BigOX win over Raiders.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

BigOX win over Raiders.

This type of play breaks OMFL rules....and looks like Ox did J's dirty work by posting the replay.

[YOUTUBE]ODr474UMbvw[/YOUTUBE]​

2. Emmdotfrisk

20 - QB Scrambling
    Unrealistic QB Scrambling/Sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight back wards or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations.

Hash Marks: You must throw the ball BEFORE you get to the numbers (if running or scrambling). Once you are past the numbers, you must run or throw it away. Be realistic with it guys.

Sprinting: You are not allowed to snap the ball and sprint to sidelines and wait for a receiver to open up. The AI does not play that well at all so you can scramble, but you cannot go to sidelines sprinting unless you are being chased. Also, do not just sprint for no reason. If you are being chased that’s fine, but to sprint for no reason is cheese. No hanging outside the hashmarks towards the sidelines waiting for a WR to get open. If a WR is not open after about 4-6 sec you can try and run for yardage.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I dunno if I see a rule violation here. Unless this was done repeatedly I do not think Ox has done anything wrong.

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

There was absoutley no pressure on his QB on that play, no real reason for him to just take off there. Was it a 3rd down and short play? I'd watch Ox though, he had a play against me the other week where he had Chris johnson in a FB, playactioned to to his real FB who was in at HB and the dump off a screen to his CJ. Kinda lame in my eyes. But he would of won the game regardless.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

This stuff is definately unsim. I'll get with him and talk ASAP. Post my convo folloing.

6. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I agree with jeremy. Crucial 3rd down in the game. He needed the first. He ran for it because he saw an opening. He didnt do it all game, nor does he have a history of doing it.

He should of been sacked anyway, he wasn't.

Who's to judge if he was saw the flats open or not? I think he was thinking run from the start. It's Vince Young not Peyton Manning, can we expect Vince to operate the same way?

I had a rookie QB who has 68 Short throw Acc. In past games he couldnt hit a target in stride or at all that was 3-5 yards ahead of him, slant, out, or drag.

Why can't I run in that situation? I know hes going to throw a pick in the flats because he is terrible... Is that cheese?

Just trying to bring up a different side of the issue.

Honestly the rules don't say anything specific about running inside the numbers or instinctively. Theres room for judgement and error there. Which I suggest we qualify now.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Let me re post the rules.

20 - QB Scrambling
    Unrealistic QB Scrambling/Sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight back wards or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations.

He simply called a pass play to take advantage of the AI. If you plan to do a run on third and five call a QB draw, don't run streaks and take off on a lame scramble with 2 open receivers. Also Mustang the flats are a check down, Ox spent no time even looking to pass. So this type of scramble with the game on the line is a severe infraction. It baffles me that this isn't a no brainer.

And for good measure I spoke with Joseph on aim and he mentioned that OX was heavy on tosses, WR and HB screens to CJ, and made a living out of scrambling with Vince.........sucks he didn't save any videos so its his word against OX's.

Since there is so much indecision about this play I am bringing it to the TF commish lounge to see what other commissioners thoughout this league think about the play.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

In real NFL, if a team has a QB with VY's skill set, he will be often told on certain plays to make one read and if the coverage isnt what they wanted to pull it down and run.

Ox simply didnt just take the snap and sprint to the outside. He completed a 4 step drop, made a read, then pulled it down and ran. He may have been looking for man and got some sort of cover 3.

Now, if this was done multiple times, that is an issue. But looking at this play on its own, I do not see any reason to get our panties in a wad.

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Jeremy and Mustang, make sure you are careful about just saying that if its in the NFL it should be allowed in our league. Remember some things we don't allow mainly because of the AI issues madden has. Throwing outside the numbers comes to mind as one of them. Yes, we see it in the NFL in nearly every game, but we don't allow it here because the coverage AI is so horrible that its nearly unstoppable.

I think calling a 4 vertical play with the intent to run is pretty borderline in the least. the DLine AI i'm sure is programmed to read that if a pass play is called that they are trying to 'break the pocket' and smother the QB inside of it. They pay not attention when the QB immediately scrambles forward. This is not how real NFL D-Lineman react. If Vince Young did that once to Albert Haynesworth or John Abramam, you better believe that he wouldn't be successful doing it again. That isn't the case in Madden because, again, the AI is pretty horrid in some areas.

I think this is a case where our rules are in place to prevent abusing AI glitches like this.

However in Ox's defense this certainly isn't near the worst thing I've seen in this league. In fact, Joseph himself has some pretty egregious issues that he is continuing to use this year, including manual motion on nearly every pass play. Once he does the motion, he sees if the defense is in man or zone and then hot routes the shit out of his receivers. Thats pretty much BS and unsim. He also has been known to constantly put his DEs into pass coverage.

So, I think this is a case of two borderline cheesy owners playing eachother and these issues came to the forefront.

10. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am sorry guys but I seen nothing wrong with this. If a guy is gonna play zone on me all day long, I am going to take that up the middle a few times to get that dude out of man. IMO it isn't bad at all, unless he does it 10 times a game. Splitting hairs and a little hyper sensitive, IMO.