BIG 12 MEDIA DAYS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

BIG 12 MEDIA DAYS

BIG 12 MEDIA DAYS

[​IMG]

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

TEXAS

[​IMG]

Coach you have a Heisman candidate at QB in Gilbert, what has he done in the off-season to improve?

Your RB Whaley has been good, but not great can you get a 1,000 yard season out of him?

Will any freshmen or RS Freshemn from the highly touted recruiting classes of the last two years make an impact for the Longhorns this season?

WHat is the strength of the defense?

BIG 12 Champion-

Big 12 offensive player of the year-

Big 12 defensive player of the year-

Big 12 freshman of the year-

Big 12 Coach of the year-

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

NEBRASKA

[​IMG]

IS fan favorite Taylor Marinez the man at QB this season?

What do you have in the running game?

You are a defensive minded coach, how will this unit fare this season?

Can Nebraska land the recruits to keep pace with Texas on the field?

Will Compton is a preseason AA, what does he mean to this team?

Big 12 champion-

Big 12 offensive player of year-

Big 12 defensive player of year-

Big 12 freshman of year-

Big 12 coach of the year-

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

MISSOURI

[​IMG]

Missouri was unable to defend the North last season, why?

What will be the areas toughest to replace due to graduation etc.?

Who are your playmakers this season?

What are you looking for in this recruiting class?

Big 12 Champions-

Big 12 freshman of year-

Big 12 Coach of year-

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

BAYLOR

[​IMG]

Robert Griffin is a bonafide Heisman candidate, what will you do to market him?

Does Griffin have enough playmakers around him to post Heisman worthy numbers?

What do you have on defense?

Can you outduel Texas this season?

What is the strength of your defense?

Big 12 Champions-

Big 12 freshman of year-

Big 12 coach of year-

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

bumped

7. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

[​IMG]

8. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

[​IMG]

You were seconds away from a Big 12 crown. How did the returning players handle the disappointment?

Its behind us. Now my players understand why fighting for that extra yard, second, etc is really important. It will be our fuel to carry us into dominance.

Who will start at QB for the Huskers and why?

Zac Lee. Alot of people are going to say that this is a foolish move, but I feel that the struggles we had last year come from more than just Zac. It takes 11 men working in unison for an offense to function. We have an improved O-Line and a very talented back field. Additionally, Zac has many weapons to throw the ball to in TE McNeil and WRs Nyles Paul. Zac Lee knows how to lead our team and he will be our man this Fall.

You have to replace some great talent on defense most notably Ndamukong Suh. You are a defensive minded coach, how will this unit fare this season?

We are the blackshirts. Plus I've got a guy that could be better than Suh. Jared Crick. 6-6 285 Freak of nature. Jared has a motor that runs 1000MPH. Plus he was able to watch Suh progress and only being a junior means he will have 2 season left.

What are the points you will stress this season to make sure your team returns to the Big 12 CCG?

1. Make Every Game Count - We must understand that every game we play must be played with the intensity as a National Championship game. Every Snap, Tackle, Pancake, etc must be executed like it is the last time any of the these players will see the field again.

2. Limit Turnovers - Giving the ball away 10 times to Iowa State is how you get your ass beat. If you want to dominate, You have to be taking the ball away not handing it out like candy.

3. Finish to the Wistle- We know very well that it isnt over until the wistle blows. we must block, tackle and execute our assignments if we want to better than last year.

You play Texas in the regular season. Is this a make or break game in regards to your season?

Every game we play this year weather is a less prestigious school or a major powerhouse contender. We have to take each game like its all or nothing. A lot of people will want to make something of the UT NU game but we are here to Ball. And ball is what we shall do!

Would you rather be caught in a hurricane or a tornado?

Tornado, They are Just like Hack's Mom, Short and Sweet.

Big 12 champion- NEBRASKA

Big 12 offensive player of year- Jerrod Johnson - QB - TAMU

Big 12 defensive player of year- JARED CRICK - DL - NEB

Big 12 freshman of year- Luke Joeckel - OL - TAMU

Big 12 coach of the year- H22 - BAYLOR

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

good shit fellas two more to go

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

When will Baylor matter?

This season, and every one after it.

Is Robert Griffin ready to return to full speed after the knee injury?

He looked good in workouts and practice earlier this year, and he has continued to improve. By the time the season rolls around, he should be back in top form. While not expecting anything bad to happen, we will leave the offense in his hands, and let him do what he feels he can do. If that means tearing apart the defense with some well placed passes to his receivers, so be it. If that means making the LB's wish they weren't playing Baylor, that works also.

What do you have on defense?

Youth and speed. Gobs of it. That doesn't always translate into talent, but it is a good recipe for a solid scheme. DT Phil Taylor will be our anchor. Without him, the rest of the D crumbles. He is the epicenter of the atomic blast. I only hope the defense can perform like one.

Have you recruited the talent to get Baylor in the Big 12 championship picture in the future?

Yes. We have some very talented young players that have the potential to step up and make a huge impact this year. Our JUCO transfers will play big roles on the offensive line, and the freshman that will play in the secondary have the chance to make or break this defense.

How do you feel you team came out of Spring practice?

With room to improve. But we also got a more solid understanding of what we really have on our depth chart. There is talent here, but it needs to be moved and massaged into a cohesive unit to take the utmost advantage of what we have. There were quite a few moves made on the defensive line. Guys got bigger and moved inside, LB's made the move to DE, and a DT even moved to FB. Tell me that's not a scary thought.

If you could set the over/under on your teams wins what would it be set at?

7, bowl game is a must with the offensive talent we have.

Big 12 Champions -Texas - talent and coaching

Big 12 offensive player of year - Robert Griffin (if healthy), otherwise Roy Helu JR (anybody that played '09 knows what I mean)

Big 12 defensive player of year - Brian Duncan - Texas Tech

Big 12 freshman of year - I'll get back to you.

Big 12 coach of year - Since everybody is pulling for me, I'll go with Hack. He will need the biggest output to overcome some talent issues.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Coach you guys came up short against Alabama. What has the attitude been like in Austin since the loss?

We are upbeat and ready to go. We expect nothing less then a BCS championship and anything less is dissapointing, but it also drives us to work harder as coaches and players in the offseason.

Your Qb was thrown in the fire against arguably the best defense in the country on the biggest stage in the sport. What did he take away from that game to prepare him to take over for the winningest QB in college football history?

He can play at that level on the biggest stage. As the coach I need to take some of the heat for him not being more successfull in that game. One of the greatest attributes of Colt was his durability, so when he got hurt Garrett Gilbert didnt have the reps that were needed to go into a game of that magnitude. That said he performed pretty well and a couple balls our WRs could have helped him out also.

The defense had NFL guys on it last year and that was proven in the latest draft. What do you have coming back on defense? Leaders?

The leader up front on D is DT Kheeston Randall a beast of a man with size and speed and power..He can change a game. At LB we have super Soph Emmanuel Acho. In the defensive backfield we have another Stud hard hitting SS in Soph Christian Scott.

You have not been able to get much out of the running game lately. Will there be a focus to run the ball this year?

Right now there is a ton of youth here we will pound the ball to help out our young QB and Wrs. Right now the front runner at that spot is Jr. Foswhitt Whittaker, it is far from locked up right now we are waiting to see who emerges from fall practice. I will say this we were very impressed with some of the young guns brought in at this position.

The schedule is favorable but anytime you have to play Oklahoma and a CCG it gets iffy. Can this Longhorn team return to the BCS championship game or is that too much to ask from this squad?

We can and we will.

Who is the best player you ever coached?

Ricky Williams.

BIG 12 Champion- Texas

Big 12 offensive player of the year- WR Malcolm Williams

Big 12 defensive player of the year- Ill get back to you. But I expect he will come from our team.

Big 12 freshman of the year- Texas Freshman Josh Turner (Turner is an electrifying skill player with the speed and quickness needed to produce and shine in all three phases of the game at the next level. A great athlete with play-maker potential. He has a strong, wiry frame in need of additional bulk but is such a quick-twitched athlete)

Big 12 Coach of the year- I am not sure on this, not familure with these other coaches yet.

[​IMG]

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

good work boss media days complete!

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

questions updated on first page for the 2011 season

14. BRUCE80

I will get this done tonight when I have my roster in front of my nose, good stuff.

15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Hey, an improvement of 3 games in the win column, exactly as predicted, 7 wins. Third in the South, pretty freaking good. 3-1 in rivalry games, and a loss against the Sooners that really stung, we had that game. We improve by another 3 wins, that puts us at 10. I'd take that. And if those 3 extra wins come in conference, that means we are champs in the South.

Improved decision making, a willingness to scramble, and hopefully a first-team All Big12 candidate

Speed, and hopefully some talented youth. Gary Mason should see a lot of attention this season after his performance last season. That should hopefully open up some room for everybody else to make plays.

9 wins, and contention for the Big12 South. Just need to beat Texas. And everybody else. It is the Big12 South, it is never easy.

Offense - Terrence Ganaway --- Defense - Tracy Robertson

Big 12 Champions- Texas, incredible recruiting class, and talent as usual

Big 12 offensive player of year- Robert Griffin III, Baylor - needs a big year for Baylor to have a big year

Big 12 defensive player of year- Gary Mason, Baylor - dark horse no more

Big 12 freshman of year- Aaron Benson, Texas

Big 12 coach of year- Tracy-GBR

16. T2

Missouri hunted you guys down and took the North. How did the returning players handle the disappointment?

We just didn't do enough to get the job done. we are are 7 points and 2 wins away from being Big12 champs. We are really to roll.

Is Mr. Burkhead ready to be the guy?

Rex should be poised for a break out year. last year we struggled in the ground game. We are ready to bring back our rushing attack.

You are a defensive minded coach, how will this unit fare this season?

The blackshirts look impressive this year. Our front 7 will be leading the way behind stand out DT Jared Crick. We are big, fast and strong. Our secondary is also very talented. While we lack some quality depth in the secondary I believe we can shut down any offense on our schedule.

What has to happen to make sure your team returns to the Big 12 CCG?

Finish games. We let Mizzou and Texas sneak away, we were 1 possession short in both of those games and we have to what it takes to make sure we are the right side of those games.

Will there be any true freshmen starters or contributors this year?

We do have a few Freshman who will help us provide depth.

Big 12 champion- NEBRASKA

Big 12 offensive player of year- Rex Burkhead

Big 12 defensive player of year- Jared Crick

Big 12 freshman of year- some clown from Texas.

Big 12 coach of the year-H22

17. BRUCE80

[​IMG]

18. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Waiting on Missouri

20. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

[​IMG]

The off season was not as great as expected. Failed to get some key guys to commit that has left some voids in the defense. We hope to play better this year to convince more young guys that Mizzou is the place to be! Being able to keep Blaine Gabbert for his Senior year will certainly help keep our potent offense rolling on all cylinders again this season...

Communication.... We missed alot of opportunities based on the lack of chatter on the field.. WRs running wrong routes, defenders pulling off man coverage without a backup to cover, etc...

Offensively, nothing surprising. We will get to see more from the speedster Kendial Lawrence at running back with the departure of Derrick Washington. Gabbert is still the man under center and all of the starting WR core is back and ready to roll!

Defensively, we lost 6 starters, so it will be tough to pick up the pieces. Alot of new faces at the LB and Secondary positions, but I am confident that these guys can pick it up where we left off..

Suck it long.. and suck it hard - Mizzou gunna repeat!

Texas

Blaine Gabbert - Mizzou

Gary Mason - Baylor

Aaron Benson - Texas

Tracy - Statistically, can't be any worse than he was last year

21. T2

Coach of the Year

Tracy - Statistically, can't be any worse than he was last year

Amen!

22. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

new batch of questions up

23. T2

24. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

MISSOURI​

[​IMG]

Our one conference loss came at the hand of our North foe, the Nebraska Cornhuskers.. The defense failed to contain Nebraska's HB in that game, allowing him to gain big yards on multiple screen passes. Offensively, we weren't much better, turning the ball over 4 times, 3 of which where in the red zone. We must learn to minimizes mistakes in the big game if we want to win the North again this year.

We lost a great leader in Blaine Gabbert, so QB James Franklin will have some big shoes to fill this season as he takes control of the Mizzou spread. Our defense has the biggest holes though, having two true freshman starters and a handful more that are playing a backup or secondary defense role.

We will be returning a stud WR in L Damian Washington who proved to be one of Gabbert's more favorite targets last year before missing a few games from an injury. Senior HB Kendial Lawrence also has some high hopes on the field so hopefully we can find him some better looks and holes early on to give him momentum.

The defense is in desperate need of some playmakers all over the field. With the offense still having some depth, I hope to be able to build a quality base defense before needing to worry about finding some studs on the offense.

Texas Longhorns

Garrett Gilbert

Will Compton

MLB Scott Joseph

H22

25. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I can't do much to market him. This is college ball. But, if he performs well on the big stage, in the big games, he will end up where he deserves. He has a lot of his supporting talent back to help him out this year. If the stars align, we may see some interesting things from Baylor.

His top 3 receivers are back from last season. Both TE's are back. I think that makes 5 out of his top 6 targets from last season returning. If guys step up and play for the team, the team may end up rewarding one of its own. The biggest thing that is needed this season is balance. We need production from the backfield. Salubi and Isaac Williams need to produce on the ground to take pressure away from Griffin. Williams has stepped it up this year. He was buried on the depth chart last year, but worked as a returner for us. This year, he should make an impact in all facets of the game.

Finally I can say this. Experience. This is the third season that this secondary has been working together. At LB, Chris McAllister is starting his third season. Rodney Chadwick is a SR and starting for the second year. The big question mark, but I also believe huge bright spot is LeQuince McCall. He got some time in last year, but was out half the year with an injury. He will be solid in our run defense. John Jean looks to step in the nickel package and provide us with a solid "pass first" defender. Some say the question mark would be the defensive line. We graduated three seniors from last seasons starters. That is hard to overcome. But I believe we did it. We brought in two JUCO's that are loaded with talent. They immediately stepped up and filled the two gaping holes at DT. We promoted from within to replace Zac Scotton. Terrance Lloyd has been waiting patiently for his chance, and he has now gotten it. Let's see what the young man can do.

If there is a year where we match up well, this is the one. Too bad it is at DKR. Iowa State proved it was possible, let's see if Baylor can be the next.

MLB Chris McAllister has really matured into a great player. He is the cornerstone of both our pass and our run defense. If he is making plays, our defense is on point.

Big 12 Champions- Texas Longhorns - Hard to pick against the talent

Big 12 offensive player of year- Robert Griffin III - will be relied upon heavily if Baylor makes a run for it

Big 12 defensive player of year- Will Compton - anchor of a solid run defense

Big 12 freshman of year- Scott Joseph - going to fill a big spot on that Missouri defense

Big 12 coach of year- H22 - if he adds another two wins again this season