Big D's NFC East Breakdown

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Big D's Season Preview: NFC East Breakdown

*In predicted order of finish*

Philadelphia Eagles (14-2)

Strength: We all know this one, it's easy. The CB's on this team are just silly, stupid good. But no, they weren't content to sit pat with the default roster. They went out and traded for one of the leagues best young cornerbacks, Vonte Davis, to play alonside Asomugha and DRC. If you think you are going to win by throwing the football on this team. . .fuggetaboutit!

Weakness: I'm really not sold on this offense. They traded away Ronnie Brown for Reggie Bush in the Davis deal, and I consider that a serious downgrade. Their WR corps is good, but I'm also not convinced that Mike Vick is a League Bowl caliber quarterback.

Deciding Factor: Two things. First of all the defense is going to be good enough, way good enough, to mask any deficiencies the offense has. And secondly they have a proven championship owner/coach in Vishal who knows the right moves to make to bring a bring back to Philly. I've said it before about Vishal's Eagles, but they are a huge favorite in this division and the early favorites for League Bowl I.

Dallas Cowboys (11-5)

Strength: It looks like the running game is for real this year, but the passing attack will continue to be the strength. The Cowboys still have a solid young corps with Romo, Bryant, and Austin and of course Jason Witten is still one of the best TE's in the league.

Weakness: That defensive secondary scares the heck out of me. . .and I don't mean in a 'I'm frightened to play them" way. No, more like "I'm scared to see the box scores every week and the passing yards for the opponents." This is a serious issue and I don't see it going away anytime soon.

Deciding Factor: Kind of anti-Eagles, their offense is good enough to carry their defense this season. They are a bit of a wild-card but a strong opening week win gives us high hopes for America's Team.

New York Giants (7-9)

Strength: Their defensive line is the best in the league, as it has been for a few years now. They'll get pressure on the quarterback and allow the linebackers to play in coverage. This will open up a lot of different schemes and looks for whoever takes over this squad.

Weakness: I always remember the tight end being pivotal in Giants' offenses. They allowed Kevin Boss to escape in free agency and now they have a massive gaping hole. I don't know what they were thinking, and I don't know how they are going to fill the hole but they must do something. This offense depends on a solid tight end.

Deciding Factor: Easy. Depends on who takes ownership of this team. A solid owner will have a great chance at the playoffs and a deep run, but if the new guy at the helm makes poor decisions it could be a long year.

Washington Redskins (5-12)

Strength: Laron Landry and London Fletcher give the Redskins one of the best run stopping SS/MLB duos in the league. They are aggressive hard hitters that can cause turnovers and carry a defense. It will be fun to watch them play under a new head coach.

Weakness: Rex Grossman is your quarterback. 'Nuff said.

Deciding Factor: We'd love to see the Redskins relive their old glory, but a depleted roster and an unreliable quarterback means its probably going to be a couple more years for the Skins. They need an owner with patience and dedication to get them back on the right track.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. cp0990

cp0990 Walk On

Aug 23, 2011
    this is good stuff man, keep it up.. im lovin this league right now