Big 12 Predictions

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jmillhimes, Jul 20, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Big 12 Predictions

Im Thinking..

Big 12 North
    Kansas
    Kansas St
    Iowa State

Nebraska rebounds with a win in the NORTH.

Big 12 South
    Texas A&M
    Texas Tech
    Baylor

The South Looks to run the Big 12. I think every team with the exception of Texas Tech has improved. I think this is the year Tech takes a step back. I still think Texas has Oklahoma's number. I think Oklahoma State could knock off the Sooners but I wont put money on that. Baylor has a great QB in Robert Griffin 15 TD's 3 INT's. I dont think that will be enough to win a confrence title but could maybe get them into a Bowl game.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Big 12 North
    Nebraska
    Missouri
    Colorado
    Kansas
    Kansas St
    Iowa State

I think it's Nebraska's to lose. Missouri will not be near as good as last year, but will compete. Colorado is on the upswing but is still young and will have a hard time winning away games.

Big 12 South
    Oklahoma
    Texas
    Oklahoma St
    Texas Tech
    Baylor
    Texas A&M

Orakpo and the rest of the defensive pass rush is the only reason Texas beat Oklahoma. Bradford will have all day to throw and will dice them up. If Murray stays healthy, they will have a lot more to worry about than the hurry-up. McCoy will not have as good a year as he had last year. The offense will be better, but an imporved running game will take the load off of his shoulders. Tech will not be as good, and I don't see how anyone can expect them to after losing Crabtree alone. They will still be dangerous and will beat someone they aren't supposed to. But look for them to stumble against someone who isn't supposed to beat them (namely Baylor).

The winner of Baylor/A&M will determine who gets last place. A&M will be better but it's a terrible time to be mediocre in the Big XII south. Baylor is on an upswing much like colorado. There is finally talent in Waco, but it is young talent in key positions. There games will be closer this year and Robert Griffin will have to step up to put them over the six win hump and into a bowl game for the first time in around a decade.

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

WOW...Baylor has not been to a Bowl game since 1994. (Alamo Bowl). You dont think Johnson will add that spark to A&M? Hopefully, they atleast knock off the Horns

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think Johnson will have a good year. I'm really excited about all of the young, speedy talent we have. I think we will see another 5-7 true freshmen get significant playing time again. The O-Line absolutely has to stay healthy this year, which has been a significant player in the demise of our offense late in the season the past few years. Our defense can't get any worse, so it's only up from here. We did a lot of switching around and changed up the scheme a bit in the spring. I really hope it pays off like I think it will.

I really think Baylor is going to be better than they were last year. They have had major upgrades at almost all skill positions. Art Briles offense has always been hard to stop. If they can play defense, then I think they have a shot at topping six wins.