Big 12 Battle Nebraska vs. Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Big 12 Battle Nebraska vs. Oklahoma

[​IMG][​IMG]

The BCS has them ranked #3 and #5. Nope Oklahoma's not 3 the Cornhuskers are #3. What a turn around this season has been for the Big Red. Lincoln is crazy as ever. Somewhere Tom Osborne, Tommy Frazier and Eric Crouch are grinnin ear to ear ( I know you like the corn reference, ear to ear, I should get paid for this). This isn't your daddy's cornhuskers, they feature a more balanced attack these days. Zack Lee has been efficent (14td's 5 int's) While Helu and Castille have combined for over 1500 yards and 15 TD's. While they may not be Trev Albert's Blackshirts, the defense is solid and play as an 11. The Husker's are undefeated and looking to lock their spot in the Big 12 championship game.

Oklahoma seems to do it every year. Coach Stoops primes his teams to be in this position. However, they seem to find a way to make it hard on themselves. They can't seem to answer the call every time out. A slip up here a slip up there adn they have to claw back. Well here's there opportunity to jump well into the BCS mix. Demarco Murray has been dazling. Bradford has been pedestrian but has picked up lately.Gresham is by far the best TE in the country. Their defense will be the key. Will they show up in Lincoln?

These two teams locked horns in the Game of the Century in 1971, will we be blessed with an instant classic?

2. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Nice write-up, SDID! I just hope we can keep it close against the Sooners.

JCA, I sent you a msg on PSN. Please let me know what time you can play today/tomorrow.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

text him his number is on his message board for his team.

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Work, coach, then home around 6:45-7:00ish pst. This should be a great game, I'm hoping my offense doesn't get off to a slow start again. Should be fun. Text is definitely the easiest way to reach me.

5. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

I'll be on around 9.30 Central. Will text you in advance if something unexpected comes up. Good luck, and see you this evening for the showdown!

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Nice set up fellas look forward to reading about it tonight.

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

i'm gonna have to play either late tonight, or tomorrow. we have a coach's meeting in 20 minutes. sorry, he just told us at the end of practice. i'll see if you're around later.

8. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

That's fine, let's play tomorrow. I have some stuff to do early tomorrow morning so I won't be able to stay up very late tonight. I'm pretty much free after noon (hopefully playing madden...lol!) but it's easier if we can fix a time to avoid any confusion. Let me know what time works for you

9. jca312

jca312 Walk On

cool, text me tomorrow 760 809 8089. Probably between 6:30-7:00pm pst. I might get home a little earlier, but I can't guarantee it.

10. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

ok, so roughly the same time as we planned yesterday. I'll be on 9.30 CT (7.30 PT) . I will be checking back on TF and my email so if you are ready to play early just post here or email me: theohiostbuckeye@gmail.com

11. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I'm not gonna be able to get on til 8 at the earliest, you can put me on auto if you need to, sorry.

12. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

umm...i'd rather play you, but if you can't make it by 10.30 my time (~1 hr from now) would it be cool with u if i played the cpu? sdid: is tonight the advance night?

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Yeah is controller on? He has his game i will put JCA on auto if he is not on by 11:30 est?

14. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

i'm not in the od yet. but i can check

15. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

CA is online in my friends list playing ncaa 10 but he's not showing online in the od. he's probably playing his game against iowa st

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

is jca on

17. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Cornhuskers go down 31-28! Coach JCA couldn't be on the sidelines today, so he sent his CPU counterpart who must have injected his QB and WR's with some magic potion because they kept breaking tackles and making consecutive completions as comeback AI reared its ugly head once again. Coach Pelini consoled his team and praised them for their effort. The Big 12 North is still there for the taking if Pelini can keep his boys focused and get to the Big 12 championship game.