Biggest Surprises and Busts from Recruiting?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Sep 14, 2009.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Biggest Surprises and Busts from Recruiting?

Well the annual, WTF from recruiting and 3 stars being better than 5 stars here are my early surprises both good and bad.

The bad:

Ricky Rogers - 4 star DT and #5 overall DT, comes in at a 75 OVR, yet my 3 star DT that I barely recruited comes in at 80 OVR.

Ryan Johnson a 5 star recruit comes in at 78 OVR at CB, while Corey Graham a 4 star recruit comes in at 82 OVR.

The good:

Casey Thomas comes in at an 85 OVR and is just sick.

My super fast Freshman WR comes in as an 86 OVR with 97 speed. Suffice it to say, Im happy.

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

The Good

Rob Mackey 2 star CB comes in at a 76 overall with 92 speed he is 6'4.... loving his prospects right now....

The Bad
    5'10 242 pounds 3 star athlete with B speed comes in as a 54 overall at MLB, 52 at OLB
    but he was a 73 at CB and in the 60's as a safety..... who wants a 85 speed 242 pound corner?

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Surprise Recruits

OLB Mark Alvarez: A 3 star OLB that came in with an 83 OVR. He was moved to MLB & is the starting MLB

OLB Jared McIntosh: Another 3 star OLB came in at 78 OVR. That 1 point lower than starting JR OLB Adam Burton. Thinking of starting him.

Bust Recruits

FS Rodney Harris: A 3 star FS I thought would compete next year for the starting role, but he only came in at 74, so he will be RS & start in 3 years if he good enough.

4. JrRawlins

my walk-on kicker came in as a 81 overall..... lol.... i got lucky...

5. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

My walk-on kicker was an 82 last season, possible glitch? Has anyone got a bad walkon kicker yet?

6. JrRawlins

Not sure i can classify Mackey as "the Good" yet.... he has been up and down... his starting status will definitely depend on these next two games against Florida State and Virginia Tech.... if he gets torched, he is on the bench... if he stands up and plays well we wont question him again....

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Definitely a glitch. I've had several walkon kickers and punters in online and offline dynasties come in rated higher than kickers and punters that are actually available to recruit. Pretty strange.