BFR CONTENT DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

BFR CONTENT DISCUSSION

Alright, I just had a convo with CA. I know I haven't been the poster boy for activity in this league, but it's time we all step up. This is the only NCAA league I'm in, and frankly I'm pretty disappointed so far (especially since I didn't get the game last year and was excited to do so and play on TF this year).

I've helped build the most active league here on TF, the Madden league OMFL. Some of you have played in that league and know what we require and the reasons that league is great.

If we want this league to be viable and potentially be a premier league in the future, we all need to step up our activity. We currently are getting between 2-3 posts per day on here.....TOTAL, not per user, but TOTAL! That's nuts guys.

I take responsibility for my lack of activity here, and it won't continue. If you don't have the time to dedicate to this league, that is totally cool. This is a video game, and lots of things go on in the real world, and many of us are in multiple leagues on TF. Well if you don't have the time, please step aside, step down, and allow a new user to come in who really wants to be here.

Thanks.

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Real talk, we all need to step it up. I understand people have lives and things they do. We all do. I'm not going to sit here and spit out the reasons I have constrained times because everybody has different lives and things going on. THE REASON WE PLAY ON THIS SITE IS FOR THE CONTENT. Aside from the sim experience. I stated a couple of times before the season even started about the activity. If I have to divide up the content then so be it. We are among the top non-premier leagues but we aren't showing it at all. We need to get some things going each week. Not only do they need to be done but they need to be commented on as well. There is nothing I hate more than doing content that doesn't get noticed. If you are in other leagues and post then why not here? These are the things we need. I'm going to start kicking ass and taking names.

Content Ideas:
    Heisman Watch
    Top Recruits
    Player of the Week
    Game of the Week

Those are just a few. Everybody who is in Bowlin' for Roses needs to respond now and take it to the next level.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Work??? you mean we gotta work around here?

JK, seriously though. I do agree we should be doing a bit more content, and I will be the first to admit that I have been lacking in that department as well. I will step it up. I think I can think of something.

I do appreciate this league, to be honest when I first joined I was nervous how it was going to be. I come from a Madden League, that at times is questionable but mostly sim. So the sim experience is what I am after. The content is what keeps the members in the league close though, and that is crucial. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's input!

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'll do top recruits if somebody (Frisk?) can tell me how to quickly browse the recruits that signed the previous week. I can find all the signed committs but is there a way to filter it by which week they committed?

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

That's it. Nobody is writing anything cause they think it's falling on deaf ears or eyes or, whatever. OK Maybe it's just me.

Personally Im not much of a stat watcher. If it wasn't for writing game summaries, I couldn't tell how any of my guys are doin. What I like are watching conference games play out and looking at recruiting. I already do conference breakdown content in 2 other dynasties so was lookin for something different here. I've never found a way to make recruiting very interesting either. You can do top classes or spotlight a recruit but those aren't very in-depth or interesting to me. So, what would you guys find interesting in regards to recruiting?

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Check the dynasty Wire homey! Look at the weekly updates, says who signed where. Also if you activated ur emails u should have an email sent to your account for every week. If you didnt get that let me know and I will foward them to you.