Big Ten Talk

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Nautica, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/28285/big-ten-position-rankings-wrte-2

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/28283/ranking-the-big-ten-wide-receivers

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

@GoGators look at this, NW getting some love here. Got the 3rd ranked Receiving core in the Big Ten and the Top WR threat.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/28226/ranking-the-big-ten-quarterbacks-2

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I think I'll need all that talent too cause its unlikely the defense will be very good.

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

From the sounds of it that you will likely have a pretty good offensive line

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sounds like JC is going to have a field day with that passing game

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

And the running game

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Interesting from Rich Rod. He was a square peg from day one so it was really a matter of time IMO. I don't think he is a bad coach at all just not a coach I ever wanted for Michigan. And it is not the spread b/c I liked the offense. But the Big Ten plays defense.

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

To this day, he's still passing the buck.

"What are you most proud of accomplishing @ UofM?"
    "Well, I'm just disappointed they canned my ass. We were turning things around and on the verge of winning the title. Sure the defense was horrible, but that's not my fault. We had too many injuries and we had to play too many freshmen."

While I think he's an offensive genius and I had a fucking BLAST watching Michigan's offense these last 2 years (the 1st year was painful) I hated RichieRod before he ever stepped onto the sidelines. I want a coach of good character and the way Richie left WVU showed that he had no character. He promised him about 9 months earlier that he'd stay with WVU and if he didn't he'd pay them millions of dollars. He skipped town anyway and then refused to pay them. In the end, he drew it out for so long and made it so uncomfortable for all involved that Michigan had to step in and say that they'd pay half of the money that RichieRod owed WVU. What a douche! Then, on top of that, the asshole cheats and gets Michigan's football program put on probation for the first time EVER in our glorious 100+ year history.

I can live with the lack of wins (although RichieRod also set an unprecedented standard in this area too), especially when making such a drastic change to the offensive philosophy, but the above I cannot live with. I hope the door hit him extremely hard on the ass on his way out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I agree with you, the guy has no character. UM needs a coach like coach Kelly, that guy means business.

13. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

A coach that bailed out on his undefeated team for $$ and a 'better' job? A coach that lets kids up on scissor lifts in 60 mph winds? A coach that doesn't care about DUI arrests until the 3rd time around? Oh and he will still get to play?!?

Haha. All RichRod did was try to practice a lot lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Kelly is a great coach, the Floyd DUI was the first time it happened under his watch and Floyd is still not on the roster. He was cleared by the school to play but Kelly has not placed him back on the team because he prove that he is remorseful for his actions. And the Kid dying on the scaffolding is hardly Kelly's fault. I know he accepted fault for it, but it wasn't his or anyone's fault, it was an accident. Hell I am out on Lake Ontario in 40+ mph winds racing yachts during the summers.

Coach Kelly was also in the last year of his contract and let the University and his players know that he was interviewing for the position as soon as he was contacted by ND. Not like RichRod who said one thing and did another.

It was the AD's decision for Kelly not to coach in the bowl game, its not like Kelly just bolted.

Go to 1:10 to hear the AD say it was his decision.

Sorry if I am coming off a harsh, its not like I am trying to stick up for someone like Tressel here.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

@jello1717 I was just thinking about it and if UM played the same style of offense they might be VERY good this season. But that all depends on if the D plays 10x better than it did last season. A lot of people forget or don't know that they were EXTREMELY young last season. How many starters are returning?

16. jello1717

We're returning pretty much everyone. We return both ST guys (unfortunately as our kickers had to be some of the worst in college history), 9 offense and 9 defensive starters.

Had RichieRod been given another season, there's no doubt that our offense would've been ridonkulous (even without Stonum).

• Like Like x 1
  17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Top ten QBs in the 12 team league and the Badgers don't even make the list. Smh. Where do you guys think Russell Wilson fits on that list?

18. jello1717

19. jello1717

B1G game highlights with Wisconsin, and MSU (including the first sighting of Leveon in game).

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

did he decide to go to Wisc?

21. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

After watching some of the latest game videos that have come out, including this one, there's two things that REALLY annoy me about the game so far.

1 - 2 deep zone coverages are still broken. Anytime I've seen 2 deep coverage from the safeties w/o man to man underneath, the safeties get torched by go routes just like in `11. The go route is so wide open against cover 2 it's not even funny. You couldn't call that defense in `11 because of that and it appears to be the same in `12.

2 - The standing straight up running style of the ball carriers looks terrible! Nobody plays football like that. And I'm not one to usually complain about graphics etc, but this just looks bad.

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

No, but its between Wisconsin and Auburn. I've heard that Wisconsin is in the lead and that he will announce before July 1st.

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah....But look at the grass on the field! I think that is worth the $65 alone........:D

24. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party