Big D's BIG Interview - Episode 1: Joseph

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

For our first episode I sit down with Oakland Raiders' owner Joseph as he prepares for a big matchup against the undefeated New England Patriots in Week 13. Joseph joined the OMFL late during Season 1, and immediate brought the Raiders back to respectability. He guided them to the AFC Championship game last season, and currently has his team at 9-2 and in first place in the AFC West.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BD: Coach Joseph, welcome to the BIG Interview. Glad you could take the time out of your busy schedule to join us.

CJ: Thanks for having me

BD: You took over the Raiders during Season 2 here in the OMFL. At that time they were a marginal franchise at best, with some glaring difficiencies on both sides of the football. What were your thoughts upon taking ownership of this team and what would you say has led to the franchise's turnaround?

CJ: Well I took over in week 17 of season 1 and they were 8-7 so I thought "Wow better than the real Raiders" and finished the season 9-7 and won the Tolliet bowl, so I was happy. But when season 2 started I got off to a very average start and if I was in any other divsion I would not have made the playoffs last year. But I feel that I made some big changes on the D side of the ball and that has really got me to where I am at this season, and hoping to get all the way to the OMFL Bowl but we shall see! Oh, trading away Darren McFadden was a big mistake, haha!

BD: You mention trading McFadden hurt you, but what can you say about Kurt Warner. How is is to coach a likely future Hall of Famer?

CJ: He is amazing The Cards got rid of him going into season 2 and I got him for 32 points and it was way worth it he is a great QB.

BD: What about the numbers he is putting up, did you think you'd be getting this kind of production out of a 40 year old quarterback?

CJ: I knew that he could throw the ball and every season he just keeps hitting every receiver. If you look at the Raiders stats this year no WR has overwhellming stats, but as a group they do great and that has everything to do with Kurt.

BD: Speaking of receivers, Chaz Shilenz established himself last year as one of the elite in the OMFL by winning the Co-MVP of the AFC. What does he mean to your team, and specifically to your offensive system?

CJ: Having Chaz makes everything so much easier because every team knows what he can do so they have to plan for him and try to stop him which gets better coverage for the other guys. It just seems that every time a big play has to be made it's him and Kurt getting it done.

BD: OK. Let's move on to the big matchup this upcoming week against the Patriots. What do you know about them, and what do you expect out of Gaddy?

CJ: Well I know the Pats are unbeatable in the regular season. In this league he is the paper champ. I know he loves to run 3 receiver sets and really tries to get the ball to Welker on the underneth stuff and hit Moss up top so I expect it to be a good game. I beat him by 10 in the Foxbourgh in the playoffs last year so we shall see. I think he is a great owner and coach.

BD: I understand that you don't want to give Coach Gaddy any bulletin board material, but he has made no bones about his thoughts as the Patriots being the elite team in the AFC. What do you think?

CJ: I think he is a great owner and I think he will be a tough out in the playoffs, but there are 4 teams in the AFC that can beat eachother at anytime.

BD: We'll get to that in a bit, but focusing on the Patriots for now. . .his offense has been electric and you mentioned the Welker/Moss combo that has been so deadly. How can you defend against this?

CJ: Well in the offseason I planned for this offense and I went out and got 3 solid corners to go with NA. I am hoping that they are ready for this team because if we can win this game we are well on our way to the bye and we really would like to get that. I have 3 corners that Na is 99, Tracy Porter is 87, and Ike Taylor is 85.

BD: You mentioned that getting a first round bye is a real focus for you. There is some real competition in the AFC not only for the bye, but just for playoff spots in general. How do you see the rest of the AFC's elite teams right now and do any of them worry you more than the others?

CJ: Here are my top 6 in this order. 1. pats 2. jags 3. Raiders 4. colts 5. titans 6. chargers. And I hate the titans. But it really comes down to the Jags, Raiders, Pats, and Colts. Like I said earlier anyone of these teams can beat eachother. I would really like to play the Jags he seems to be much improved this season over last

BD: Any predictions for the NFC side?

CJ: Who cares they have maybe 2 teams that mean anything

BD: Which two teams?

CJ: The Eagles and Saints are it. I know I know the Redskins and 49ers are on a roll but I just dont think that either of those teams can get by the Eagles or Saints. I see the Eagles coming out of the east. All the talent is on the AFC side.

BD: The OMFL has seen some big changes since you came on board late in Season 1. What are your thoughts on the league? What do you like, and would you like to see anything changes or improved upon?

CJ: I love this league. The amount of time that most owners put into it makes it the best league by far. I would like to see this new TF background go away I cant read anything in red, haha! But really I have no complaints about OMFL or Tradition Football.

BD: Thanks for the time Coach, we appreciate it. Good luck the rest of the way.

CJ: Thank you very much.

2. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I hate you Joseph.

3. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

Haha but I thought we were friends, do u remember this comment?

4. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Thanks for the props Joseph, #6 team in the AFC. love it!!!!

GL vs the Pats, and ur right about Welker, he'll throw to him underneath acroos the middle, and throw up for grabs to Moss all game, stop those, and u win!!

P.S. Your welcome, I put Gore out for the year for ya, but he's still winning

5. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I do, but I didn't know you didn't respect my Cards.

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Not sure if this is your first time around football Joseph, but a team from each division needs to make the playoffs. I know the North is a snoozefest, but someone still needs to rep it.

Hater.

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

I don't think he was saying who was making the playoffs, just the top 6 teams in the AFC in his view. Let's be honest there's not much to talk about from the North at this point....that could change but not right now.

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I never said the North was exciting, nor worthy at this time....

Heh, well sadly one of his top 6 wont make it regardless of how well they do. Put that in your pipe, BD and CJ. :cool:

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Don't make me send Steve Smith over there to bust some heads :)

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I believe you already did that.

11. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Don't forget about Elderman, Phelps, Slater and Watson. Gore will be back for home finale vs the Chiefs.

12. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

who's joseph?

13. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

good stuff guys. too bad im completely ruining my playoff chances b/c i know i can hang with each and every one of you. hopefully i can turn things around.

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

I've been singing your prasies all along Rude....maybe a change of scenery out of Miami will help. Come to the AFC South next year and join Ox and me....would be fun! Keep the South the best division.

15. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

id be there with you guys in a heartbeat, but im a titans fan and using another AFC south team is not an option.(n)

16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

agreed, and one of the many reasons I jumped out of the AFC East.

What team are you next year anyway? I don't recall hearing where you were jumping to...