BIG ANNOUNCEMENT - SWEETNESS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hokie Effect, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT - SWEETNESS

Virginia Tech RB Ryan Williams released this statement:

“I was very disappointed on my performance last year and take full responsibility for both my lack of production and our team’s lack of success. I have worked very hard this offseason and I am ready to compete at a high level. I am excited about a fresh start in 2012 and am ready to place the team on my back. I gaurantee the Hokies to be very competive this season.

Growing up I was a huge fan of Walter Payton. He was my childhood hero and I have patented my running style after him. In high school my nickname was Lil' Sweetness. So in my effort to honor the late great Payton and to help motivate myself this year, I have legally changed my name to RW Sweetness. I hope this added pressure I have placed on myself will help elevate my game. So I ask that for now on the media refers to me as “Sweetness” .

Thank You.”

SWEETNESS

[​IMG] |[​IMG]

2. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I will only refer to him as sweetness if he rocks the same Jeri Curl with that little headband that Walter used to sport!

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

[​IMG]

I think this is the Payton you were looking for.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

lmao!!! Did you actually change his name in the game too?

5. Hokie Effect

Sweetness has gone through the proper legal matters and is officially known as RW Sweetness through all EA outlets. Please respect his request to be referred by his new legal EA Sports name.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol this is awesome. Good stuff hokie.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That'll never happen.

Ever!

I've always been of the opinion that athletes can't give themselves a nickname and that they must earn that nickname.

But to try to jack the nickname of a hall of famer and one of the all time greatest?

Ole Ryan would never be able to earn that!

8. Hokie Effect

Try not to rain on the parade jello......dont' worry, you will get your shot at Sweetness this year. :D

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

wow. Well, maybe I should make an announcement about how I changed my stud Freshman SS's name to Nene Lequisha! :D LOL

10. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

HA! RW SWEETNESS! SERIOUSLY? THAT'S FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!

11. GoGators

Hopefully Sweetness is better than 7-6 like last year.

12. jello1717

If Ryan Williams is still arrogant enough to try to be called Sweetness when we play I'm going to tell every player on my team to kneecap his ass!

13. Hokie Effect

It's a shame you won't get your shot at Sweetness, unless you think you can make it out of the SEC undefeated. Because Sweetness and the Hokies will be waiting at the BCS title game.

14. Hokie Effect

Is nothing going to be done about this malicious threat?? This goes against our league views of sportsmanship and I am highly offended. :mad:

And again please refrain from using Sweetness's former name in the press.

15. jello1717

You keep it up and I'm going to enlist some help from Gators. I'll have him send some FU women to go visit Ryan Williams and give him chlamidia and ghonarea and all those other things that Florida women have.

16. GoGators

Sweetness better go to bed at night and pray that he doesn't see the Gators defense this season. He'd have no idea how to handle a defense whose D linemen are as fast as he is, let alone the 2nd and 3rd levels.

I'm pretty sure, in fact I'm positive, that after facing the Gators D, RW would be changing his name again, probably to something along the lines of: Busted and Broken or Mollasses for how slow he'd look on the field.

:monkeybutt: