Bills Deflate New England (See what I did there?)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by TEClemson53, Jan 26, 2015.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Aug 1, 2010

Bills Deflate New England

Buffalo was at home yet against against another AFC East opponent from New England. The Patriots opened the game with the ball. They converted a few 3rd downs, a few big plays and eventually jumped on the board early with a 7-0 lead. The NE defense created a stop on Buffalo's first possession but a great punt was downed at the 1 yard line and the ensuing hand off to Stevan Ridley was met by safety Duke Williams for a 2-point safety. Buffalo's offense still sputtered but did manage to move the chains a little bit and allow Chandler Catanzaro to boot through a field goal and trail 7-5. The next two possessions for New England went even worse. Hyde threw an interception to Nickel Robey but Buffalo couldn't make the most of the opportunity and ended up punting. The next possession on 2nd down, Marcell Dareus got to QB Mario Hyde and caused a fumbled that linebacker Nigel Bradham jumped on. The Bills did enough to move the chains a few times but were still forced by a strong Patriots defense to kick another field goal and take an 8-7 lead at the half.

In the 2nd half, the two defenses held strong for a good portion of the 3rd quarter until Buffalo's offense line got the ground game going. RB Ka'Deem Carey busted off a few 10+ yard runs and Drew Hale completed enough throws through the air and Buffalo got in the endzone finally on a 1 yard run from Carey. In the 4th, Hyde got going, he completed passes to Aaron Dobson in huge chunks and then tossed a touchdown to Percy Harvin. The 2-point conversion was no good with a Kiko Alonso sack and Buffalo still led 15-13.

The Bills took over with 5:53 on the clock, On an early 2nd down, Robert Woods caught a short pass over the middle and was going to be short of the first down but a facemask (bad call) gave Buffalo a fresh set of downs. A few plays later, Woods caught another big 3rd down conversion over the middle to move into New England territory. The Bills faced a 4th & inches at the NE 23 yard line when they elected to go for it with fullback Bryant Reynolds and Reynolds squeaked past the 1st down marker by a hair to again give Buffalo another set of downs. New England had previously used up it's timeouts to try and save clock and couldn't do anything but watch time tick away. Catanzaro added his 3rd field goal of the game with 31 seconds left. New England took a few shots deep to Harvin but the passes were defended and the Patriots fall on the road 18-13.

Stat Leaders

Drew Hale: 13/23, 102 Yards
    Ka'Deem Carey: 26 Att, 75 Yards, TD
    Robert Woods: 4 Rec, 32 Yards
    Marcell Dareus: 3 Tackles, Sack, Fumble

New England
    Mario Hyde: 14/21, 183 Yards, TD, INT
    Stevan Ridley: 11 Att, 26 Yards
    Percy Harvin: 5 Rec, 65 Yards, TD
    Rainey Terry: 3 Tackles, Sack

gg thaexistence . I could hear you through my tv. I know it wasn't meant to be hilarious but man I had tears coming out of my eyes at some of the stuff you were saying. I wish that could have been streamed instead of our ugly game.
    • Like Like x 6

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    Lmfao! Great recap Trey
    • Like Like x 2
  3. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Mar 1, 2012
    Deflate I love it Trey no homo ! Lol
    • Like Like x 2