Big 12 / SEC Challenge

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Big 12 / SEC Challenge

I've been looking at this, and it looks like something like this might work. These conferences are the hardest for me to schedule, since many time, they play only one user game a year (sometimes two, sometimes none). Now, there's the championship games to consider, but we might be able to create a kind of yearly pre-season tourney kind of thing with these teams.

What do you guys think?

The Big Ten and ACC are tougher, since some teams have three user games built in (Michigan, and many times FSU), but it seems like I'm always struggling to schedule non-con games for the big 12 and the non-UF SEC teams.

Also, I think we might be able to create some kind of "Battle for the Panhandle State" kind of recognition if we're going to keep putting UF, MIami and FSU head-to-head every year. We could even create a trophy for each, and give it out like the champ stuff (which reminds me - I have to add some hardware to Basis's account).

Anyway, with the season coming, I thought I'd pitch these things.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I like all these ideas. I tried to get Miami on the schedule last year, and the Miami coach shriveled into a corner and wouldn't take the bait ;) :D

Ironically though, I ended up with the toughest schedule last season. My user games were:
    - AT Oklahoma (Bruce80)
    - AT LSU (Geauxlden)
    - FSU (AMP)
    - Alabama (Bruce80)
    - Notre Dame (Dat)

For 2010, I should definitely have Oklahoma coming to Gainesville, but other than that you can schedule me anyone.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This makes sense. So, to balance things, should I send the Tigers to Lincoln, or do we want to make it a SEC at home one year, Big 12 at home the other?

AG

4. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

I'm game. It doesn't matter to me if I play at home or on the road. Whatever the other guys want to do is fine.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Florida came to Norman in '09 so I'm going there in '10...My only request is to NOT have a brutal Game#1 so I can get a feel for my new team then let it go how you see fit.

6. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Yeah, I second that. Game 1 is time to get a feel for your team. I wish my Sooners would have considered this before scheduling BYU.

7. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

If we're putting out scheduling requests, as a follow up from last year I have to head to West Point sometime this year.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That makes sense. I don't know if I'm going to keep my game with the Cadets going or not. Have to look at things and see how they shake out.

It'll probably have more to do with who is already playing who than anything else.

Ex. My default schedule has Miami coming to the 'Shoe - but if Miami is playing a return game with OU, then FSU, UF, AND GT - I may have to find someone else to play. This is the kind of stuff I have to find a way to work around. I'll post a thread for requests, and let you guys know what the difficulties for me are.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

no i dont need to play OU. just schedule me whatever works out best. oh an i would like 8 home games por favor.

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Being scared is natural...Fight or Flight. Cole has chosen his fate. :D

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This from the guy who asked to play Army in the other thread.

12. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, because Army was the only team I mentioned...At least I didn't refuse any team. Boo-yah!