1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Bing Crosby National Pro-Am @ Pebble Beach

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vlad, May 28, 2012.

1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to the Bing Crosby National Pro-Am

The tournament will open at midnight on Monday and last trough Sunday.​
    A reminder the amateur winner will be named the National Pro-Am Champion​

Check the appropriate sheet in the scoring file bellow for list of players eligible for the Amateur (TBA after the completion of Royall Birkdale),as well as all the scoreboards! ​

You can post all discussion in this thread,just make sure you tag me or SkinniePost if you are entering a score (i.e. round played with another member after disconnect )​

2. Vlad

Featured Threads:
  3. Vlad

Featured Threads:
  4. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Pebble Beach is always fun.

I've played 3 rounds so far...only left a few shots out there that I should have had (only 2 bogeys so far, both in the 3rd round). I've been shooting pretty well lately and it carried over to this tournament. I've had about 6 chip-ins from the fringe/greenside rough through 3 rounds. Which is good that I'm making it, bad that I'm missing the green on the approach. I still have major issues from within 100 yds using a wedge. There are so many times where I'll hit perfect/perfect and it will fall short by 20 yds. I wasn't playing much attention and on that downhill par 3 on the front nine, it's around 125 yds, PLUS a downhill shot, PLUS had a tail wind of 10 mph. So I was aiming at less than 100 yds. I ended up short of the front bunker by 25 yds! Then sunk the pitch for a birdie. LOL.

As a side note, I've changed equipment. I usually would roll with the Nike VR-S. Gives me a bit extra power/acc, at the expense of workability which I never use anyways. But I decided to change to equipment that I would want if I was given the choice IRL. I went over to Callaway Razr series. Very similar to the Nike's, only a point lower in Pwr/Acc. Plus, I haven't noticed any difference on the difficulty that we play between the Nike, the Callaway, and the Hammerhead clubs. So, why not go to a set of clubs that I like! :D

Anyways, enough rambling.

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

First round done, mixed results. I had six birdies on the day, unfortunately, I also had two double-bogeys and a triple-bogey. If I could have just bogey'd those holes I'd be under par :(

6. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I'm going to have to get to make up rounds played. Froze last night on round 3 and just locked up now trying to get a round in at lunch. Vlad, I was chasing you down.....

7. buddycris75

buddycris75 Walk On

i was on pace after the first round with a very good -13. kinda surprised myself. then in round 2 i went back to reality. i think i went -4 and -7 for the next two and still need to play the final round. much better than i have been doing though.

8. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

Disappointing -1 after round one. I had to birdie 17 and 18 to accomplish that. Hopefully that end will springboard a huge finish for me.

9. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    I'm off tomorow can spot you then and you can use Sunday for round 4

10. Noahsdadphil

Noahsdadphil Walk On

Well after one xbox live disconnect and one dirty disc error it looks like I have to bow out of this tournament. Both were on my first round. Now it has me locked out of the tourney. Disappointing as I like this course and I was actually playing half way decent.

11. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Sounds good, around 7 or 8 eastern?

12. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Hmm can we do Earlier?! I'm actually will be out for dinner with my girl after 7 et.

After that is after 11 et which I believe is past your bed time

13. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I don't get out of work usually until 6PM....so probably not. Not a big deal, I'll find a way to get my 3rd round in.

14. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Hello to all,

After being embarassed by Redef in the match play last night and shotting +20 in my first round today in the Pro-Am I am getting pretty frustrated with the game I can't seem to hit a fairway and if I do it goes through the fairway into the rough. Second shots hit the green and go through the green into the rough then I scramble to hopefully make par which leads to a bogey or double bogey or in the case today in my opening round four putting on two holes.

The game is getting frustrating and not enjoyable anymore. I am not quitting just shaking my head trying to figure out how to work on this stuff. I thought I was close to getting pars on every hole but I feel I have taken a lot of steps backwards.

Well good luck to all.

15. Bruinboy20

Bruinboy20 Walk On

Damn ... froze twice today after completing the 13th at Pebble. Guess I'm done. Damn.

16. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Play with Dub-ya for round 3 if you can get on the same time.Use Sunday for round 4

17. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Actually, if you can do something around 11 ET tonight, that'll work. I've been up late all work "re-adjusting" from a long weekend......

18. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

That'll work too....

Bruinboy20 what time can you go tonight?

19. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Finished the 1st day with my 1st Under score of the Tour.

Started off with some par's to start off with then on 6 hit a birdie, then gave it back on 7. then played even on 8,9,10. double bogeyed on 11. then started to bring it back as i chipped away at the score. hit a birdie on 13 to bring it to +1. 14 par'd, 15 birdie to go to E. 16- birdied to go to -1. 17- par'd. and on 18- hit sand on 2nd shot dug it out to bring it to 3 ft of the hole. Nailed the putt for a birdie for -2 on the 1st day.

• Like Like x 2
  20. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Damn. SkinniePost made Pebble Beach his...Pebble Biatch.

21. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    do tell?

22. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

putting him in the -65 to -70 range.....

23. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    starting to dislike the guy he is cramping my style :D

I'm putting a rule he is only allowed to play with the right stick from now on :p

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  24. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

lol, me too ;) but seriously, when I'm playing our weekly tournaments, it's like I check out for 3-5 holes every round. I could have easily been 15-16 under in my first two rounds but I just can't seem to keep it together for an entire round.

25. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

I actually do use the right stick to swing, funny :D

• Like Like x 1