Big 12 Media days 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Big 12 Media days 2010

[​IMG]

Texas Longhorns

Coach you guys had a down year by Texas sized standards, what was the focus in the off season?

How is your QB situation this season?

What do you have coming back on defense?

Are there any changes in the schemes on offense or defense?

(Insert player name) has to play big for texas to win the Big 12.

BIG 12 Champion-

Big 12 offensive player of the year-

Big 12 defensive player of the year-

Big 12 Coach of the year-

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Nebraska

[​IMG]

Nebraska Cornhuskers​

You earned that Big 12 crown after being narrowly defeated, now you have played for the BCS Championship and came up short, is a National Title awaiting for the Huskers?

Who will replace Helu?

You are a defensive minded coach, how will this unit fare this season?

What are the points you will stress this season to make sure your team does not get complacent?

Big 12 champion-

Big 12 offensive player of year-

Big 12 defensive player of year-

Big 12 coach of the year-

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Texas tech

[​IMG]

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Coach you were one of the surprise teams in the Big 12 last year, how will you build on the fresh start?

Have you been able to enforce your philosophy in defense yet?

Will we still see the "Air Raid" Mike Leach attack or will you go to your pro-style we are custom to seeing your teams run?

When do you expect this team to be able to win the South?

Big 12 champ

Big 12 off POY

Big 12 def POY

Big 12 coach of the year

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

TAMU

[​IMG]

Texas A & M Aggies

After a fast start the team fell off, why did this happen and what did you do to fix it going into 2011?

WHo will be the enforcer on defense this season?

Who is in line to replace Jerrod Johnson?

Where does this team place in the Big 12?

Big 12 Champ

Big 12 off POY

Big 12 def POY

Big 12 Coach of the year

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

[​IMG]

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Coach you are taking over for a semi successful team. This team has come close to getting in the Big 12 Championship game but have not done it yet. What will you do to get over the hump?

First things first we need to fix this offense. I dont believe in the air it out and it will be gone. Sorry fans but that times is come and gone. We are going to be more balanced and improve every side of the ball. U make a mistake u run a mile. U drop the ball u run a mile. U fumble the ball i will break my foot off in ur ass. u dont fumble my football

What are you going to do to shape up this defense? Over the years it has let you down.

They are going to be more disciplined and pay more attention to their assignments. We are going to be bigger faster and stronger than we ever were. We are going to be more intelligent and be better prepared

Will we still see the "Air Raid" Mike Leach attack or will you go to your pro-style we are custom to seeing your teams run?

We are going my pro style offense. I dont believe in throwing it everywhere. Defense needs time to breathe and we need to balance things out alot more.

Who are your leaders on this team?

potts is our leader and he looks forward to less throwing and a balanced attack

Now i came here to win now not down the road. I will find players who want to win now and those are the guys who will be playing on saturday

Big 12 champ Texas Tech

Big 12 off POY Potts

Big 12 def POY Brian Duncan

Big 12 coach of the year i dont care as long as not me its a team game not a me game

6. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Nebraska Cornhuskers​

You were seconds away from a Big 12 crown. How did the returning players handle the disappointment?

Disappointing is only one of the emotions that ran through our locker room following the Big XII title game, throw in some frustration, anger and you get a good feel for what was going on in our locker room. However, we took it as a learning experience. We learned that we need to finish games and not put it in the hands of officials or letting it come down to one drive. We learned that we are not going to be given anything, we have to take the opportunities put in front of us.

Who will start at QB for the Huskers and why?

While it has been a discussion amongst fans and the media, it was never any question with the coaching staff. As long as Zac Lee is healthy, he will be our starting quarterback week 1. We feel that Zac knows the offense and has the experience. Cody and Taylor still have some learning to do. With that being said, the offense MUST improve over last year. Lee may start the year at QB, but if we do not improve don't be surprised to see someone else taking snaps.

You have to replace some great talent on defense most notably Ndamukong Suh. You are a defensive minded coach, how will this unit fare this season?

Losing a player like Suh would be difficult for any team. But, I believe we have the depth to account for losing Suh. While, it's great to be able to rely on an amazing player over the course of a season it may be more beneficial to rely on the depth that we have. Another plus, will be that the back seven are more experienced this should help the Blackshirts to keep pressure on opposing offenses.

What are the points you will stress this season to make sure your team returns to the Big 12 CCG?

It's simple, we need to focus. We need to play a solid 60 minutes of football, if we are to make a return to trip to Dallas. We cannot afford another eight turnover game like we had against ISU last year. We cannot afford last minute losses, like we had at VT or against Texas. If we can focus and execute there is no reason we should not make it back to the Big XII title game. I think it goes without saying, that we have some unfinished business in Dallas.

You play Texas in the regular season. Is this a make or break game in regards to your season?

Absolutely, not. People in Texas may like to think that "everything's bigger in Texas," but that simply is not the case. Every game counts and if we want to achieve our goals, we need to take it one game at a time. It's when you start looking ahead is when you stumble. This is the thought amongst the team. However, if you ask the fans or the media they will likely have a different answer.

Big 12 champion- Nebraska

Big 12 offensive player of year- DeMarco Murray, RB, OU

Big 12 defensive player of year- Prince Amukamara, CB, NU

Big 12 coach of the year- Coach Dean, Texas A&M

7. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Mike Sherman

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach Sherman were waiting . . .

9. NDCOLTS1979

He's scared. The red raiders changes has him going into hiding

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hey Greg I like how you threw the "team game" part in there. The "Bo Way" is rubbin' off on you, lol. The Big 12 will be interesting. I still believe the first NCAA '11 SoCom champ will come out of Florida but it'll be interesting, very interesting.

Good Job with the interviews

11. NDCOLTS1979

Lol yeah i had to. its the way i roll as a coach. I dont want the credit lets the boys in the uniform take it. Im there to just smile and look sexy lol

12. Dean

Dean Walk On

Texas A&M​

Coach you have a big time NFL prospect in QB Jerrod Johnson. Some people have him on their Heisman watch list. How has he progressed since last season?

We've have seen him get better as a leader this year. It's his Senior season and he wants to go out a winner. He has all the tools be successful on this level and the next. The more he matures the better we will be.

Von Miller is an absolute stud edge pass rusher. How will be be utilized this season?

We have to get him into open space and use his speed. There isn't a OL that can match his explosiveness. We have now implemented a 3-4 scheme, so Von will be primarily a DE, but will occasionally stand up and play as a OLB

You have a ton of rushing yards returning this season . Will this team rely on Johnson's arm the running game or will it be a balance?

Christine Michael will be the workhorse, but Cyrus Gray will definitely get plenty of touches. They combined to rush for over 1600 yards. Their consistent production will allow for JJ to make plays with is arm.

Who is the best player on your team no one talks about?

WR Jeff Fuller. He's a big receiver standing 6'4 215 lbs and a big target for JJ. He hauled in 41 rec 568 yards 7 TD, missed 4 games, and still was named to the Big 12 Honorable Mention team. He has strong hands and the ability to go and get the ball in any situation.

You return 16 starters this is a make or break year for you at A & M, your thoughts on the upcoming season.

We haven't been this excited for a season in a long time.18 true freshman saw major minutes last year and we be ready to contribute even more this year. We have arguably the best offensive in the nation, the only thing holding us back has been the defense. Another big concern is staying consistent. Last year we lose @K-State 62-14, the following week we beat Texas Tech 52-30, get blasted by OU 65-10, then crush Baylor 38-3.We hope to restore this proud football tradition and bring A&M back to the days of "The Wrecking Crew."

Big 12 Champ- Texas A&M

Big 12 off POY- Blaine Gabbert, Mizzou

Big 12 def POY- Von Miller, A&M

Big 12 Coach of the year- NDcolts, Texas Tech

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Time to vote

vote for post season awards

Coach of the year

off POY

def POY

yes you can vote for cpu controlled coach or players me and jerz will break ties.

14. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

do coaches from other conferences vote?

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

16. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Big 12 awards

Coach of The Year: NDColts (Texas Tech)

Offensive Player of The Year: Roy Helu Jr (Nebraska)

Deffensive player of the year: Zac Cotton (Baylor)

17. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Votes:

Coach of the Year: Texas Tech (ND Colts)

Offensive Player of the Year: Roy Helu, Jr., RB, Nebraska

Defensive Player of the Year: Jake Laptad, RE, Kansas

18. NDCOLTS1979

Big 12 awards

Coach of The Year: spliff616 (Nebraska)

Offensive Player of The Year: Roy Helu Jr (Nebraska)

Deffensive player of the year: Zac Cotton (Baylor)[/

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

questions updated

20. NDCOLTS1979

Coach you were one of the surprise teams in the Big 12 last year, how will you build on the fresh start?
    I wouldnt say it was a surprise. Potts was a very great Qb we had a year we expected to for the most part. Its going to hard to build without Potts and not having a very good recruiting class but we will do what we do and play hard

Have you been able to enforce your philosophy in defense yet?
    Defense was alot easier to enforce than the offense. We had players who were ready to play some ball on the defensive side and really stepped up

The pro-style really started to sink in toward the end of the year and we will continue to build on that. The Air Raid garbage is gone for good in Lubbock

I am hoping this year but we didnt get the class we needed. If we get the class needed this year then next year will be our year

Big 12 champ: Nebraska

Big 12 off POY: not sure really

Big 12 def POY: not sure really

Big 12 coach of the year: Nebrask

21. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

damn where is texas, nebraska and tamu lets go

22. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

You earned that Big 12 crown after being narrowly defeated, now you have played for the BCS Championship and came up short, is a National Title awaiting for the Huskers?

That is the plan, but it's going to be a lot of work. Last year, it seemed like the cards fell into place just right to put us in that position. However, I consider last year to be more of a fluke occurrence. If we are to get back to that spot we are going to have to earn it, a two loss season is not going to put us back into the National Championship game again.

Who will replace Helu?

It will be Junior running back, Rex Burkhead. I don't imagine much of a drop off in production. Rex did a great job when he spelled Roy last year. I'm more worried about replacing some of the people that we lost on the offensive line. That will be the key to our running game this year.

You are a defensive minded coach, how will this unit fare this season?

I think we are going to be okay. We had a solid unit last year, we were able to make some stops when they counted most. The one area that we need to improve is generating turnovers. The first couple of games started strong but towards the end of the season we couldn't get anything in the area of turnovers. This problem may be compounded with the youth that we have in the secondary this year.

What are the points you will stress this season to make sure your team does not get complacent?

I don't think complacency will be an issue this year. If we could have pulled off the upset that may be a different story, but I think last year only wetted our appetite. We've been close, but we don't want to settle for close. We want another shot at the title.