BIG 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jmillhimes, Sep 25, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

BIG 12

Wow...

Texas A&M
    Texas
    Nebraska
    Texas Tech

nice. This should be fun

2. danielm025

danielm025 "Wreck 'em Tech!"

Definitely, especially considering that all of us here in the South are rivals. It will definitely play a huge role in recruiting during the season next year. Looking forward to the challenge!

3. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

How did we end up with three in the South?

4. danielm025

I requested Texas Tech and it was given to me.

5. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Not trying to single anyone out. I just thought that we balanced conferences that had two divisions?

6. danielm025

I see... If you think about it, all the other conferences are even with their 4 teams. The only reason you might think that we not is because we have a conference championship game. If remember right there used to be Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas A&M as users in the south division before I came here. I might be wrong though? All in all, whether we're split up evenly between divisions or not, it really doesn't matter because all of the other conferences have to play each other regardless. Besides, it just makes the South more competitive as in real life. Just my .02 :) Now if it does become an issue, I'll take a North team.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Unless someone is really pissed about the South, I don't see a reason to deny a guy his RL team for the sake of "balanced" divisions in the Big 12.

But I am willing to listen to an argument.

8. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Im down with the South being packed..More Teams equal more talent and more close games.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Sounds good to me! :D

Time for Nebraska to lock down the North!

Im going to focus really hard on recruiting next season to rebuild the Huskers back into a classic Nebraska squad. Also look for Nebraska's Vince Young clone QB next season, he should handle all FleXbox One/option duties.

10. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

You gonna run the FleXbox One?

Awesome!

I'm going to be implimenting a bit of it this season and probably gravitate toward it/some combination of a spread offense either this season or the next depending on what my QB/RB/FB/WR situation looks like.

11. danielm025

Uh oh, better get my 4-2-5 ready ;)

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Oh im very familiar with the 4-2-5 ;)

Yes Im going to be running the fleXbox One... hopefully about 30%-40% of the time depending on the situation and my opponent.
    I still have Zac Lee too... so Nebraska will be utilizing a dual quarterback system.

13. danielm025

Well that's not good because I'm not familiar with the 4-2-5 at all. I just know that it is good against spread/fleXbox One (Thanks Mors!) offenses lol. ;) I'm a 4-3 guy all the way.

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

The 4-2-5 is the cheesiest fuckin' defense.

Be a man and play a REAL defense (aka the 4-3 or 3-4).

15. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I did not think we could use the 4-2-5 here? Am I wrong Shaun?

16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I don't know if we ever made a rule, but I have heard it is cheesy.

Someone fill me in on why.:)

17. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I think I may be thinking about the Tradition Madden rules that only allows 4-3 and 3-4 defenses?

18. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It is cheesy because the only two types of offenses that can truly be successful (and even that is debatable) are offenses that either do nothing but run it up the middle power run style (and even then, it's VERY tough) or spread it out and throw the ball.

Trying to run the ball offtackle or outside is simply impossible because of the alignment of the two safeties on the outside. Because of their alignment and how utterly atrocious the blocking AI is in this game, outside running is impossible because ~75% of the time, they completely miss their blocks or if they don't completely miss them, they're only hold the block long enough for you to get outside of them and then the defenders go from 0-to tackling you in such a small space of time, it's basically nearly impossible to run a pitch out play without superior blocking and even then, it's only a 4-5 yard gain at the most.

Throwing the ball is obviously much easier because of the limit of plays that the 4-2-5 has at it's disposal. 4WR sets are pretty much easy reads because of the poor alignment that the safeties have against them.

And people that say that the 4-2-5 is good against the fleXbox One, you haven't played someone that's truly good at the fleXbox One.

19. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Dat and I discovered in the "E" league that the biggest cheese is the Quarters Defense. When using certain setups, you cant slant, run, or post route anything. I played him with GT when he used ND and he couldnt get anything going when I used it on 1st and 2nd downs.

Im down with certain defense's not being abused but I would not ban them. I mean, if its a tie game 0-0 in the first and someone has a 2nd and 3, I should not be playing in quarters...Maybe against Texas Tech..

20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I run the 4-2-5 in TF4 and it isnt a god mode defense by any means. I have been blown out by users on a couple of occasions while running it. Once by a fleXbox One guy(tulsa), and another by a team that used a power run game to set up 4 and 5 wide formations(NIU). ive been beat using it in other situations too, but those games were close. If you can catch the Safeties blitzing and you have 3 or more wideouts on the field its $$ for the offense. Also, the middle of the field about 10-15yds deep is wide open almost every play, as are the flats. also, as Mors said, running up the gut is easy because there are only 6 men in the box. play against it in practice mode and you will be able to see the glaring holes right away.
    I think the real reason it is successful in-game is because users arent used to seeing it.
    Im not going to be running it here, because Nebraska has so much tradition with their blackshirts defense and Im not going to stray away from that.

Rice(my tf4 squad) actually runs it in real life. Their head coach David Bailiff used to coach at Texas State where I go to school and he ran it there as well. Texas State still runs the 4-2-5 along with TCU and a handful of other schools... Ive been a 4-2-5 fan for a while now. It is basically a modified Nickel base defense. both SS arent always up on the LOS like in the game, and the FS doesnt always play center field either. Speaking of, the Texas Longhorns now run a Nickel base D with Earl Thomas(safety) as the nickel back and it worked well against Tech. Your LBs and front 4 have to be studs though as lining up with 6 in the box on 3rd and short is pretty risky.

-and oh yea, quarters-show blitz- stops everything lol that is straight cheese

21. danielm025

Well I definitely don't cheese so you wouldn't have to worry about that with me. The only reason I would use a 4-2-5 is if I was going against a spread team like Mizzou or Kansas. To be quite honest with you, I have no experience whatsoever with the defense, I just like the addition of speed on the field. I only said the "4-2-5" comment because I saw that Morsdraconis posted to watch out for it against the fleXbox One. :)