BFR MidSeason Presser (reply by all)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

SEASON 2
    Bowlin for Roses
    MidSeason Presser
    [​IMG]
    The Trojans lead the Pack at the midpoint can they hold on for another Title?​

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Season Recap -

Offensive MVP-

Defensive MVP-

X-Factor (player who makes a difference each game)

Toughest game played-

Toughest matchup ahead-

Biggest strength-

Biggest Weakness-

Top recruit signed -

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]

Offensive MVP- The offensive line. This is what makes us go. If we can't block, we can't run. If we can't run, we are forced to pass which is our own worst enemy right now. We have to use TP's strength and that is his running ability. Getting Boom the ball.

Defensive MVP- I would say our linebacker crew. Etienne Sabo, Andrew Sweat and Dorian Bell. Also, Donnie Evege has come up big with 5 interceptions so far.

X-Factor (player who makes a difference each game)- TP. If we can't run the ball, he has to make those plays whether it is by arm or leg. If we can limit his throws, it makes our chances much better.

Toughest game played- Well, Miami considering we lost otherwise going into Happy Valley and defeating Ricky Bobby in OT.

Toughest matchup ahead- Iowa, at home.

Biggest strength- Multiple guys who can carry the rock.

Biggest Weakness- Ability to not convert long 3rd downs.

Top recruit signed- :5stars: DE David Madison

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Boilermakers are trying to sneak back into Bowl contention​

Season Recap - Well we lost two tough games where we couldnt get a stop to save our lives vs TCU and Kent St. We were able to beat Rice in between. We lost a tough one to Iowa and Washington St. by 17-10 scores in each. We have big wins vs Northwestern, Michigan St. and a squeaker in Happy Valley. We sit at 4-4 with 4 conference games ahead of us. Robert Marve has been good cop bad cop as usual with the Td's and Int's. Justin Siller has played well along with OJ Ross at wide out. Dwayne Beckford and Carlton Williams lead an improving defense. Our PK Wiggs has been outstanding as well.

Offensive MVP- Have to go with Justin Siller WR. This kid makes plays for this offense no matter the opponent. He should finish the season strong and be a 1st All Big 10 selection.

Defensive MVP- Dwayne Beckford MLB continues to lead by example on defense. We have given up some points early on but he has reeled everyone back in and the defense has become reliable this season.

X-Factor (player who makes a difference each game) None other than Ricardo Jones. This sophomore has 3 td's this year 2 on KOR and 1 INT return. He has 4 sacks and 2 or 3 interceptions as the nickel back.

Toughest game played- The TCU game. That team embarrassed us and put a lot of doubt in mind about what kind of team we had.

Toughest matchup ahead- has to be The Ohio St. University or Wisconsin. In back to back weeks we have to deal with John Clay and Terrelle Pryor two of the leagues biggest superstars.

Biggest strength- Passing game when Marve is on, we feel we can throw at will when Robert's head is in the right place.

Biggest Weakness- Running game. Robert Bolden is starting to come on strong with an 80 yard performance vs PSU. Lets hope the corner has been turned.

Top recruit signed - 3 star gurad or tackle is our only commitment. Let's hope things get better.

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Season Recap - It's been a year of injuries and close losses. Three of my four losses so far have been by 7 points or less. Two of which went to Overtime and one by an inch.

Offensive MVP- I would have to say Kevin Newsome. He has stepped in when it looked like he lost his starting spot this season. Now he will continue to build towards a true offseason of the starting quarterback

Defensive MVP- How can I not say Khairi Fortt. The guy is a monster. He has been all over the field this year and when he's not making plays he is forcing the opponent into other players. He has made everyone better.

X-Factor (player who makes a difference each game) My xfactor is Devon Smith. He is 5'7" and a true speedster for this offense. Whenever he gets the rock he is lethal. Now we just hope he comes back next season

Toughest game played- The Alabama game was the toughest. Never have I been so frustrated with a game. I couldn't get anything going on offense, Bolden and Green both got injured for the majority of the season...and on defense I couldn't stop them. They put up 63 points but it might as well have been 100.

Toughest matchup ahead- I think Wisconsin is going to be tough. Jonathan Clay is a beast as we all know. Hopefully we can contain him just enough to sneak a victory

Biggest strength- My biggest strength on this team this year is the cornerback play. They have been great all season, and with less than half a year to go I hope they continue to dominate those opposing WRs.

Biggest Weakness- The Run game. There hasn't been one. I have had three Halfbacks out or hurt for more multiple weeks. I cannot get consistency in that department. If I could I would probably be looking at a slightly better record.

Top recruit signed - So the best commit I have so far is Tre Willis. The 6'4" 288 lbs Tackle out of Linden NJ.

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Season Recap​
    Brad Herman. With all the uncertainty at QB, the trio at runningback, the inconsistency at wide receiver, this guy has been a rock.

Tyler Sash. He is a ball hawk that can tackle and read plays. If he played offense, I would use him there.

Tyler Nielsen. At OLB he is a force. He plays the run incredibly well. He can pass defend. And he always comes up with that one big play, right when I need it.

By far, the game against USC. 16-3, but it felt worse than that. It is a testament to the defense that they only let up 16 points considering the holes the offense put them in with 5 interceptions.

Not looking past Michigan, but Ohio State gave us the tightest game up until the NCG last season.

The defense. For a team that lost 3 out of 4 starting lineman, two linebackers, a safety and a corner, this defense has performed almost as well as last season. This is a testament to the quality of program that Iowa has built. I can only hop that I can keep up with the rough ways of the big10 with some solid recruiting.

Anybody seen a quarterback? I still can't find one. Since throwing Derby into the fire at Camp Randall, he has performed well. Not blow you away Heisman numbers, but he has been able to make the plays when called upon. The problem this presents is that teams are really keying on the run, and it is putting a lot more stress on the QB play. I need someone to step up and assume control. We will find out soon.

By leaps and bounds, ATH Shaun Harris. This guy will be filling a spot that many have forgotten about, because it has been so solid for so many seasons. Tyler Sash is moving on after this season. Shaun Harris will be his replacement. Any questions?

7. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Offensive MVP- Kevin Prince. Our QB play has been pretty solid all year, aside from the rest of the team unfortunately. He needs to cut down on the dumb interceptions in crucial situations, but he's definitely a serviceable QB.

Defensive MVP- Akeem Ayers. Not much else to say but that this guy is a beast at LB. He's exceptional at coverage and run stopping, and always seems willing to plug up the hole in the line.

X-Factor (player who makes a difference each game)- Rahim Moore. he's just a play making safety all around. The guy roams the middle of the field and constantly deflects passes and makes QB's scared to throw over the middle. Now don't get me started about where we'd be if the rest of the secondary played like that...

Toughest game played- Cal. Just a great game all around from Ryty

Toughest matchup ahead- USC, for obvious reasons.

Biggest strength- I would say our passing game, aside from a few bad decisions that we seem to make each game. If we can get those figured out, we'll be in good shape.

Biggest Weakness- Our secondary. It just seems to get torched every game... We hvae to address that in recruiting somehow, with guys like Akeem Ayers and Rahim Moore leaving for the pros.

8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

There is only 5 done, let's go!

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Offensive MVP: Denard Robinson. We changed our offense up for the sole reason of letting him keep the ball in his hands and force the D to focus on him every play. His decision making on reads has been great but we need him to start making better throws when he's in the pocket and not rushed.

Defensive MVP: MLB Demens. Has made alot of plays right at and behind the line of scrimmage as well as punish people over the middle. Just had a pick-six against Minnesota that blew the game open. Plays sideline to sideline and has singlehandedly busted opposing screen passes all year.

Toughest game so far: freaking Iowa. Somehow, someway, H22 comes up with a plan to neutralize your best weapons. This game he did it by keeping DRob, Shaw and co. off the field. Michigan only ran 29 plays the entire game that produced 10 points.

Toughest matchup ahead: The Buckeyes loom as the season comes to a close. The only team on our schedule that can match up athlete for athlete. It will be interesting....

Biggest Strength: Rushing attack. Inside, outside, qb, rb, wr, we can attack you in so many ways and have the players to do it.

Biggest weakness: Pass coverage. It has been flat out bad and not for lack of trying. We have tried everything as a defensive staff and we may just not have the roster yet.

Best recruit: CB Black. :5stars: and the #1 CB in the nation.

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Never heard from Wisconsin, Cal, USC, and Oregon

Stanford and Oregon St. excluded

11. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Season Recap -
    Started off the season with an early loss to Michigan. I really felt that this Oregon team was still struggling to find out what they wanted to do...pass...run? Up-tempo? It really showed when the team went braindead in the redzone time and time again without a clear plan of attack. Things have definitely changed since then, as the Ducks are firing on all cylinders and remain in the hunt for the PAC-10 championship.

Offensive MVP-
    Is there even a doubt who this should be? LaMichael James lead the nation in rushes and yards per carry before being sidelined for the rest of the season 2 weeks ago. It was a shame because he was on pace to smash a lot of Oregon's single season records.

Defensive MVP-
    LB Boseko Lokombo. He brings down anyone near his vicinity and is just a havoc in the backfield.

X-Factor (player who makes a difference each game) -
    LaMichael James. He is a threat to take it to the house almost every play. Up the gut or on the outside...give him some room and it's off to the races.

Toughest game played-
    This is a toss-up between Michigan (onaradio) and Stanford (bkhog). I'm going to have to give the edge to Stanford as I really felt like I didn't know wtf I was doing in the first game of the season. Against bkhog and his Cardinals, I had a gameplan and stuck to hit, allowing me to go up 21-3. However, his team would not go away, stuffing my runs and knocking down key passes time and again to make it a game in the second half. I won 21-19, but only because of his inefficiencies in the redzone during the first half.

Toughest matchup ahead-
    The big bad Trojans are on the horizon. Tuco plays a really methodical game that really took me out of my groove last year. I am going to have to realize that it's going to be a grind out game and try not to force things like I did last year (lost by a TD I believe).

Biggest strength-
    I would have to say my running game. LaMichael definitely makes things easier tho :) However, since his injury, Lache Seastrunk has took on the responsibility of being the big man on campus and has delivered. We have not stayed away from the running game even with LaMichael out.

Biggest Weakness-
    The Oregon passing defense leaves a lot to be desired. We play a bend but don't break defense...however that doesn't make stomaching these long drives by the opponents any easier.

Top recruit signed -
    Loving WR James Amos. He most likely will be starting next year as a 4-star recruit.​

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

thanks nrg

13. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Season Recap – The season has gone much better than expected. I fully expected to have at least one loss by this point. That being said, anything less than another Pac 10 title would be disappointing.
    Offensive MVP- Running back Marc Tyler. Tyler had spot duty last season but is the go-to back for the Trojans in 11. The senior has scored 15 touchdowns and rushed for over 1000 yards in just nine games.
    Defensive MVP- This is a really tough call as the Trojan defense has played very well this season, especially in user games. But I will go with defensive end Nick Perry, who has six sacks and ten total tackles for loss. The defensive line has been great- 19 sacks in nine games from the front four.
    X-Factor (player who makes a difference each game) - Strange selection but kicker Lester Atkinson. Trojans have had some trouble this season in the red zone but Atkinson has always made sure some points get on the board. Lester is 17 of 17 in nine games and has a long of 51. Lock for the Groza.
    Toughest game played- Iowa. It was a defensive slugfest in which the two teams combined to score just one touchdown.
    Toughest matchup ahead- Oregon. Very excited about the upcoming contest with the resurgent Ducks. Must stop the big play.
    Biggest strength- Offensive balance. The offense has a nice mix that is tough to stop. Barkley and Tyler make for a potent attack.
    Biggest Weakness- Outside Linebacker, although the defensive line and secondary has made up the difference.
    Top recruit signed – Five star Quarterback Vernon Triplett. A quarterback who can move and fling it. Sorry Bucks and Bruins, he’s mine.

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

thx tuco

15. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

Season Recap - (Sorry I did not see this thread until now and its basically the end of the season lol) Right now we're sitting @ 8-2 (5-2 in conference play). Loving the way the team is playing right now. Smash mouth run it down your throat style of football. John Clay was leading the nation in rushing but recently went down for a few games with an injury. Montee Ball & James White have filled in nicely though. They both just rushed for 100yd against MSU. Defensively has been pretty good. I need more out of them though. We're pretty solid against the run but get torn up in the passing game. The only 2 blemishes on the record are user games against Iowa & Michigan. Both of those games were great games, just didn't get the job done. Looking forward to the showdown with Cal in the following weeks.

Offensive MVP- Would have to be all of the Runningbacks and the Offensive Line. They have really played well this year. I'm comfortable with any of my running backs getting carries. If 1 guy had to be picked though for MVP, it would have to go to John Clay.

Defensive MVP- JJ Watt. Watt doesn't necessarily have all of the numbers he would like to have but he has come up with HUGE plays this season. Tackles for loss have been huge and him getting pressure on the QB has been awesome.

X-Factor (player who makes a difference each game)- James White. White is a perfect back for the style of offense we like to run. We wear you down with the big boys, John Clay and Montee Ball, then White comes in for a change of pace and hits the home run. Gotta love it.

Toughest game played- Thats a tough one to pick. Alot of the games early on in the season were very tough. Any of the user games were tough also. If I had to choose 1 though I would have to go with the matchup against Iowa. That game was crazy. Iowa's safety (can't remember his name) played 1 heck of a game and really made it difficult for us to find our rhythm on offense.

Toughest matchup ahead- Well with only 2 games left it will have to be the user game against Cal (ryty32). So far all of my user games have been very tough and I expect this one to be too.

Biggest strength- Running the football. We currently are the #1 rushing offense in the country.

Biggest Weakness- Pass defense. Some games it takes 3qtrs for the defense to finally start figuring out the passing game. Some games we never figure it out. Definitely will be our main focus this off-season.

Top recruit signed - According to EA Sports recruit rankings, our top recruit signed is HB Mike Preston. Preston is a power back from Illinois and looks to fit right into the style of play here in Madison. Other notable recruits are OLB Bobby Griffin, HB Rod Johnson, WR Andrew Fowlkes.