Best Team

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Jun 29, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Watch the roster flip through videos ryno posted and let me know who you think has the best team right now.

My vote - Wisconsin hands down. Lots of pressure on Dakota!

Best Player - In my eyes, Denard Robinson. Just looking at his attributes makes me drool. If I ever had a QB w/95 spd and 99 acc/agi....oh my!

JCspartan2
    dakota7
    @bigsugeknight

My B1G brethren. It doesn't look like Northwestern is going to be the team for me unfortunately. EA screwed me over. Last year NW had a nice spread option freshman QB on their roster, he's not there this year. With Persa only having one year of eligibility and me being on my honeymoon during it, I don't think it's a good fit for me. Maybe I will still use them, but right now I'd say I'm going to be one of the following teams:

Illinois
    Minnasota
    Purdue
    Northwestern

What do you guys think? Are any of these a natural rival to MSU, U of M, or Wisconsin?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Michigan and Minnesota play for the Little Brown Jug (the oldest rivalry trophy in college football).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Brown_Jug_(American_football)

But, of course, Minnesota if fucking horrible.

3. jello1717

Had I played in the B1G, I would've chosen Illinois. Even though they've switched to a pro style offense, they've got a SO QB that would make a passable spread option guy until you can recruit a better one.

[​IMG]

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Minnesota and Wisconsin play for Paul Bunyan's axe.

5. dakota7

I watched that video, but the quality is so bad. I'm on my iPad with the 3G, man the video is fuzzy. Looks like James White is higher rated than Montee Ball, which is a little surprising. And Budmayer is 83, which is about 10 points higher than I expected. I'll watch it again tomorrow and get a better look.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

None are rivals with MSU. I'd vote you stick with NW.

7. GoGators

I definitely like the NW program better than all the others I'm considering, but man with the QB position looking the way it is after Persa I have to be able to land a stud freshman who could start from day one. With their 3 star prestige I highly doubt that's possible. Guess there's always hoping one of the WRs can throw the ball and move them over but I won't know that until teambuilder goes live.

8. jello1717

Man! First Brantley stinks up the joint and disappoints Sherm and then EA finds out that Sherm is going to be NW so they go and change NW's roster to remove a player that they know he wants.

It sucks to be ole KSherm nowadays. The whole sports/gaming world is out to get him!

9. GoGators

LOL!!!! I'm glad someone else is noticing this. I think they're trying to make sure I'm not as successful as I was in '11.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Man I'm disappointed with MSU's roster. 88 speed for Edwin Baker again?! C'mon.

They are missing DE William Gholston, who started as a 5-star true freshman last year and was in the game in '11. This is a HUGE whiff, I have no idea how they missed this.

WR Keshawn Martin, one of the fastest and most electric players in the big ten, is 91 speed with 88 acceleration. That's crap.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Illinois hands down, they had Nathan Scheelhaase start last year as a Freshman and he was pretty good. All around I think they're on the rise, this would be a good year to start a dynasty with them.

12. dakota7

Wisconsin looks pretty good. I'm a little disappointed Montee Ball didn't have a higher rating, specifically his break tackle. But I guess without really seeing the other ratings, it's hard to say what he should be. Curt Phillips made the game again, junior QB who has been injured for basically his entire career.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Thank god we wont be using EA's rosters

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Do the people who make the roster fix stuff like this? Or do they just throw a name on a player?

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I don't think there will be any re-rates with the roster file at first. Most of those re-rates come a week or 2 after the file comes out.

16. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nautica (or anyone else I guess) - have you heard if luvtotha9's rosters will be out any earlier this year? I think last year it took them like 4-6 weeks to get the first roster file with changes they made completed.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think luv has disappeared, he hasn't posted on OS in months. Usually RomanCeasar is the guy that does the first re-rate for the 360. I am not sure if he is doing it again this year, or when it would be done if he does it. It does seem like the roster file this year is a pain in the ass compared to last. It definitely needs a ton of work for it to be right.

18. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I used Fairdale Kings rosters last year, pretty sure this was the fastest roster release on OS.

19. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Same here, that was the set T3 used as well.

20. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Stay away from the Goph's Gators.. If you think Northwestern is bad, just go look at Minnesota's roster. I'm rolling with them in the Redshirts and I was hoping it wouldn't be this bad but it's worse than I thought. Granted, they've been terrible both on the field and on the recruiting trails so their ratings are probably fair but it's going to be tough. First they are shitty but another issue is they are very heavy on Seniors. :( Illinois or Iowa would be good bet's for you. I noticed Iowa wasn't on your list but they are probably in the best shape.

21. dakota7

I don't think Iowa would fit the spread and shred that gators wants to run.

22. AJ Hart MN

Maybe he should convert to B1G football.. 3 yards and a cloud of dust ;)

23. GoGators

There will be no B1G being played by my squad......well unless I don't have a spread QB. I liked Minnesota because of their QB, kids a stud. Illinois looks great too, but I'm just not a fan of their uni's and I'm not sure I want to pick up where Zooker left off again.

As for the offensive style of the spread and shred, one could argue that the "Spread Option" attack is perhaps more B1G football than the offenses the other schools run. Remember that "Spread Option" is just a fancy word for single wing football, and I'm pretty sure the single wing was around before the I-formation and singleback sets you refer to as B1G football haha.

As for Iowa, they were on the non-pickable teams so I can't be them. Plus, Dakota needs a bigger head start this year :)

24. AJ Hart MN

haha, I'm sure Dakota can't wait to get his hands on you this year ;)

25. dakota7

That's not gay.