BG drops #24 Miami Oh

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Aug 14, 2011.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

BG 38
    Miami OH 24

The Redhawks come into Bowling Green with a 4-0 mark, a number #24 ranking and a much better overall team then the Falcons. It showed early as Miami took the opening kick and promptly moved the ball right down the field for a quick 5 play touchdown. Bowling Green then mounted their own drive, a 4 minute drive that resulted in a touchdown pass (on a curl route) to Alex Bayer.

Then on the ensuing drive, BG star LB Dwayne Woods picked up a backwards pass funly and took it 37 yards to the house. Miami would drive down and get a quick touchdown and then follow that up with a FG to take a 17-14 lead. BG scored twice late in the second qtr, once with a 7 yard fun from Jordan Hopgood and another with 49 seconds to go when CB Ryan Ward picked one off and took it 37 yards for the touchdown and carried that BIG MO into the locker room.

The teams would trade TDs in the third and BG would add a FG in the 4th to make it a 14 point difference and the Falcons beat their first ranked team under Coach Mullen and get an early season conference win.

Up next...Wyoming in a rematch of a 14 - 13 barn burner last season

• Like Like x 1
  2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Well done. My sources confirm that folks from Purdue and Indiana were there watching you...or maybe they were their looking to add Miami OH into the SEC.

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Haha yeah I was pleasantly suprised to see them ranked because I barely lost to them last year. For your rumor mill and I qoute
    "I am a head coach baby, plain and simple. I will make Bowling Green a year in and year out power...or I will jump to the first BCS school to give me a shot"

• Like Like x 1
  4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

sun belt... exciting. so exciting. awesome. really impressive.

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

mac...dickhead

6. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

fcs, mac, sun belt...i get those three confused