BIG-10 = Over "fucken" rated!

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MRamirez, Mar 16, 2009.

1. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

BIG-10 = Over "fucken" rated!

Come play some Pac-10 teams in our house for once!

These teams in the Top-10 every year is ridiculous.......

This Pac-10 is brutal!

Seems like the Big-10 wants nothing to do with the Pac-10 just lining up games against the Big-12....weak!

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I wake up before 6 am for work, Monday to Friday. So for me its more a matter of timing. I have 5 user games aleady I think, but If you think you'l be able to atleast start a game by like 10 est I'll travel to Arizona and play a 6th

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Time for the yearly rant.

I'm scheduling 1 each as is possible from here on out, don't particularly care for the style of play out there but I'm doing it anyway.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

I agree with you the Pac-10 is wicked. Ive been the wipping boy for 5 seasons. :) I know Oregon and USC will be out for blood in season 7.

Helli scheduled me a Home and Home for the next 2 seasons. And Bruce had me at the big house this season. I believe we will set up a game @ UCLA in the future. I played juggs and jms aswell.

I think the biggest reason for problems in scheduling is not time zones and personal schedules (this league has not had that problem we move quick) its more that we start on the schedule to late. We need to set up these things in advance. Last year during scheduling there were a few guys that had no games scheduled or had no scheduling requests. I was one of them. It puts guys in a bad spot that dont want 5 and 6 user games. I recognized that this year, I did not want to be in that position again and went out and communicated and wound up with me going to Pudue and Texas coming to UCLA. So the more participation the better. Then if there is still a scheduling problem the commish can sort it out. You did get screwed this year on your schedule you played less home games than anyone and one less game I beleive. ITS A CONSPIRICY against ASU!!

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I guess I'm the only PAC 10 guy that lives on the east coast?

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Pretty much.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The oregon, pa ducks!!

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I like that four out of the Top 5 Heisman finalists were from the Pac-10

Fuckin stat hounds... lol.

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

3 out of 6 National champions are big ten teams.

2 from the lack ten.

1 from the pig 12.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

and the big 12 winner was dropped after year 1

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Every year...top heisman guys, top award winners, top all-americans, atleast 2-3 guys with 25+ sacks...everyone with atleast 1 offensive player with like 25 TDs

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol

well in those aspects I don't do much with the stats...

Burton was my lone speed guy, only reason he was in the heisman race. My QB got no love...over 50TD's and I think damn near close to 5000 yards? SMH.

sacks aren't my thing...INT's are...I pride myself on winning a DB trophy (doubt I got this year)...

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I felt like I just WENT OFF with Brian Williams this year... He ended up being the 3rd to 5th most productive receiver out there, despite being 1) 99 spd, 96 acc and GOOD at the other ratings, and 2) our only real weapon.... Although he was used as a decoy only against you, and was pulled in third quarter in like half our games... And he wouldn't have even made the all first-team Pac-10 team. Maybe not 2nd team lol.

I would have to say the stat whoring is just about the only thing I don't like about this league. I love the balance of skills we have, how nobody in this entire league is incapable of losing to another guy.... I can overlook the stat whoring for sure but it would be great if that stopped. Where you felt like you had a shot at a Heisman or maybe just a first team all american.

edit: TBH, it's really not fair for me to see my stats as being "realistic" and somebody else's stats as being unrealistic, but all I know is that the move to Heisman cut my "user" sacks by about 60%. With my best guy last year, I had 23, and I was getting pressure at least 50% of the time with him. This year with the same number of user controlled snaps he had like 11, and I got maybe 1-2 of those. The rushing, receiving, passing yardage, I know that's just good play calling and stick skills. Spreading it around could help, but who am I to complain about that, to each his own. But something is screwy with these fucking sacks. I am getting owned 99.9% of the time I face a blocker on Heisman... We shouldn't have guys getting 30 sacks still. Period. End of statement.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    U should ask them about the sacks. I don't bother with the dlinemen because I suck. I can only get my sacks from my safeties.

15. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I think my DE had 17 this year

16. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    30 sacks should be a once in ten years type of player. We had a guy like that in Wisconsin's Tyler Westphal, the guy was just a monster though. A key element would be if the guys that are getting the abnormal amounts of sacks are doing the same in User games. If not, it's probably and indication that they are taking advantage of the AI. Position change rules/regulations on how much weight/speed can be at DE, LB and TE could help some of this. Just so people aren't recruiting ATHs and putting them at DE. It's just a suggestion.

Which is really a phenomenal year, IMO. My entire d-line at Iowa only had 19 or so this year. And that is with a pretty athletic front seven (ask Bruce).

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I think they had 8 of the 19 vs me.

18. jfosh

jfosh Super

I know how Moody had 30 sacks but I sure dont know how Weldon had 30...Helli you can get by with those moves Ive never been good at them.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I've never been good with those moves...i blitz damn near all out and thats how i get most my sacks...but that's with my LB and S...and then i also get burned a ton.

20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I just got lucky having 4 freaks at DE. Westphall had to be the best though with stength and speed he just ran over Tackles. I do the same thing in user that i do against the cpu. Weldon had like 7 sacks against oregon and 5 were cpu controlled...

21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

and to be honest getting to the QB is about the only thing i do well on defense.

22. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

There's a sack glitch in the game