BIG XII Championship Talk

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JHeb, Nov 11, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

BIG XII Championship Talk

2010 BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIP
    Presented by Dr. Pepper

BIG XII NORTH CHAMPIONS:
    #5 NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS 11-1 (8-0)
    "Wildcatter78"

vs.

BIG XII SOUTH CHAMPIONS:
    #7 OKLAHOMA SOONERS 9-3 (6-2)
    "JHeb"

WHEN:
    THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH, 2009

TIME
    APPROX. 9:30PM (CST)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so it turns out Oklahoma DID make it to the Big XII title game after Texas lost to Texas A&M in the last week of the season...Nebraska dominated in the North to earn their spot.

This should be an interesting game to keep track of...Not only does OU and NEB have a long history of epic battles, but JHeb and Wildcatter do as well.

The all-time series between OU and NEB shows OU with the lead 44-38-3. The all-time series between JHeb and Wildcatter is unknown officially but if I were to put it into percentages, I'd guess Wildcatter owns the all-time lead. I'd guess I've won 35-40% of the games with him winning 60-65% of the games. It's been streaky.

As for this game, I keep getting emails from Wildcatter bragging on my team and how amazing it is (talent wise). I keep hearing my team is the model he's trying to form up in Lincoln. I keep hearing how my 3 loss team is ranked above many 1 loss teams b/c it's soooooo loaded with talent.

I know this game Wildcatter...I'll be ready. Sam's ready. McCoy is ready. RJ is ready. Jameel is ready. Ryan is ready. Reese is ready.

I'm ready.

Bring it!!!!!!!

2. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Dang, JHeb is on to me and part of my strategy of luring him into an easy victory mentality from an overconfident Sooner program!

3. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

I would have to say this game will be won in the trenches. Which offensive line can hold up long enough to allow our QB's to make some plays in the passing game and avoid any panic, button mashing by the opposing QB!

After the LSU whipping, I changed my offense, defense and made adjustments to the depth chart. We will see if it makes a difference in this game.

Vegas has the early line favoring the Sooners by 7 points.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I don't know where you get your Vegas lines from, but yours was wayyyyy off.

The REAL Vegas Line: Nebraska -3.5, O/U 44.5

5. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Can't you see I'm still trying to sabotage the Sooner psyche heading into the game!

6. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

My D line is fierce but so is Nebraska's...It may be a pure shotgun formation game all game long...I've switched to the Colorado St. attack...Pound the ball and use short passes.

I'd say the 3.5 line in favor of NEB is about right...Wildcatter is awesome.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Have you guys set up a time yet? Just curious, no other implications here ;)

8. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

See edited Post #1:

We're set for THU night in the 9 to 9:30pm (central) timeframe...Depends on a child getting to bed so our new Big Daddy can get the XBox fired up.

Also, in anticipation of the Big XII Championship being EPIC, I've taken the OD offline and have played a couple of drives worth of game time to get photos for the game...The first time I did it the weather was nice and I took photos from one drive (OU on offense) and made sure to take photos of my stars plus a couple of other random shots...I did it again just now and it was SNOWING (!!). I took some pics of my defensive stars plus some other random shots. I just started it again and it's snowing AGAIN(!!). Let me just say I'm going to be really pumped if our game is in the snow.

Would anyone have an issue if Wildcatter and I agreed to restart the game enough times to get a snowy day? I haven't asked Wildcatter this, it just hit me. If not, I'm fine with that too...LMK.

JHeb

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

User game restarts are no issue. If you're both on board with it, enjoy!

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

HMMM......

Oklahoma 30

Nebraska 21

11. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Let me first check my players "adverse weather condition ratings".

j/k, we can give it a few restarts to get a snow game.

12. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Nebraska Walkthrough

Nebraska has just completed their team walkthrough of Arrowhead Stadium. The full squad has travelled and there are no new injuries to report.

The team will gather at the hotel this afternoon for the final team meetings and a pre-game meal before arriving back at the stadium for tonight's game.

13. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Historic Series Highlights!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MHr60rAWs3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MHr60rAWs3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJtZYKIzzZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJtZYKIzzZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    This should be a great game.:)

15. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ahhhh, wow, nice vids Wildcatter! Tillman's leap from the 5 gets more amazing every time I watch it...Love it!

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sick videos! Looking forward to this one.

17. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Nebraska 35 - Oklahoma 30

Great game as usual JHeb! Defenses forgot to show up in this one. We will do a full writeup and get it posted probably tomorrow.

I will take one of those shiny conference trophy avatars please!

18. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

In my opinion, here is what it boiled down to:

1) TD's to FG's: My first three scores were FG's, his first three were TD's...21-9 is not good for the person who has 9.

2) The End of 1st Half Sack: NEB scored with about 40 seconds left. OU drove down and was at about the 20-ish yard line. I had used all of my TO's getting down to that point from my starting point which was about my 20. I was going for a TD (my 1st of the game) to try and cut the lead from 12 to 5. I had one play left, maybe two if it was an incomplete pass or someone got out of bounds. I got SACKED! Time expires as I try to rush to the line to get a play off. Yeah, I was pissed...Pissed!

I got the ball to start the 2nd half and from there I scored TD's on my 3 possessions of the second half...I only held him once where he had to punt. I never punted. It was a close game but I never had the lead. I have no run game, he has a pretty good one and as usual, mixes his stuff up VERY well. Bastard.

I was pissed and exited out of the game without saving videos...I'm now pissed at myself for that. We'll get a good summary up soon.

Congrats to Nebraska for winning the Big XII this season...I WILL be back!!

19. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Yep, you had 6 scoring possessions and I had 5. Mine were all touchdowns and you were split between TD/FG. Plain and simple, that was the difference in the game.

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Well, Nebraska covered and the over hit.

Sounds like it was another great game guys! Good stuff, and congratulations Wildcatter. JHeb is gonna be on a mission next season!