Big Hits: help

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by thievaryx, Dec 8, 2009.

1. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Big Hits: help

Ok, so I was playing some offline games to try practice doing user "big hits". I must be doing something wrong because I can rarely get one and in user games I see players that regular do it on me.

What am I doing? Well im simply flicking the "R" stick in the direction of the defender when im 'close'. What ends up happening is either a normal tackle if my guy runs into the ball carrier or he just stops and watches the play!!!

I'm getting very frustrated as to why I can't get this done.

I would really love some advice/tips on this.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Seems to me all you need to do is get close to the guy and flick the switch so to speak, alot of times the guy will just magnet to the big hit.

Also if your talking NCAA you can turn your agressive setting for big hits on if your OD rules allow it.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I think I always flick my right stick up for a big hit and not towards the ball carrier. It's all muscle memory though, so I could be mistaken.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

the direction you flick the stick dictates what type of big hit...

UP = Will hit him high
    Down = Will hit him low

The Right stick does not control the direction you want to tackle in.. you use the left stick to control that.. then flick the right stick up or down to control the level of the hit.

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

another key thing there is the player you are using the hit stick with vs. the player you are hitting. i also think certain angles and animations greaten your chance at making the big hit.

6. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Thanks for the feedback... maybe the thought that I was doing direction with the Rstick was messing me up.

Back to practice :D

7. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

i use turbo and the square up button a lot with the big hits inside the holes that helps and its all about the angles and hit power your players have

8. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Thanks for the feedback, I was able to get my first 'user big hit' last night and it forced a fumble that was returned for a TD :D

I was exclusively flicking the Rstick up, sometimes my guys missed, sometimes the defender would just bounce off the tackler, but it worked much better than just trying to flick the Rstick in the direction of the defender.

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I could be wrong about this, but I believe that if you flick the RS up it will be a high hit, and RS down will be a low hard hit...I don't think RS L or R are meant to be used...

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Thanks for the info guys as I have been doing it wrong and wondering why for a couple years now.
    On another note, I am throwing a flag on Castor for his last post.

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind