Archived Big East Expansion?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Nov 20, 2011.

?

Should these teams move to Big East?

1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. Other

42.9%
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Please Post That You've Voted Below.
    With my conference now shot to hell, I thought bringing these teams in would help the Big East out a bit. Please feel free to add your own suggestions.
    Teams Added To Big East
    Temple Owls
    Navy Midshipmen
    Army Black Knights
    East Carolina Pirates

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And of course... I'm voting yes

3. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Merge the Big east into the MWC

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That doesn't really make 'realistic' sense to me.

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I think putting those teams in your conference will bring your conference down......

will army-navy is cool...why not ND? Temple is ok too.....

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well, they were the real life teams being floated around. All of them are :3stars: programs on the game (I think) and thats what the Big East was full of anyway.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Actually, I'm an idiot who doesn't pay attention to his surroundings. Here are the current rumored Big East teams:

SMU (@bigtubb_)
    Air Force
    Houston
    Boise State
    BYU

They would make up the Western Divison. I'll go find the Eastern Division right now.

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

just a heads up...East Carolina is gonna no-huddle you to death lol.

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

thats much better...ugh Houston....but that will work

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

UCF is the other Western team while Navy would be the only one that joins the Big Easy on the Eastern side.

11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

you may wanna grab ucf too

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Whatever is rumored in real life...

13. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Given what I've read, also posted in the Commish thread, as I was looking at setting up custom conferences in HOF...lot of pros/cons as to the impact on the game from the standpoint of scheduling....the game already has built in issues with scheduling established conferences....teams end up short a game, to many byes....H/A not equal, even though the overall number of conference games is even....so some think that a custom conferences magnify the above...

Yet had another commish posted that he has two 16 custom confs, OD...no problems to date

IMO...BCS would be a stronger league, with more teams in fewer conferences, having with more built in conference games, stronger conference schedule....more competition for recruits...more to talk about...

So I;m open to a custom conference and dropping Hawaii, moving into the new conference.....teams should be realistic based on actual move....traditional match up...geographic area

Thanks

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I really appreciate that reply but we're not reorganizing Chaos to that extreme. The 'point' of Chaos is to allow everyone to chase for the BCS Title. Everyone had an opportunity to chose their teams and this is where we landed. With 3 or 4 guys in each conference, unless we really judge each other's skills, it'll end up to 1 or 2 guys dominating the conference. Plus, midway through the season you can already tell who's playing for what. It'll also add a ton of user games if we wanted to play outside of our conference.

The goal is to build whatever team you go to and create your own legend as well as create BCS Chaos towards the end of the year. On our restart, we should be in Season 6 or 7, everyone decided just to go to their favorite team or chose the hard way and earn their right to coach their dream school. They could even jump ship and coach another program if they like, its their legacy they're ruining. Having everyone choosing their own destiny instead of force feeding them teams to chose from has been a winning formula and it keeps guys from complaining about being 'connected' to their school because they picked it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Thanks for the detailed response, gives me a better understanding of your vision/direction for the league....Hawaii works for me

• Like Like x 2
  16. NUCMANDON

NUCMANDON Program Builder

why not send FIU an invite