Big Ten 2014 Freshman of the Year

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Colemanchu, Oct 4, 2011.

?

Easy Choice Here?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2011.
  1. Aaron Breedlove-FS-PSU-56 tkl (21)-2 sack-5 int-7 ff-1 td-thorpe winner

50.0%
  2. Nick Ham-TE-NEB-51 rec-810 yds-5 td

12.5%
  3. Aaron Burns-QB-MICH-128 of 220-2099 yds-24td-11 int

37.5%
  1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The poll automatically closes in 24 hours and votes are public.

2. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

are we doing separate polls for the conferences?

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I voted for my man Burns , only because without him Michigan may have won 7 games tops, Breedlove I did not get to see in person and I can only assume had he not played PSU would still have won 10+ games. Secondly, he had a great season bu how did the CPU guy with 15 int not win the Thorpe ?

Either candidate is worthy IMO

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I think Breedlove was near the top of the ncaa in tackles he had close to 40 tackle assists and 21 tackles for a loss aswell. Plus 2 sacks I picked up on QBs that were standing like idiots when the WR was covered on the screen. if you include fumbles 13 turnovers to 15 is not a huge gap. I think that's why he was favored over a guy with 15 picks.

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

when you compare players by how many wins they got there team, and say the PSU would win all there games without any one player, that means there is ZERO value in any one player on my team. There for no PSU player should ever be considered for user awards ever.

Of course this same logic might apply to a QB when that team has a QB with nearly identical ratings on the roster which could have produced very similar results.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

You had a FS with 21 TFL?!?

That's completely outta line with reality if true, you should not be playing a FS close enough to the line to get that many TFL. To get that many you'd have to be creeping to the line a lot or immediately rushing forward on the snap, neither of which is really kosher.

Or was that a mid-type by you?

7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Trust me when I say ratings dont always = similar players , I don know why but I happens. My backup QB is trash, but has similar attributes , had I played PSU I would have had a better idea how good he is , also had te vote been close I would have voted for him, but he already had 4 votes so I was a bit of a homer ;)

8. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I voted for my guy just because of how valuable he was to my team and my QB last year. I believe he was my leading receiver.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

you can get 21 tfl without manually moving your safety up or going between the tackles. I ran a lot ( a lot does not mean all ) of cover 3 with breedlove in the shortzone. When the computer would run out of shotgun or pitch plays they are easy pickens if they run towards my side. The CPU gives you plenty of chances for TFL and cover 3 will automatically shift your safety down ( does this count as creeping). Just going forward when you see a run is enough time to make a play, because from the safety position you are often unblocked and the computer will try to run across the entire field. ALSO I play some really bad teams. CPU is dumb with there shotgun runs/speed options Particularly KSU the all shotgun c- team on my schedule. There is a reason users do not run those plays. There will be a TFL its just a question of who gets it. There are also alot of TFL on pass plays to the HB flat because if I do not cover it closely in the cover 3 they will throw it to him 5 yards deep and I can line up a big hit tfl.

I will start saving highlights if I am doubted.

This bothers me but i have stuff I need to do. I can elaborate more later

10. Dru50

Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should and doesn't make it sim. That's what this site and especially the premier leagues are supposed to be about, not taking advantage of the gameplay issues and trying to play within the confines of a sim gameplay style. If I have an offensive play that I know works every time, should I run it every play?

Fact is, safeties, especially free safeties, DO NOT rack up 20+ TFL in a season. This isn't an issue I'm just making up, it's something that has been an issue going back to NCAA 2009, and it's the reason most of the more established TSO leagues have not historically allowed guys to run the 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 defense. Because guys who were really good on the sticks would manually control a FS and be able to have 8-9 guys in the box while at the same time play in pass coverage because as we all know acceleration is instantaneous for guys on the defensive side of the ball. If it bothers you that I bring it up, it bothers me that I have to bring it up. I would think anyone who watches football should understand that FS do not play behind the line. By definition they are the last line of defense. If you want to patrol the line of scrimmage, us a LB.

But to be honest, everyone can do what they like as far as I'm concerned from here on out. Every time I get asked to bring something up or I bring up an issue regarding issues that are in violation of the rules or general sim play on the site people bitch and I'm really tired of dealing with it. Everyone can user control DT's and get 20+ sacks a season, have FS lead their team in TFL, run 4 verts all game and late pitch themselves silly. If people can't understand how any of these types of issues aren't sim then I'm not going to bother being the person trying to enforce gameplay standards. Someone else can do it if they want to. Or not. Like I said, whatever.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i don't know what a mid type is but breedlove is way more impressive than a 40 yards per catch receiver or a running back who gets 400 all purpose yards in a game.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i only read the first sentence and wish i had used it for the base of my last statement. you don't care, how is 2k12?

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Apologies... I have footed my mouth again. I shall toe the line and not make any more excuses. There are many ways I could avoid this from occurring. To explain further would only make me appear to be more of an asshole, because no one wants to hear why no matter how much I want to explain. Its upsetting to everyone envolved especially myself.

I remove breedlove from any award consideration.

14. Dru50

It was pretty sweet from what I got to play last night, which was only about an hour.

15. Dru50

Do what you want, my original point was that you shouldn't do it going forward. I never said anything about invalidating anyone's case for an award. I'm just tired of having to enforce gameplay standards when half the league doesn't seem to care about them as much as I do. It's just not worth it to me anymore.