Bills News And Team Management!!!

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by Snozberriez8198, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

The Bills goal this offseason was to make thier 12th rank defense more proficient and better at defending the pass. The pass defense was the Bills self proclaimed "achilles heel" last season so much that they had to move veteran and career FS Jarius Byrd to CB to help with the young core of CB's on the roster. Byrd will be going back to his FS position as the Bills Signed Nnamdi Asomugha, and just proposed a deal to the trade commitee to get Tramon Williams (85-90 OVR) from the Packers. This would mean Williams (85-90 OVR) and Stephon Gilmore (88 OVR) (8 INT last season) to cover the outside and have Asomugha (83 OVR) and Bradley (82 OVR) in the 3 wide and 4 wide sets. They also added help over the top in the SS position to prevent the longball.

Look for the Bills to play ALOT of press-man coverage combined with a lot of blitz packages. They believe they need to get pressure to create sacks and bad throws. Last season the Bills didn't get a lot of pressure on opposing quarterbacks, which gave them time to pick apart the young core of corners. This year, the Bills think the have cover guys to SHUTDOWN opposing receivers long enough to get pressure. They will play 1 on 1 press man and blitz to create the pressure and hopefull the turnovers.

The Bills have yet to hint towards who they will take with the 8th and 25th overall picks in this weekends draft. Some think they will go after a young RB to backup the often injured CJ Spiller, and others think they will try adding a solid WR to go with Braylon Edwards (2nd OVR in receiving last season). Which way they will go is anyones guess, but time will tell.

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Be careful with the press man as it is over powered and still required to mix up play calling. (y)

• Like Like x 3
  3. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

You obviously haven't played him. :) it won't change his defense much.

• Like Like x 5
  4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Nope never have played him, was just a friendly reminder about mixing up the play calling since he said he was gonna be playing press man ALOT

• Like Like x 3
  5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

FACT!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lmao.....

7. LSUTRUTH

Way too funny. Lol. Just messing around. He is pulling a Keller right now. And he is the bills. Classic.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Snozberriez8198

Please...all your big plays came when I was in my shoddy zone. I do man align a lot to disguise the zone coverage and "show blitz" so they appear to be in press, but only had 1 guy who could cover anyone. You can expect ALOT of man coverage though...not all press, and will probably only blitz on 3rd downs etc... Didn't mean anything by post...just getting amped up for season.

9. Snozberriez8198

I'm more pulling a Rex Ryan and talking up my team...

10. LSUTRUTH

Lol. I just won a Super Bowl playing zone so it's not all bad. I can for sure tell you announcing you are going to play a lot of man coverage does not look good. But do why you feel is right. I'm glad you feel good about your team but pumping them up could of been done differently. But again maybe we differ in opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snozberriez8198

Yeah, I hate your zone...and your run game...Congrats by the way

12. LSUTRUTH

Lol. Thanks man. I look forward to our 2 games this year.

13. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Play man against me all game, I dare you. LOL.

14. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Jimmy likes man?

• Like Like x 1
  15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well this was fun.