Big 10 Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Coach joeptc: 7 seasons

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Coach PSUmtj112: 7 seasons

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Coach Kasper: 0 seasons

2. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Week 1 Blog

#13[​IMG] At #5[​IMG]

#12[​IMG] At #1 [​IMG]

#7[​IMG] At #9[​IMG]

Big Ten Games of the Week
    To kick off the 2016 Season we have three great match-ups coming.

In a rematch of last seasons Fiesta Bowl, #13 Michigan will be traveling to Texas to play the #5 Longhorns. The Wolverines and Longhorns traded blows early in the game last season with Michigan eventually pulling out ahead and winning 45-20. This game will see a lot of familiar faces on both sides of the ball so it should be an intense game.

Clemson might either feel like the luckiest team in the country or the one that drew the short straw as they will be traveling to the Horseshoe to play the #1 ranked and reigning back to back National Champions, The Buckeyes of Ohio State. The Buckeyes will be playing behind a new leader this year as last years standout Joe Harrell has moved on to the NFL, so Leonard Harrison will be stepping in at QB. Harrison doesn't seem to have the same kind of accuracy with the ball that Harrell had, but he can still spin it and there won't be many guys who can get the angle on him when he decides to take off with the ball. The rest of the Ohio State roster might even be better than the last two seasons, and that's a scary statement to make. The Buckeyes have top ranked players in the country at almost every skill position, on the defensive line and in the secondary. It would be a major upset if Clemson can beat the Buckeyes, as will be the case with every team playing against Ohio State, they simply don't physically match-up.

In what might turn out to be the closest game this week, the #7 Nittany Lions will be traveling to Miami to take on the #9 Canes. Penn State had a bit of a down season last year and a lot of that can be attributed to the loss of QB Bryant Kelly in the game against Michigan. Penn State also set themselves up better than any other team this off-season by bringing in a parade of five start recruits. It will be interesting to see how the freshman play in their first college game. Miami doesn't quite match up talent wise with Penn State, we'll see if the home field advantage can prove to be the difference.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bulldog

4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Ohio State - 30
    Clemson - 13

In a Nationally Televised night game on ESPN, the Clemson Tigers came up short against the reigning 2 time national champion Ohio State Buckeyes. Clemson threw the first punch, scoring a TD on a long opening drive and announced to the country that they had indeed come to play and would not stand down in the presence of 110,000 drunk Ohioans.

On the next possession, new starter Leonard Harrison showed why he was at one time the #1 recruit in the nation by completing his first 4 passes for 87 yards and a TD.

Clemson hung tough for a half, only trailing 14-10 at the half. In the second half however, the Buckeye defense flexed its muscle and the Offensive Line got dominant as Ohio State pulled away in a physical 2 quarters of football, ultimately winning 30-13.

Great game, Jason. I look forward to playing you again soon!

Harrison - 10/16, 170yards 2 TDs

Nic Berry - 17 Carries, 96 yards 1 TD

5. Bulldog

1st post update...... @Niners21 how many season have you been with us? i cant remember

6. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

Last season was my first full one. I played two or three games to end the season before that.

7. Bulldog

ok thanks

8. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

9. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

Upset In Austin

#13 Michigan Wolverines win 31-24 in Austin against #5 Texas

Games don't get much closer than this. The Longhorns were able to move the ball up and down the field at will most of the day, but when it came down the finishing, they simply did not take advantage of the red zone opportunities and put Michigan away. Texas QB Scott Pierre took Michigan's secondary apart, passing for 424 yards and 2 Touchdowns. Pierre was throwing the ball into windows you wouldn't expect an NFL QB to attempt but he was making them pay off and the Wolverines couldn't take advantage with an interception despite numerous chances.

The Wolverines returned Senior Trey Clark at QB and everyone expected him to continue his stellar play from last season when he had only thrown 3 interceptions going into the final game. However, the Texas secondary would have none of it, picking Clark off three times in the first half. The unreal play of MLB Scott Butler continued however, coming off his Linebacker of the Year Award. With one minute left in the 2nd quarter Butler burst through the line and forced a fumble on a sack which ROLB Scott Matthews picked up and took 40 yards the other way for a defensive touchdown.

The second half was controlled on the ground by Michigan as they all but abandoned their passing game. Injuries to the starting RB Miller made it all the more difficult. Texas was able to get down to the Michigan 2 yard line with 3 minutes to go and trailing by 14 but they came away with nothing. Texas was able to get the ball back and score with one minute left but the failed onside kick was their last hope as Texas has to deal with an early upset loss to Michigan while failing to avenge their Fiesta Bowl loss to the hated Wolverines.

[​IMG]

QB - Trey Clark: 14-24, 191 Yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

RB - Lewis: 16 Carries, 106 Yards, 2 TD

WR - Justin Patrick: 5 Rec, 81 Yards

MLB - Scott Butler: 13 tackles, 8 TFL, 3 Sacks, 2 FF

[​IMG]

QB - Scott Pierre: 24-38, 434 Yards, 2 TD

RB - Nicholas Lewis: 21 Carries, 115 Yards, 1 TD

WR - Daniel Gallagher: 7 Rec, 129 Yards
    WR - Sammie Nixon: 4 Rec, 109 Yards, 2 TD's

MLB - Corey Hodge: 11 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 PBU

10. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

I'm gonna have to replay my game, my power went out right after I finished my write up and I hadn't left the game yet to upload it.

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

oooooh that blows! just a random outage or you guys got storms?

12. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

I just replayed it , won 36-29.

It just went off and right back on, just enough to reset my clocks and 360 :(

13. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Week 2 Blog

#19[​IMG] At #5[​IMG]

#1 [​IMG] At #15 [​IMG]

[​IMG] At #9[​IMG]

Big Ten Game of the Week
    This week in the Big Ten, #1 Ohio State will be traveling to Texas for a match-up against the #15 ranked Aggies. Last week Ohio State continued its dominate run from last season, starting off with a big win against Clemson. New QB Leonard Harrison had a solid outing going 10-16 for 166 Yards and 2 Touchdowns. The real story was the domination by the Buckeye defense forcing 3 turnovers in what proved to be the difference in the game. I don't see Ohio State giving up nearly as many points this week against an over matched Texas A&M squad. I don't care what number the Aggies are ranked, Ohio State might as well be ranked "NFL" because that's where half their team is headed in the next couple years. I see a blowing out Aggieland.

Standings
    [​IMG] 1-0 (0-0)

[​IMG] 1-0 (0-0)

[​IMG]1-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 1-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 0-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 0-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 0-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 0-0 (0-0)

[​IMG] 0-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG]0-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG]0-1 (0-0)

Stats Leaders
    [​IMG] QB - Trey Clark: 23-32, 380 Yards , 1 TD's, 1 Int's
    [​IMG] RB - Travis Smith: 25 Rushes, 183 Yards, 2 TD's, 1 Rec, 12 Yards

[​IMG]WR - Khalid Johnson: 7 Rec, 135 Yards, 1 TD's
    [​IMG] MLB - Jeremy Hunter: 11 Tackles, 3 ATK, 1 PBU

Big Ten Players of the Week
    [​IMG] RB - Travis Smith: 25 Rushes, 183 Yards, 2 TD's, 1 Rec, 12 Yards

[​IMG] CB - Matt Henderson: 2 Tackles, ATK

14. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

VT No Match for the Wolverines

Michigan wins 44-10

Michigan QB Trey Clark started the game hot with a down to the VT 7 yard line where running back Sean Miller took over with a 7 yard TD run to put the Wolverines up 7-0 after less than 3 minutes of play. The one sided affair would continue as Clark and the Wolverine offense threw the ball at will against a confused Hokie secondary and Michigan jumped out to a 38-3 halftime lead. The second half was pretty much as you would expect, a lot of the Michigan running game and a swarming effort by the Wolverine defense.

[​IMG]

QB - Trey Clark: 18-25, 251 Yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT

RB - Sean Miller: 17 Carries, 73 Yards, 1 TD

TE - Khalid Johnson: 7 Rec, 103 Yards, 2 TD

[​IMG]

QB - Curtis Hand: 12-23, 150 Yards

RB: Jonathan Williams: 19 Carries, 71 Yards

TE - Robert Mitchell: 4 Rec, 74 Yards

15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Ohio State 52
    Texas A&M 3

It was the Leonard Harrison Show today in College Station, as the QB showed why he was once the best recruit in the nation. Two long rushing TDs and 2 throwing were had by Harrison as he had no trouble shredding the Aggie Defense.

Defensively, the young Bucks locked down A&M recievers and did not allow many yards after catch. The running game was held to 63 yards on 38 carries.

GOod win for Ohio State as they head into the bye week.

16. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

17. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

18. Bulldog

Your game results aren't showing up i guess you forgot to upload after you finished playing idk but we will hold off the advance until 2morrow so you can play again or if you want it simmed we will sim it either way let me know.

19. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Damn. I will play at 4 central after school Sorry.

20. Niners21

Niners21 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Week 3 Blog

#5[​IMG] At #4[​IMG]

#9 [​IMG] At #15 [​IMG]

Big Ten Game of the Week

This week in the Big Ten, #5 Penn State is traveling to Southern California to take on the #4 Trojans. This game is special for a number of reasons, the biggest being that these two schools rarely meet in the regular season. Top that off with great players and coaches on both sides of the ball and it should be fun to watch.
    Penn State has talent all over the field in what looks to be one of the best teams they've fielded in years. On offense, for the Nittany Lions it all starts with QB Bryant Kelly and arguably the fastest RB in the entire country in Travis Smith. On Defense they boast one of the best front 7's in the country. It won't be easy for USC to run the ball in this one which is going to be a problem for the Trojans. USC is bringing out a true freshman, Bruce James, at Quarterback and I don't know how he's going to keep his composure with the relentless attack the Penn State defense will be bringing. I think this game will be fun to watch, but it might end up with Penn State running away at the end.

Standings

[​IMG] 2-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 2-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG]2-0 (0-0)

[​IMG] 1-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 1-0 (0-0)

[​IMG] 1-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 1-0 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 0-1 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 0-1 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 0-1 (0-0)
    [​IMG] 0-2 (0-0)

Stats Leaders
    [​IMG] QB - Trey Clark: 41-57, 631 Yards , 4 TD's, 2 Int's
    [​IMG] RB - Travis Smith: 38 Rushes, 247 Yards, 2 TD's, 1 Rec, 12 Yards

[​IMG] WR - Ashton Humphrey: 10 Rec, 292 Yards, 2 TD's
    [​IMG] MLB - Jeremy Hunter: 17 Tackles, 2 TFL, PBU

Big Ten Players of the Week
    [​IMG] QB - Leonard Harrison: 11-15, 180 Yards, 6 Car, 80 Yards, 4 TD's

[​IMG] ROLB - Alex Pettway: 5 Tackles, 2 TFL, ATK, FF, FR

• Like Like x 1
  21. Bulldog

22. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

23. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

Domination!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Big Ten Week 4!

#2 [​IMG] vs. #20 [​IMG]

#3 [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

Standings

1. Wisconsin
    2. Michigan
    3. Penn State
    4. Ohio State
    5. Iowa
    6. Illinois
    7. Michigan State
    8. N'Western
    9. Pur-Don't
    10. Indiana
    11. Minnesota

Players of the week for Week 3

Offensive - Khalid Johnson, Michigan - 11 Rec, 221 yards, 3 TDs
    Defensive - Eric Schultz, Purdue - 2 TKLS, ATK

25. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Ohio State 41
    Minnesota 0

Ohio State may just have found a rhythm on this day in Columbus. With QB Leonard Harrison strugging with accuracy, the Buckeyes turned to Senior All-American running back Andrew Simmons. Simmons, primarily a 3rd down back/Kick returner for his 3 years on campus, used his lightning quick speed to gash the Gopher defense. at the half, Simmons had 95 yards rushing, but he barely missed on 3 huge runs. That changed in the 3rd quarter when on consecutive carries, Simmons bolted for two 50+ yard TD runs. Simmons finished with 225 yards on 15 carries with 2 TDs.

THe defense, as always was stout and Minnesota could get nothing going. On another note, the Ohio State kicker missed a 63 yard FG attempt off the crossbar. We will sorely miss his skills next season...especially since we have not been able to find an able replacement in recruiting...