Big 12 Championship Nebraska vs. Texas

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Big 12 Championship Nebraska vs. Texas

Nebraska and Texas schedule up Conference championship week is up.

2. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

[​IMG]

After many intense battles for 13 weeks, it is finally time for Texas and Nebraska to take the field for the Big XII Championship Game! While Texas had to watch the Bedlam rivalry with their fingers crossed, Nebraska were anxious to know who they were going to play in the big game. 2009 saw Oklahoma State take on 2008 Texas Tech's role in forcing the Big 12 south race to come down to the wire. Pickens must be proud of their season! A little further up north, Tom Osbourne and company are smiling too, having come a long way from Bill Callahan's disappointing stint which saw the Cornhuskers stumble to lows never imagined in Lincoln.

Drama:

Fireworks were seen in Austin after the Sooners downed the Cowboys - Heisman hopeful Colt McCoy and his pal Jordan Shipley have a rare chance that they weren't fortunate enough to have last year - a spot in the Big XII title game and, with a little luck, a BCS National Championship bid. This is the opportunity Colt has been dreaming about from the beginning of the season. There will be no excuses this time. If they beat the Cornhuskers as the pundits in Las Vegas predict, the Sooners will be relegated to a lower bowl - sweet revenge for last year's snub for Mack Brown and his Texas boys!

There is jubilation up in Lincoln, but there is also a sense of anxiety. With their starting QB Lee injured and their star #2 RB questionable for the game, Nebraska fans fear that the Cornhuskers may not even be able to keep it close against the talented Longhorns. Bo Pelini has delivered in his second year, and no matter what the result of the championship game, this season will be considered a success. With better athletes and coaching continuity, things can only improve for Big Red in the future.

Keys to the game

For Texas to win: Not screw up. If Colt is his usual self and Shipley manages to stay focused, this game could get ugly very soon. RB Oku should find enough room to run if Colt can force the Cornhuskers into playing soft zones. With a strong offense and a good run defense, the pieces are in place for Mack Brown (skipwondah) to win this one and make it to the BCS this year.

For Nebraska to win: Play lights out defense. Have success running the ball. Force turnovers. Control the clock. This will be a huge upset if it happens, but expect Bo Pelini to keep his boys focused and well prepared. He may have a couple of surprise blitzes up his sleeve for Colt.

Prediction: Texas 38 - 21 Nebraska

3. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Skipwondah when would you like to play this one?

4. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Nice write-up OB, we didn't need all that press though lol. Your team did just as much a solid job all season to get to this point as well.

I'm free tomorrow around 5:30 est.

5. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Ah F it, if your on now let me know, we can go ahead and play now.

6. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

sorry skip...unfortunately i didn't see your visitor msg till now. 5.30 est tomorrow sounds good. i'll send you a friend request tomorrow. what's your psn?

7. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Its cool man just seen you on and though I'd try. I was tired as well and after I sent it, I was like damn now I don't feel like playing lol.

psn - skipwondah33

8. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Added you. FYI..my starting QB is down and the remaining guys are scramblers. I'll be using cincinnati's pb if it's cool with you (using one back so far).