Bill's Sliders

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Jan 20, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I like the early returns on the sliders. I found my game difficult, but not cheesy in the least. I thought my players handled like they are supposed to. I have a speedy back and a power back and the differences were definitely felt for a change. It used to feel like my speedy/agile back was just a straight line runner who moved across the field faster than other guys. Now I can juke and change direction with him whereas with the power back I cant or he will slow down and get caught.

I enjoyed playing this game immensely, much more so than the past season or two. Only reason I beat OSU was because of the 2 red zone fumbles I caused.

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I liked the sliders as well when I played my game this morning. My defense finally played like a B+ defense. My offense was still my offense, other words shitty. The running game really took off in the second half, quarterback still sucks, but hey he would suck in real life. Additionally, i think any problems I had moving the ball was because Miami had really good defense.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Disclaimer: Please no one take offense to this. It's just my opinion and that's all it is.

These sliders aren't what I thought they'd be. Here's my issues:

1. Passing coverage - The cpu pass coverage is way overstated. Every time Miss St played Man press it resulted in a coverage sack because my guys couldn't get off the LOS. This includes when my slot WR was matched up with their OLB. I don't know them off hand, but the discrepency in ratings has to be off the charts considering UF is an A+ and MSU is a C+. On the flip side, the user pass coverage is way understated. My 99 overall CB couldn't cover a hitch route.

2. User rushing - no offense, but this is silly. Fields broke 3 tackles every play.

3. User defensive awareness - I have no idea what caused this since there is no defensive awareness slider, but my guys would run the opposite direction of the ball sometimes. Maybe it has to do with the rush defense slider. It seemed on a read option some of my guys would bite on the fake. If that's actually what it is, that's pretty cool.

Overall, these sliders make the game feel out of balance. It's way too easy to run the ball and way too difficult to pass the ball, unless you get a broken zone coverage and you gouge the defense for a big play. See Richardson's stats from the game against MSU, he went 8/14 but had a 200+ rating. Pretty silly. I'm a spread offense and I only needed to throw it 14x. That's not realistic. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've had a guy go over 100 yds in a game in this league, even if he had 20+ carries. With these I averaged around 12 ypc. The defense will never be able to stop an offense when you can average numbers like this on the ground.

I knew when the first scores from this week started rolling in that I wasn't going to like these sliders. A depleted Georgia Tech team that doesn't even have a QB beat a pretty good Miami team. And a depleted Spartans team knocked off the #6 Buckeyes. IMO, these sliders cater way too much to the running game.

I'll end on a couple positives though:

It was nice to see my guys actually sustain and hold some blocks for more than .02 seconds.

I also enjoyed seeing some of the animations that my HB could do. Honestly I hadn't seen any of those moves out of Fields yet and he's in his 3rd season. I didn't know he could do most of that stuff. So that was pretty cool.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Are you going to be upset if we keep these for the remainder of the current season and take a look at them at that point to make adjustments?

5. GoGators

Yeah, it's up to you guys. The only thing that is really bothersome to me is the cpu pass coverage. I'm not exaggerating when I say I couldn't complete a pass against man coverage.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I actually didn't have trouble passing against man coverage. Maybe the team you were playing had CBs with good press ratings? With the old sliders my WRs couldn't get off the line, this time they could so I saw the opposite thing here strangely enough.

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I think it is hard to judge the performance of my team based on the limited information that we have. Under Shaun's sliders I don't believe GT played up to their ratings, so you can't say these sliders are not right. For your information my team is rated overall as a B, with my offense being rated as a B, and my defense as a B+, and we did start Week 1 at #25. In terms of talent GT and Miami were quite even. Miami is not a complete juggernaut as you would think, I think offensively they had an edge against me, but in my game their starting QB was knocked out of the game, thus in the second half it gave me a realistic chance. If you were to ask me did I throw to a bunch of open receivers I can't really comment as to how many were completely open, but it was really not like the last game against Duke or any of the prior games, where I would throw to open receivers and watch the ball get overthrown over and over again, or simply not move the ball. Also, it was not always third and 8 or longer. That is where my QB struggles he cannot complete any deep passes thrown. My third down effeciency is probably the worst in the nation because I have had a lot of third and longs this season and not converted many. Defensively it was definetely a night and day difference. I am sure if I played Miami on the old sliders the running backs could have set a school record. With these new sliders they actually played like a B+ defense.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I liked the sliders. I was able to run the ball fairly well against UNC and pass as well. Threw 2 picks but it was because I was trying to hit quick comeback routes against man coverage and the DB's were right on the guy. I never played Shauns sliders so I have no comparison to go by but I liked the fact that I didnt get blown out at home against a better rated UNC team. It was a tough battle til the final whistle. I dont have my stats in front of me so Im not sure how my passing numbers were overall.

9. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

If guys think it is a bit too easy to run, we can drop the user run blocking 5 or the user RB ability 5. I promise you I won't feel bad if we tinker with these to get the best results.

However, Fields is 99 overall, 97 elusiveness, and 92 break tackle. He is a beast, and just about as good as it gets at the HB position lol.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Ya I've been checking people's stats as they come in and no one is getting any really crazy stats from their HB's except Gators and Masler, who have by far the most talented teams currently. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Finally got to play a game with them as I had two bye weeks in a row. I was playing Vandy so it was really hard to judge. It was a pretty easy contest as it should be. Nothing felt out of whack.

12. GoGators

After playing 3 games on these things here's my thoughts:

1. User RB ability should be 50 or CPU tackling should be 50 - I've had CPU safeties bounce off my WR's w/o even hitting a move in the open field.

2. CPU offense needs +5 across the board - they can't do anything on offense.

3. User pass coverage +5-10 - The results here are unrealistic. I've seen my 96 ovr CB w/99 man cover and 98 play recognition continue running for 10 yards after a WR has made a cut.

Those are really my only complaints. The cpu has no offensive firepower. The cpu struggles to tackle user ballcarriers (which leads me to believe the broken tackle stats aren't counted correctly). And lastly the pass coverage from the users is off, guys aren't playing to their ratings in this facet of the game.

13. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Yeah, tacklers routinely bounce off Logan.. He is a 99 but his recent cpu games have been ridiculous. The cpu has done pretty well throwing the ball. I can't even try to use man coverage but I thought that was because my secondary was very bad but if the Gators are having issues than maybe that needs to be looked at. I'm all for making the cpu better if possible though.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I don't want to tone down user HB ability. We should be able to make moves with our elite backs. I don't have a problem bumping up tackling though. I

I think your right about the CPU offense, but it's hard for me to tell. I've only played 1 quality team on these sliders (OSU) and I didn't find their offense easy to stop at all, I only won because I forced 2 red zone fumbles. I don't mind enhancing them a bit, but I think bumping them up across the board might be a bit drastic. I would rather make them better though than make us worse.

I haven't seen the issues your having with pass coverage yet, but maybe thats just because I am used to having poor secondaries. I don't mind increasing user pass coverage by 5.

Do any of these absolutely need to be done now? I'm trying to wait til after this season so we have more of a comprehensive view on the sliders against a variety of teams.

15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Lets wait until after the season to make any changes, see how they play out. Right now its a small sample size with results.

16. GoGators

Feel free to do what you want. If you want to wait that's fine. I was just posting my thoughts cause they were fresh in my mind and I had time to do it.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Am I the only that is getting all of these broken tackles? Seriously getting old.

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Maybe your tackling ratings are bad? I don't see many broken tackles at all.

19. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have seen the occassional "beast mode" with multiple broken tackles hut the guys that are doing it are strong backs or big wideouts. Better than the unstoppable insanity from earlier in the season.

My observations have been that my guys have acceleration when they hit the hole or get into open space. Thomas is my power back with very good acceleration and is playing like it. When I make the right read on an option read it matters now b/c Im not being blown up in the backfield.

My defensive line is actually explosive at the snap and makes realistic plays. I don't see as much blown coverage or "sure" interceptions dropped.

20. GoGators

Are you talking about your HB or the CPU's?

21. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

So far, looking at stats from all of our teams, the biggest issue with these sliders is that it is too easy to run the ball. I think I will be bumping the CPU rush D up a tad in the offseason. I like that our HBs are playing how they should be and completely agree with how Suge described it above. I believe that was missing for the last season or more. So I want to try to make the CPU rush D better without taking away from our own players.

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm talking about the CPU...they are busting tackles left and right. Like last night the Miss St HB was wrapped up by nearly 5 guys and broke them all and took it to the house. I know my guys aren't the great defense they once used to be but I know they can tackle.

I also agree that Human running is too easy, just look at my stats. Leaving the Human sliders alone and making the CPU tackling is probably the way to go because I have already grown to enjoy my HB's agility, elusiveness, juke and spin ratings actually reflecting. I can make cuts and break ankles now but they still have put some good shots on me.

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm thinking I might make a change this week as much as I want to wait. It's very clear that running the ball is just too easy. I'm going to bump CPU rush D up 5 and see if that helps.

As for the broken tackles. I have seen backs do what you described, but it only happens once or twice a game and I'm totally okay with that. HB's usually break at least 1 run like that per game anyway.

24. GoGators

Honestly, I'd rather see you increase cpu tackling and decrease user rb ability. If you increase the cpu rush defense they break to the ball too quickly IMO. It's already at 70 I think and going higher will make it worse. It gets pretty ridiculous trying to run the spread option when the safeties are in the backfield as soon as I hand it off.

I also don't think there's any reason our guys need the +5 bump in running back ability to get to 55. We all have stud HBs as it is, why make them faster and stronger than the ratings they already have?

25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Alright, I am okay with this as well. I thought our user rba was lower for some reason, but your right. I'll pop these changes in before the next advance. I don't think this one can wait til the end of the season or things are going to get really out of hand stat-wise.