Big Ten 2016 Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JFunk34, May 25, 2010.

1. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Big Ten 2016 Preview

[​IMG]

Michigan- The Wolverines start the season as the likely favorite to win the Big Ten. They come in at 4th in the preseason polls and figure to make noise on the national scene this year. The big question for them will be if they have the same success with new Coach fsupenguin as they did with Coach Hoodlum. The return of team leader Sid Kerr. His play at QB greatly contributed to the Wolverines success last season and he looks to improve on that with a great season in 2016. He has a very dangerous weapon at his disposal with Junior WR Sean Brantley. His speed and playmaking ability will make him a force to be reckoned with. The Wolverines also have a very strong defense. The biggest playmaker they have on defense is likely CB Zac Gordon. He is a true cover corner and should give QB’s fits this season.

Ohio State
    - The Buckeyes had a rough outing last season. They started off with two losses but were able to recover and go into Michigan game with a 9-2 record. The Wolverine D knocked QB Anthony Griffin out of the game in the early goings and The Buckeyes couldn’t recover. This year they hope for a different outcome. The Buckeyes return a lot of players and with QB Anthony Griffin with a year of starting under his belt, The Bucks looked to make a run at the Big Ten Championship. If they want to be successful they need RB duo Lance McCoy and Titus Hill to make some big plays and control the game. If they can do that The Bucks will be hard to beat. The defense is stout and should make the difference between a BCS bowl game and a BS bowl game. Senior MLB Courtney Davis is one of the best in the country and his leadership and playmaking ability will be counted on to win the close games.

Penn State- Penn State is right on the cusp. They have been knocking on the door of a Big Ten Championship for a few years now and are hoping to bust that door wide open this season. QB Jeff Watkins is the playmaker to watch. He might not even be the best QB on campus but he is hell of an athlete and can change the game in the blink of an eye. If he has the Heisman type season that people are expecting then The Nittany Lions will a contender this season and may flip the script in the Big Ten.

Wisconsin- Coach Tuco has done an outstanding job building up the Badger program. This year will be crucial for The Badgers. The have a true freshman starting QB in Michael Everett. He will be tested with fire this season as he rolls through the Big Ten schedule. The team leader is without a doubt senior MLB Eric Brittain. He will need to lead the defense near flawlessly so that his defense can pick up any slack that might be caused by Everett getting his first collegiate action if they hope to make a run at the Big Ten Championship.

2. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Nice write-up man. Should be a fun year in the Big Ten

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Good job. Nice preview

4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Nice write up I think tOSU can when the big ten this yr

5. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Good Job Jfunk. Nice write up man.

6. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

nice write up, I got the Buckeyes winning the Big 10

7. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I am going with Michigan.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Good work funk, I'm going with Iowa ;)

9. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

HA. You would.