BIG GAME THOUGHTS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Feb 24, 2011.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Big games coming up soon...

What you guys thinking about

Iowa/Mich

Oregon/Cal

PSU/Purdue

Oreg ST/Oregon

Let's hear some thoughts!

2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Honestly that Iowa Michigan game is going to be huge...it's in Iowa, and then if I can beat Purdue..(big IF) we could end with a four way tie at the top of the Big 10..what a damn league

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

What a damn league is right. The last 2 Iowa/Mich scores add up to 26-26 with Iowa winning 12-10 two years ago and Mich taking last year's game 16-14. Probably will come down to who has the most success on the ground between Wehger/Coker and Gardner/Toussaint. I wouldn't expect either team to break the 150 yard mark passing and highly doubt Mich breaks 100.

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Radio why does Gardner seem so off when he throws??

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Not sure. If you took away all his running attributes he would still be high 80's raited or low 90's. Should be a decent pocket passer. Did you notice the 2 out routes I threw? The first he led the receiver into more of a corner route (which might have been bad timing on my part) and I was lucky your guy was playing soft, and the 2nd he threw out of bounds that my receiver had to make a spec catch and couldn't drag a foot. Then there was the wheel route that I had a LB or S beat by a step that he underthrew. The only two passes that he put where it needed to be was the curl on 3rd down and the corner route for a TD.

I make a conscious effort to have his feet planted, it just doesn't seem to translate to solid throws. My receivers don't help much. My top two are solid but 3-5 are guys that I didn't recruit and basically have beefed up rating thanks to their athletic abilities and not their technique.

Next year I think I will be much more balanced with 2 RS Sophmores and a RS Freshman that all have better awareness that Gardner does now. Powell, my best receiver that is out for the year, should be around a 96 and well as my #2 WR who should be low to mid 90's. Throw in two 5* WR's from last year's class that are redshirting and the pass game should be potent.

6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Yea I've found the awr affects alot.....Wr catching, tha. On the one curl he had tonput it on the money or it was pick six city.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Im scared to death of PSU. Redd is a monster.

8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

We have more competition than you would think. Some big games coming up that I am really looking forward to hearing about.

The Iowa Michigan game should be an all out slug fest. Good ol-fashioned one there. Both great coaches.

Oregon Cal should be a good one as well. I don't know how Mr. Energy Cubes is doing it but he is. Cal hasn't played to their coach's potential until now and I'm anxious to see they are for or not yet.

PSU/Purdue was played? Again, big time game with 2 teams that are stepping up. Diddy has done great things with that Boilermaker squad. Bob, really improved his squad after the last couple of years and put an ass whippin' on me.

Oregon State Oregon should be great as well. Battle for Oregon and nobody really cares because it is Oregon... LoL.. Jk should be a good one as well.

9. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Iowa- Michigan would be great to watch, both teams play great defense

I am very interested in Oregon and Cal. Oregon just finds ways to win but I think this is Cal's year

10. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Iowa/Mich:
    This should be a great game played by two different styles. Iowa is going to get their yards on the ground and is generally airtight on defense. Their QB leaves a lot to be desired though. Michigan continues to run the spread and can attack you both through the air and on the ground. As with the spread, if Michigan can hold off the defenders at the line of scrimmage for just enough, they should be able to wreck havoc.

Oregon/Cal:
    The Oregon Ducks just continue to win games despite the whole country calling them pretenders. Perhaps they are, with the lucky bounces going their way all year. For a team known for going all-out on offense, the Ducks have been doing it with their speedy defense, allowing less than 16ppg. Cal continues to lurk in the shadows and could be one of the biggest obstacles for Oregon. The Golden Bears manhandled Oregon last year, yet the Ducks pulled a horseshoe out of their bottom to the tune of 21 points in under a minute to stun Cal. Don't expect the Ducks to duplicate that stunt this year. With a dominant running game, Cal should be in the game from beginning to the end.

Oreg ST/Oregon:

Is this even a question? NEXT!

[​IMG]

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea but that particular Oregon rb finished his career at Stanford! Lol

12. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

minor details my friend...minor details