BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by mcyork, Oct 25, 2012.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]
    #1 SMU VS #3 BAYLOR II
    In the 1st match up between these two juggernauts SMU handed Baylor its 1st and only loss of the season back in late September 42-17. In that game we saw the multi talented Mustangs move the ball on the ground to the tune of 372 yards led by QB Brad Simmons 154 yards on 9 carries. SMU and Head Coach Jello1717 have cruised through Big 12 play and are firmly set to repeat as MNC. Baylor is not going to throw in the towel as they have a potent team led by Coach bIllflo and an upset here would more than likely propel them into the MNC game. I look for this game to be closer than the 1st and in fact I am calling for the upset. Prediction Baylor 31 SMU 28.
    [​IMG]
    SMU What to Look For: Where do you start...they spread the ball around and I mean spread. No big heads in this back field as 6 rushers have over 300 yards and 9 players have rushed for a TD. Weakness ummmm don't know if they have one as they have only had 13 TO all year. Baylor needs to stay in their lanes and shadow the QB to hope to stop this offense. Either that or just score with them and hope they have the ball last. On D they are sound and play with the ball in front of them. Lots of speed on the field..not a weak link in the two deep. CRAZY STAT!!!! SMU has only had 35 Kick Off Returns all season add to the fact that 1 happens each game that means the opposing team has only kicked off to them 23 times after scoring.
    [​IMG]
    Baylor What to Look For: This is your meat and potato offense. Led by SUPER FROSH Nick Skinner (73% completions 42 TD's 7 Int's 3257 yards through the air another 605 yards on the ground) the Bears have gone 11-1 on the season. Joined in the backfield with Skinner is SR RB BJ Allen who led the team with 1107 yards on the ground and 5 scores. Skinners top targets are TE Rhett "Gone with the Wind" Butler (10 TD's), SO WR Jason Haas (12 TD's) and JR Nick Richard (8 TD's). On D look out for DT Suleiman Masumbuko (19 TFL, 12 sacks ,4 FF) and SS Ryan Kirkpatrick the teams Leading tackler and INT leader. CRAZY STAT...Skinner surpassed Robert Griffen III Heisman season QB rating of 189.5 on the season.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Three L's

• Like Like x 1
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Wow... I thought i had this... Ya ass... Good stuff though.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It's partly that (I think that UVA is the only user team to give up fewer points than SMU) but it's also partly because of touchbacks. There's the new rule that gives you touchbacks on the 25 and the fact that my return guys struggle to get the ball to the 25.

KR.JPG

That combination means that if the kickoff is inside the 5 yard line, more times than not I'm perfectly content to just take the ball at the 25.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

jello1717 man you got some kickers in the Big 12 cause I can't reach the endzone with my kicker unless you got 20 mph winds behind him and you let him kick off from the 50...

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Like I said, if the ball is inside the 5 I'll likely take the touchback. It doesn't need to cross the goal line in the air for me to let it go.

9. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

BEARS!!!!!!!

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

You hear that Ed? Bears.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Masler

Masler Moderator

snooze ya LOSE