lol

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Where's your answers at Hammer?

12. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

I'd say Army. I was kind of the thorn in his side for a few seasons... It'd be nice if we played every season... Kind of an OU/Neb rivalry. But some seriously good games! Honerable mention to Utah State. Some really good games.

My first season as head coach when I got the W over Idaho in the last game of the regular season to go bowling. That was a sweet win.

This last season @ Utah State took some wind out of my sail. I really thought I had Steamer's number. The last second TD put me away and was a rough loss for the Blazers.
    Honerable Mention: The "Lights Out" Game against Crumb.

ATTN: CoachRedd.... by BlondRedHead... Epic...

My offense has definately gotten a hell of a lot better. If my D can catch up in 12', I have a chance to be really good in this league. IMO. All in all a pretty consistant 8-5 /9-4 team. Not shabby.

QB Nelson Frazier
    SS Terrell Waters (Thorp Winner)
    HB Dan Anderson (92 ovr)

13. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Biggest rival… it seems like I need to actually win some games in the league to honestly have a “biggest rival.” I suppose my answer to this would be twofold. Overall, I’d just have to say whoever has played as MTSU as that matchup seemed to be my best opportunity each year to actually win a game. Although based on the last two years of the league, I’d have to throw jkyle out there as we had two classic games.

Admittedly for the future, I’d almost think HammerHead would be the most logical just based on the fact that we’re both Kentuckians.

See above.. it seems like I actually have to win some games in this league to actually have a favorite victory. I’ll list three. The first one was my first win in H4Y against UL Monroe way back in season 1. The second one would have to be my surprise victory over Steamer’s Utah State club in Year 4 which came in my small revival after having two back-to-back winless seasons in Years 2 and 3 in which I had the most inept offensive club in the history of mankind. The third was my hard-fought win in that papajohns.com bowl over SMU. Almost made me want to order a pizza to celebrate.

This is so.. not a fair question. I’ve had enough heartbreaking losses over the years that it isn’t even funny. One game that does stick out was one game against DirtyCashDylan in which my kicker proceeded to miss a FG wide left which would have tied the game. It was the best my team had played against him and I didn’t have an opportunity to really see what could have happened. Beyond that, the most painful games to play were against Nikpin…. You try having him as an in-state rival…

The East-West feuds in my opinion. I’m not a big fan of the rest of the drama. Although JQwon being jealous of my 200 yards rushing in one game to call cheese was mildly entertaining.. sort of like provolone. ;)

I definitely feel better about my own skill in the game despite the fact that I’ve probably played about 95% of my games as the undermanned team. I’ve also learned that the only way to get really good in this league is by learning the best methodologies of knowledge of cheese. Only kidding.

WR James Jackson – 96 Speed, 99 Acc. It’s a shame that I didn’t have a QB that could actually get him the ball. It was pretty funny having a weapon like that as I never really had anyone else like him.
    QB Dustin Mayes – Not really my most talented QB, but he was the one that seemed to win the most games for me in this iteration. He also was my QB that lead my Eagles to my one and only winning season.
    My Entire 2018 Roster – 7-6!!!

14. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I don't feel that I have a true rival. Either Blonde because of our 8 overtime game or Snoopy because of the in state Rival.

Probably the 8 OT win since it was 8 OTs. But win over Steamer last season felt good since he once rated me last overall.

This is hard since I kinda lost a lot. The lost agasint MTSU in his first season because I blew the 2 TD lead in the second half pissed me off. But the game against Kent State when he drove with under a minute left to go and scored a TD with someting like 5 seconds left to win the game. That game hurt.

Hammer v Qwon

Not much change. I think I would have made a bowl every year but with the wedding, honeymoon and bachelor party, and working the night shfit I ended up missing games in 3 straight seasons. I feel like I will compete next year.

Kevin Jefferson Kicker/Punter/heart and soul of team Everyone knows about the slow corner who got moved to kicker/punter after his freshman year.

Kyle Mckinney QB Started as a fresman. Started every season as number 1 QB. But got injured 1st play of 2nd season and missed most of the year.

John Smith WR 6'6 wideout who was huge. Overal rating not that high but ended up being my top target 3 start seasons

Overal I enjoyed playing in Hard 4 Hard and look forward to next year. I think it will be my only OD.

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Oh they're coming...

Who did you consider to be your biggest rival? This is tough but probably Dylan or the Qwon himself. It seems like we always, and I mean always had close games. Us three were always fighting for second place in the East right behind Nik, which we all know means second place in the conference.

What was your favorite victory? Definitely my 2pt conversion to beat Nik in OT on my way to my undefeated National Championship season.

What was your toughest defeat? The one that stung the most was probably the loss I took from Redd his first year at MTSU. I just couldn't get over that hump that game and was so close.

Most entertaining thread/topic in the history of the league? There are too many good ones, probably mine and qwons Springer fight though.

How do you feel about how you progressed as a player over the course of the league? Much improved. I won 5 games my first 2 seasons (one 1-11 season) and really learned what it took to play against human opponents, something I rarely did before this league. Now I feel like I can hang with most anyone and give them a good competitive game.

Name your favorite 3 players that you had on your team in this dynasty? SS Patrick "The Shermanator" Sherman, 6'6" Rocket WR Jason Merritt, and of course, All Universe QB Barry Brunetti!

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm gonna leave this one with a N/A, as I don't feel I've had an opponent where we go back and forth with close wins/losses year in year out. Although if I had to choose, me and Snoop always have a 63-59 game with someone winning on the final drive.

How sweet it was to take my D rated team into Western Kentucky and smash the shit out of Dylan that one year (what was it, 47-14 or something like that?). That still didn't stop Dylan from going to his notes and saying I ran it too much when I was trying to mercifully put him away instead of pulling a Snoopy.

Gotta be the 8OT loss to ULM back in like year 4 or 5. Especially cuz I dropped several INTs in that OT and lost because my WR dropped a wide open pass to tie it on 4th down. The closest thing I've played to a real football game (length-wise) as it took like 2 and a half hours, and we were up what felt like into the wee hours of the morning.

I'd say My Music>Yours just cuz I've gone back to that thread the most to get a laugh when I need one.

I got better, particularly on defense and coming up with user picks. Also, this is a stupid question.

Umm....that one kid that got hurt a lot, the other kid that got hurt, and that transfer that got hurt a bunch too.

• Like Like x 1