Archived Big 12 Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ticketp1, Dec 30, 2010.

1. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the Big 12. I'm working on some content right now and will post a little later tonight.​
    @DrunkenSoldier feel free to add to the blog.​

• Like Like x 2
  2. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

After beating oklahoma in the Red River shootout Texas takes control of there division and is looking to get back to the Big 12 championship game

3. DrunkenSoldier

Texas still cruising and is 7-0 in conference play, last game is a big one against Texas A&M who is currently 5-1 in conference play so it could come down to the final game to see who represents the South in the Big 12 Championship game, this game will be played week 13

4. DrunkenSoldier

Big 12 Stat Leaders through Week 11

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

dang...24 TDs for Stanley...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. DrunkenSoldier

Ive been privileged to coach a Heisman winner before, Michael Floyd @ Notre Dame, the catch is if Stanley does win, to get him to come back for his Senior year

7. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

OKLAHOMA/FLORIDA MATCHUPS
    QUATERBACK: Advantage Florida (Anthony Swain & Joe Allen)
    Swain & Allen have both seen significant playing time this year, but it seems that Coach Mr2Bits has settled in with Swain at the helm recently. The Gators have the advantage with both of these guys over Oklahoma and Blake Bell. Bell has put up big numbers across the board, including 25 Ints. Bell will have to limit the turnovers if OU is to have any chance to win.
    Running Back: Advantage Oklahoma (Roy Finch & Jimmy Gutierrez)
    Finch has been a stud when healthy this year rushing for over 1,000 yds. in a little over 6 games. As a freshman last year, Gutierrez led the nation in rushing with over 1500 yds while Finch was hurt. These two backs provide a great 1-2 punch for the Sooners. The Gators have some speedy backs, but Mr2Bits go to back has been Clarence Webster. Webster has scored 12 TDs this year and the Sooners must slow him down to win.
    Wide Receiver: Advantage Oklahoma (Kenny Stills & Trey Millard)
    Man for man I give the Sooners the advantage here. Stills and Millard have been outstanding this year for Coach Ticketp1 combining for around 110 rec, 2500 yds and 18 TDs. However, they'll face their stiffest test sine the Texas game against some phenomenal DBs from Florida. Tyrone Gray and Brad Robinson lead the Gators receiving core and will look to have big days against a young and not very talented OU secondary.
    Offensive Line: Advantage Florida
    Going on ratings alone, Florida has the advantage up front although this may be the closest matchup. Florida starts 2 SR, 1 JR, 1 Soph, and 1 Fresh. All are very good and will look to impose their will on the OU front 7. The Sooners start 3 Sr, 1 Jr, and 1 Fresh. The left side of the Sooners line is their strength with two SR. with multiple years of starting experience.
    Defensive Line: Advantage Florida (Floyd, Easley, Harris, and McCullough)
    Wow!! 99, 99, 93, and 94 are these four beasts ratings respectively. It's going to be a real challenge for the Sooners to move the ball on the ground with these four up front. The Sooners front four is depleted and weak. The best Sooner defensive lineman has been out for all but one game this year.
    Linebackers: Advantage Florida (Ziegler, Blake, and Ajagbe)
    The Florida LB crew is about as good as the defensive lineman. With 2 Sr. and 1 Jr, not only are these guys talented but they've played in and started some big games. The Sooners may need to find a bulldozer and suit it up in a Sooner jersey if they want to move the ball on the ground. The Sooners trio Nelson, Harris, and Favors have been the best players for the Sooner defense all year. They'll have to play great again to have any shot of winning.
    Secondary: Advantage Florida (Riggs, Callahan, Haynes, and McClain)
    Another stellar unit for the Coach Mr2Bits to play with on the defensive side of the ball. The Secondary is the youngest unit on the defense for Florida, but they are very talented. The Sooners start 1 Jr, 2 Soph, and 1 Fresh in the secondary and they are all very average. Somehow, Coach Ticketp1 will have to find a way to get them to play above their ability to stop the Florida offense.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You can do it bruh... I won't call the upset but I do think you have enough pride down there in Norman to make Florida earn its W!

9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Believe me, it was an earned W. GG ticket.

10. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

4 INTs, the one on the goaline killed me and the third one I got the coverage I wanted but didn't put enough damn loft on the pass to get over corner. I've got to stop being so risky with my passes.

Your d line was nasty, there would be a hole and then I would get in re hole and all of a sudden it was gone.

GG Bits.

11. DrunkenSoldier

Texas punches there ticket to the Big 12 championship game, now its up to Nebraska. Nebraska plays Colorado week 13, a win in there in as the CornHuskers hold the tiebreaker against Kansas ST with a win head to head. Right now K-State is 6-2 in conference while Nebraska is 5-2.

12. DrunkenSoldier

Big 12 Championship game set.

Texas vs Nebraska

13. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Kansas beat Nebraska 34-31 in OT

14. DrunkenSoldier

You are right Maximus! Texas beats Kansas 59-24 to win the Big 12!

Texas LongHorns Big 12 Champs

15. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Well done Drunken, smoked those fools.