Best of After Midnight - Through Season 2

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Thought a good thing to discuss would be who each of you think are the best in the league at various aspects of the game, since we've played nearly 2 full seasons and I think there has been a good cross-section of games. Without further ado.....

Who do you think is the best:
    On the sticks
    Offensive gameplanner
    Defensive gameplanner
    Recruiter

Roogy
    Cheez
    Jayrah
    gowazzucougs
    Danthraxxx
    bucsfan047
    JFace907
    Colemanchu
    whygodwhy1111

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'll start it off.

On the sticks - Based on who I've played it's probably whygodwhy1111, especially on the defensive end. He user controls a safety or linebacker and is very good at quickly reading where you are likely going with the ball and attacking that downhill. Occassionally you can make him pay for being aggressive, but he tends to run alot of soft zones, which limits the damage when he does miss a play/tackle.

Offensive gameplanner - I'll give this one to Jayrah. Against me in 2 games he's done better at consistently moving the ball than nearly anyone else I've played, but his lack of a consistent QB has hurt him in scoring situations. He does a great job at calling plays and keeping you guessing at what is coming next.

Defensive gameplanner - This has to be recchem2000 in my opinion. Prior to the Utah game his team had given up 68 points on the season, and that was playing several user games. With a B- OVR defense he held Michigan to 10 points and Wisconsin to 14 points.

Recruiter - I like what Corey Volting is doing at Michigan St. He's pulled in 2 solid classes with a 4 star program.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im basing this off what I have done in this league and from some of the games against users in previous versions.

On the sticks - JFace907 was probably the best on the sticks I have played in last years game. whygodwhy1111 would be a close second. But I havent played either yet in this OD (no Dru I dont need to play OSU and Penn State next season!)

Offensive gameplanner - This may sound crazy but Cheez gets my vote here. He may not change his game plan but you gotta like a man with a plan that sticks to it! Even with the best QB in the game he refuses to go away from what he likes to do. For as much shit as we give him, I have to give him kudos for sticking to his guns when he could cave to all of us and just start chucking the rock all over the field!

Defensive gameplanner - Dru50 gets my vote...35-0 last season. Didnt sniff the endzone against his 3-4. Would have liked to see what I could have done this season against him with pretty much the same team as last year but we'll have plenty of battles going forward.

Recruiter - my vote goes to Colemanchu he is an evil genius when it comes to recruiting. I like what he has brought to Wisconsin thus far.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

On the sticks - I played bucsfan047 three times this week. He runs the ball extremely well, takes control of wideouts to make good catches, and is pretty solid on defense, usually controlling a middle linebacker.

Offensive Gameplanning - The only time my defense could stop Colemanchu was a couple interceptions. He moved the ball against me by air and ground without much difficulty.

Defensive Gameplanning - I can forget about running the ball against JFace907 and although I can utilize short passing game I get picked off like 3 times or so in both games.

Recruitment - Even though it's a six star program, Dru50 and the bank accounts of the USC boosters get my vote.

5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

On the sticks- whygodwhy1111 the way he ran the ball against me was straight demoralizing. He would get me going one way and stop on the dime to go back the other way seemingly everyplay.

Offensive gameplanning- whygodwhy1111 again going with whygod because of the reasons above.

Defensive gameplanning- JFace907 Always solid of defense I couldnt really do anything against him, hence my 7 points total against him.

Recruitment- I didn't see the classes last year but for me its a tie between Corey Volting and Cheez ... CV has a nice class so far pulling a 5 star, wanting to see how he fills it out though, and Cheez is just solid all the way through on his class.

6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Why not? I did it year one.

Best on the sticks: Whygod - have you seen some of the defensive stats he's racking up?!

Best Offensive Gameplanner: Dru, I have got to give this to you. You spend time before each user game and root through the depth charts, trying to find a mismatch that you can take advantage of at some point in your game. I would give you defense too, but....

Best Defensive Gameplanner: Cougs, despite having lower quality talent, is able to shut down the run very effectively. Give him a couple years at Washington State, and he will be a viable threat to the North division. Hell, he beat the shit out of Oregon, and I really struggled against them.

Best Recruiter: Corey, I hardly know you, but I like what you're doing at MSU. Give 'em hell over there - particularly Penn State / Wisconsin / Ohio State. Maybe, just maybe, I'll see you at the Rose Bowl in a few weeks.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

On the sticks: Jface... Dru did not seem to switch when the ball was in the air, and when danthraxxx did the small lag was too much to overcome. I do not know how much of Jface is him or his players and play calling but I grow tired of giving his team the ball so much.

Best Offensive Gameplanner: Dru, I think dru has the most offensive TDs against me and he always gets that first one on me before adjustments are made.

Best Offensive Gameplanner: Dru, Still effective especially against the run with inferior talent(compared to OSU and PSU)

Best Recruiter: Dru, I really like the guy that has added 31 soon to be 35 top notch recruits in the last 2 seasons, but I don't think I am suppose to vote for him and I may be a bit bias. Dru Looks like he delivered a another solid class full of top 150s and Juco 3stars. Alot of the season 1 boards are incomplete which makes it hard to gauge recruiting success.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

On the stick: I'll go with Recchem here. Its seems like everybody I have played just hide on the D-Line and let the cpu do the work. Recchem controlled the MLB and was consistently in the right spot and cause havoc in the running game.

Best Offensive Gameplanner: Cheez. Most creative, no, but its obvious he has no clue how to succeed in the pass game and plays to his strengths. Plus he told me last night that he has had success running against the other users in this league.

Best Defensive Gameplanner: The CPU. It's like they always no what play I'm going to run, f.in genius's over there.

Best Recruiter: I'll take the high road and not vote for myself plucking kids from all over the US while hoping a kid or two worth a damn pop up in my home state.
    So that being said, Dru is the best recruiter. Does he have the best situation to recruit from? Probably. Does pull in some sick talent? Definately. Michigan St? Pfffft, have you even seen his class?

• Like Like x 1
  9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

(y)

• Like Like x 1
  10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I think i need to start lobbying for PSU.

6 votes cast, and the #1 recruiting class from season 1, and most likely season 2 has been completely overlooked.